• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Foxbox Trailers

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel Lily

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:17 pm Reply with quote
I checked it out too, unlike most anime fans I don't mind, also I saw that TMM is winning. But I was a little confused about something, when they talked about Ichigo's wepion they were playing BGM from Pokemon the movie 2000, if that is in the show then I would that 4kids is lazy about BGM, really really lazy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Pandemonium

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Angel Lily wrote:
I checked it out too, unlike most anime fans I don't mind, also I saw that TMM is winning. But I was a little confused about something, when they talked about Ichigo's wepion they were playing BGM from Pokemon the movie 2000, if that is in the show then I would that 4kids is lazy about BGM, really really lazy.

Seeing how everyone calls them lazy, I'm surprised they release anything...

Now I'm not going to say that girls will be the only ones to watch MewMew, but I'm guessing a large percentage would be. They release MewMew for the girls and One Piece for the guys and F-Zero (something something something) for a break from watching tv until the show after it comes on.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:27 pm Reply with quote
It sounds like Mew Mew has a larger male audience than One Piece though. Or a larger combined general audience.
Pandemonium

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:32 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
It sounds like Mew Mew has a larger male audience than One Piece.

The world works in strange ways...if FoxBox asked gender and the show they wanted, it might give a better understanding of the poll. But that's okay, doesn't matter who it's aimed at, mostly everyone will watch it.
AuraShadow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:15 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
The worst-looking of the bunch is F-Zero. It looks more like Speed Racer than the Nintendo series. Anyway...*puts on flame retardant suit*.

Aurashadow:
Quote:
That is the most HORBBILE song I have ever heard.

I guess you don't listen to most j-pop anime openings. It's not that different from the tripe they use to sell records over there.

Quote:
The entire point of her name being Ichigo is that it goes with her attack, but when you change her name, you basicly ruin the shows main focas.

I thought it was about the characters, not the attack.

I listen to alot of different types of japanese songs, even j-rap, so don't assume that just because some one hates the american version of a song means that they don't listen to j-pop. I hate Kenshins opening Freakles with a passion for the same reason...the cutsieness. (grossss) That's pretty rude to just assume I don't listen to j-pop. I hate the Sailor Moon english opening, but does that mean I don't listen to j-pop, no. In fact I love j-pop, j-rock, j-rap, you name it, I listen to it.

Ichigo is the main character, like Usagi is of sailor moon. Her name was Ichigo for a reason, and they changed it so drasticly. They didn't change Sailor moons attack that much, and they didn't do so bad with the names, but here *shiver* Since her attacks were named after her, wouldn't it make since? You have all of these strawberry like attacks, and her name is Zoe? Not right at all...
Pandemonium

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:29 pm Reply with quote
They kept Inu Yasha as a name in dub of Inu Yasha...but then again it's on at 10pm or 11pm on Fridays, and again a few hours later after 12am. So maybe the reason is the time frame for the heavy edits to keep certain people happy.
R.G.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:37 pm Reply with quote
I must say,Zoro's voice is fine and I suppose I could get used to Luffy's.

(Question : is Zoro being voiced by the same guy who does Seto Kaiba's voice?)
saiyajedi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:32 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Luffy's voice sounds exactly like the voice the of the Japanese seiyuu for Goku. The dubs seem fine to me. It's just the shows themselves that blow for me.

Excusing the comment about both fine shows, just a quick FYI: Mayumi Tanaka (Luffy's seiyuu) voiced Kuririn and Yajirobe in DB, not Goku.

But regardless, this dub's Luffy does have a higher voice than Ms. Tanaka uses/used for any of those 3 characters. Razz
iamthatdizzy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:48 am Reply with quote
*sigh* i hate 4kids... I knew this would happen... new sit back and watch One Piece bomb, as for TMM... it shall do the same thing! well, maybe not... but i think we need to bombard 4kids hq and kick the living hell out of their CEO until he agrees to release Uncut, un edited, un altered DVDs of both shows!

WHO'S WITH ME!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:05 am Reply with quote
iamthatdizzy wrote:
WHO'S WITH ME!

Umm... no one?

<sigh> I knew someone would say something like this.
Zack26
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:33 am Reply with quote
R.G. wrote:
I must say,Zoro's voice is fine and I suppose I could get used to Luffy's.

(Question : is Zoro being voiced by the same guy who does Seto Kaiba's voice?)

Zoro's cool Anime smile. But Luffy, I would definitely need to get used to.

Who knows with all this, maybe there might be a future for 4Kids after all. Speaking acting wise. And heck, at least they get to keep the original 1st season opening, We Are!
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:05 am Reply with quote
Well, I think Mew Mew Power is winning all due to one thing.

Luffy doesn't have boobs. He is a Boob, but....

*ducks the thrown items*
wizard55

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:08 am Reply with quote
This is so funny lol Very Happy I knew people would freak out...lol. Don't misunderstand me though, I think alot of this is stupid too how these shows get chopped and music is taken out..etc. TMM looks and sounds more like a japanese show to me for somereason, its probably that wierd opening song. One Piece looks good but I have only seen the first episode of this series and the 1st episode of F-Zero GP Legend, so I cant really say much. and I have not seen any of TMM except the opening to the japanese version and I can't even remember that...lol.
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:14 am Reply with quote
Good gravy. Poor F-Zero. It's getting slaughtered in the polls. =/

Am I the only person in existance who likes that series? =/
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:21 am Reply with quote
One Piece was obviously picked up to cash in on Pirates of the Caribbean. Although waiting a year later to air it might hurt it. Plus Pirates played it straight, while One Piece is going for a comedy angle, confusing newbies into thinking OP is a parody of the film, when it's not.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6