• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Negima! Female Cast Revealed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyrenol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:48 pm Reply with quote
As somebody who forgave Akamatsu after having to deal with Love Hina; the only thing I can say about the live-action version of Negima is this:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

Some things should be left in anime where it belongs.

And yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if the Japanese okayed an American version of anime. They need the teamwork and the money. But I'd rather have one of the attractive guys from "The Departed" than Jack Black. Anybody but Jack Black.

On a side note, I just saw an live-action adult cosplay video of Higurashi's Shmion. (I'm expecting the live-action Higurashi parody from TMA soon.) Hmmm... Japan wants to see their works gobbled by Americans without "catering to their taste..." But a live-action movie based on "HIgurashi..." I would like to see that.
dokool

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:23 pm Reply with quote
I look forward to watching this show from start to finish and at no time being able to remember which girl is which.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
imaramman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:10 pm Reply with quote
I just saw these pictures and this cast is a massive failure in my opinion. After not being able to recognize any characters based on just the photo (esp. after realizing there was no robot-looking girl in the cast) I compared it to the class list in the manga and all I have to say is "wow". Pretty much zero of the actresses look like their character counterparts and the ones that you could try and make an argument for would only slightly resemble the designs. But like HitokiriShadow said, when I got to the class rep on the class list (and the other blondes) I was just flat out flabbergasted that they didn't even dye their hair. And the robot ears? Pitiful.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:39 pm Reply with quote
I've said it before (not necessarily here), but I don't belive these are the finished articles, they just dressed the girls up in the uniforms (which are readily available cosplay items) to introduce them. I don't really expect them to die their hair, but at least one person has already pointed out (again, perhaps not here, I can't remember) that an earlier article already stated they would be putting the ears etc on Chacha.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2