• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Simulcast Working'!!/Wagnaria!! 2nd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:04 pm Reply with quote
cyberbeing wrote:

If economy mode activates, you'll be stuck with an extremely low bitrate (360p / 220kbps video / 64kbps audio) stream. When load on Nicovideo goes down, it will automatically switch back to a very decent bitrate (360p / 1000kbps video / 128kbps audio) yet still low resolution stream.

I'm not sure what other reason you're expecting.

By "other reason", I meant the fact that I didn't click the link for fullscreen. I was not certain that they didn't bump up the bitrate when one does that.

In the event anyone is curious why I didn't click the fullscreen link, just as I did with Blood-C, I downloaded the episode so that I could watch it in true fullscreen, and then delete it when the next episode comes out.
cyberbeing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunately with nicovideo.jp, when you are stuck in eco-mode there is nothing you can do about it (short of forking out money to nicovideo), fullscreen or otherwise, until they decide to switch it back. You're flat-out blocked from accessing the normal stream, so all you can do is wait.

TheAncientOne wrote:
I downloaded the episode so that I could watch it in true fullscreen, and then delete it when the next episode comes out.

If you are using Firefox, I would recommend the NicoFox extension if that's what you're doing. You can set it to automatically check for and download the full-quality stream when it becomes available, if you happen to be stuck in eco-mode.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:58 am Reply with quote
cyberbeing wrote:

If you are using Firefox, I would recommend the NicoFox extension if that's what you're doing. You can set it to automatically check for and download the full-quality stream when it becomes available, if you happen to be stuck in eco-mode.

Unless Nico Nico Douga gets a series (available to the U.S.) other than Fate/Zero, that will not be an issue, as now I can just wait a week and watch it in 720p on Crunchyroll with no worries about economy mode rearing its ugly head.
toyNN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:01 am Reply with quote
Super late followup but suddenly I'm seeing the Crunchyroll has Working!! season 1 - all episodes released. They are dated October 3rd but I think just became available now. Maybe I completely missed them back on the 3rd but I don't think so....no matter we have them now to power watch and then start in with Season 2! Yay Crunchyroll.

TG72 wrote:
toyNN wrote:

Like the first season of Working!! - wish they could figure out a way to stream this also.

I second the motion. It's not available on Netflix or RentAnime. NIS let ANN stream Toradora so I was hoping they would do the same with Working!/Wagnaria! I saw the first four episodes at Animazement and thoroughly enjoyed them.

But thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to crunchyroll for picking up another show I want to see

Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2