• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Weekend Atlanta 2008 - Bandai Entertainment

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:01 pm Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
Barring any further evidence, I'm going to assume he misspoke and was talking about Now and Then, Here and There. Which is airing right after Gurren Laggan.

He would have had no reason to mention NTHT since it's a Central Park Media/US Manga Corps title and not a Bandai title. Good to see that GL is still on the schedule, that's reassuring, but I'm going to have the worry in the back of my head until next Monday.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Alex_Strife wrote:
YES! I KNEW they were gonna make a Hayate dub! And to think, everyone doubted me saying they would pull a "Gurenn Lagann" on us.

Speaking of which, what does it mean it will be censored and uncensored. Does that mean they'll cut out any references to other animes and such or will they swear alot like in Shin Chan?
I"m glad to hear they're even making a Hayate dub in the first place, but the censored/uncensored audio tracks are just a bonus. I would've been satisfied with just uncensored video. (Must...have...Ayumu Nishizawa strawberry-eating scene...) Though I am a bit concerned about space crowding on the DVDs.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:25 pm Reply with quote
They should have talked about their messed up discs and how even replacements have issues.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
"Bandai plans to continue along general industry shifts towards television and digital distribution in response to changing fan preferences and demands."

For what it's worth, they definitely seem to be set on going down this route. They're airing new shows on Adult Swim(Code Geass) and Sci-Fi(Gurren Lagann) at same time, with another new show for each soon after they end(Code Geass R2 and Gundam 00 respectively).

Not to mention Bandai's always made use of the Adult Swim Fix/Video to show anime episodes. They've shown Eureka seveN, Big O, Code Geass, maybe others too. I like that accessibility they've given to us.

Now if only Sci-Fi would put up their own version of AS Video, we'd be set for TTGL like CG.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Panda Man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Alex_Strife wrote:
YES! I KNEW they were gonna make a Hayate dub! And to think, everyone doubted me saying they would pull a "Gurenn Lagann" on us.

Speaking of which, what does it mean it will be censored and uncensored. Does that mean they'll cut out any references to other animes and such or will they swear alot like in Shin Chan?
I"m glad to hear they're even making a Hayate dub in the first place, but the censored/uncensored audio tracks are just a bonus. I would've been satisfied with just uncensored video. (Must...have...Ayumu Nishizawa strawberry-eating scene...) Though I am a bit concerned about space crowding on the DVDs.

They might do it with one disk having English Dub, and the other having japanese dub. Though, it might not be to hard to hit all 4 onto one disk if they put extras on another.
Katsu Koneko

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:44 am Reply with quote
Can't wait for the Hayate release! Hayate's one of my favorite animes! X3 ::dances::
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2