• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Police Reaches Dead End in Belgian 'Manga Murder' Case

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:22 pm Reply with quote
It's sad how murderers sometimes never get caught, and it's usually always the smart ones who continue as if nothing else ever happened.

But I doubt they do anything to the Death Note manga, there or here in the U.S., that's like taking Dexter off of Showtime.

I do hope they catch the guy who did this, though. It's people usually who're like that that ruin everything for everybody else.
Moomintroll

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
Also, I'm glad the Dutch don't seem to be going on a "ban the mange" crusade

It didn't happen in the Netherlands, it happened in Belgium.
Ryuuga Hideki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:19 pm Reply with quote
I really hope that this is just a sick joke. O_o
But, think about it, surgical precision? The parts could have been frozen before, most likely a prank.

Still, it's pretty scary that people in the world think that this would be an acceptable prank.
Celes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Nermal wrote:
That's so sad. It's also sad how they misspelled "desu."

Maybe they weren't thinking straight with all the crazy up in there.

It sounds like a medical prank to me. The shaved body parts is what sort of clinched it for me.
Tamaria

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:54 am Reply with quote
Or they just didn't know how it's usually spelled. You don't pronounce the 'u', so if you have next to no knowledge of Japanese it's easy to make that mistake. However, the double s is unnecessary in Dutch, that is what makes the mistake so strange...
ANBUx3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:42 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The only potential witness that has come forward was a jogger that said she saw a blond man lying down in the area where the body parts were discovered.

I couldn't help but think "Johan!" at this. Shocked
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:37 pm Reply with quote
WHICH WAY DID HE GO!? WHICH WAY DID HE GO!? LoL @ Belgian cops
Spirit Ace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:09 pm Reply with quote
The Belgum police should really hire L to solve this case Cool
Kaosu Hinote

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Okay, for one thing, I read somewhere that this began happening sometime after the Death Note manga came out in Belgium, translated into Dutch.

Also, when you freeze a body, the cuts you make tend to be a little cleaner. Although there is a medical college near the spot where the parts were seen, and that particular college has frozen bodies stored there, you cannot automatically assume it was a prank. The staff there claim that if a body were missing, they would know about it, and I am sure that they went back and recounted the bodies just to make sure.

As for the shaved legs, this Belgium "Kira" may have claimed two victims, rather than one. The torso is from a male. But did you stop to think that the thighs may have belonged to a woman?

For those of you who don't think that Death Note could have possibly influenced this murder: Somehow, people tend to be influenced by the things they love and the people and/or characters to whom they look up to. Some people even subconsciously copy those whom they look up to, though this is hardly subconscious at all. If this "Kira" were copying Light from Death Note, they were obviously doing so deliberately. To put it simply: People copy shows and games, then turn around and blame said game or show.

If the Belgium "Kira" is indeed copying Death Note, then China had the right idea in banning the show and manga from the start.
tokujin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:24 am Reply with quote
The victims being immigrants is a very good possibility. Or maybe they were homeless.

That's a very good possibility. One thing that's bothering me is I've been to three sites and they mention two notes, but only ever tell us about the one stating "I am Kira" Why? Or did they use two notes to say it? And if they used two then again why? Also, they misspelled desu, so there's a chance they aren't japanese, but then that could be to throw everyone off. This guy is very good, but he'll be caught, eventually.

Oh, and by the way, to everyone making a joke about the polive bringing in L, that's simply childish. And who knows, if there's someone playing Kira then maybe there's someone playing L as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2