• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Apollon Reunites Cowboy Bebop Director, Composer Kanno

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
supercreep

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:29 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
Whoa! What a pedigree! I was planning to keep an eye out for this series anyway. The name associated with this show makes me hope someone licenses it.

Also happy that this is a NoitaminA show. I was losing hope for this block with this season. Urgh.

I'm so excited for this!

I better be licensed. Watanabe has a pretty good track record for that sort of thing.
Parvati-IV

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Lann wrote:
I would have been over the moon by this news, had the anime not been based off a manga. I've yet to confirm whether the manga is finished though; if so, then i will be happy.

Going back and looking, when this was announced as an anime, it was also announced that the manga was ending in the next issue. No worries!

This makes me super excited, this director/composer. But I'm still excited the most because Flowers is the most awesome manga magazine running right now Very Happy
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:12 pm Reply with quote
WOOHOO! I'm psyched. Good news on what has been a crummy day makes the whole day feel much brighter.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Now there's a promotion video, replete with a nicely animated and pretty badass drum solo. It reminded me fleetingly of the famous opening of "A Night In Tunisia". Hyperbole, I suppose, but a good thing.

Given that it was originally announced that Kenji Nakamura would direct this, I wonder, provided that we have the facts right, if he left the project or will have a supervisory role.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Saffire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
Now there's a promotion video, replete with a nicely animated and pretty badass drum solo. It reminded me fleetingly of the famous opening of "A Night In Tunisia". Hyperbole, I suppose, but a good thing.

Given that it was originally announced that Kenji Nakamura would direct this, I wonder, provided that we have the facts right, if he left the project or will have a supervisory role.
I was just scratching my head over that, but based on the teaser, I think the article meant that Nakamura's show will air alongside Apollon. As in, it's the second spring Noitamina show. Nakamura's project is supposed to be announced next week.
Dop.L

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Sounds fantastic, and I'm totally looking forward to this, I think it could renew a lot of lost faith in the Noitamina slot.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:57 pm Reply with quote
I was having an iffy day, but now everything's coming up roses. Given the pedigree of all involved, this show has everything going for it Smile
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Saffire wrote:
I was just scratching my head over that, but based on the teaser, I think the article meant that Nakamura's show will air alongside Apollon. As in, it's the second spring Noitamina show. Nakamura's project is supposed to be announced next week.

Yes; upon review, I didn't read that earlier article closely enough.

Quote:
Kenji Nakamura's next project will air in the block with Sakamichi no Apollon in April.

Conflict resolved! Self-esteem damaged! Elf needs food badly (but only has a cup of tea)!
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Sakamichi no Apollon just got a whole lot more interesting… Very Happy

I was fairly "meh" when I saw the promo pic and description for the story, which only stood out because it is set in the '60s spoiler[(and maybe another noitaminA series with homosexual undertones?)]. Not that it didn't seem interesting, but it seemed close to some of their more recent works.

But now that they have thrown out the bombshell announcement of Shinichiro Watanabe not only directing it, but Yoko Kanno providing the score, my interests have skyrocketed. And on top of that, you have Nobuteru Yuki and Tezuka Productions on it, too? The trailer looks great and I hope the production as a whole looks that high or around it, too.

And suddenly, Apollon has possibly become the most anticipated show of the spring.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Now if only the character designs were Toshihiro Kawamoto's...

Well, anyway, I may just watch this since Shinchiro Watanabe's at the helm and Yoko Kanno's music is in the background.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
chrisb
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:32 pm Reply with quote
The first chapter of the manga is pretty amazing. I'm really looking forward to this.
Lann

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Parvati-IV wrote:
Lann wrote:
I would have been over the moon by this news, had the anime not been based off a manga. I've yet to confirm whether the manga is finished though; if so, then i will be happy.

Going back and looking, when this was announced as an anime, it was also announced that the manga was ending in the next issue. No worries!

YESSS!! A decent adaptation WITH AN ENDING is likely!! Brilliant i can finally start looking forward to this!!

Seatbelts reunion! make it happen!!!
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:05 pm Reply with quote
An anime based off of a manga about jazz music and it's during the 60's?!

SOLD! Smile

I'm sure Shinichiro Watanabe and Yoko Kanno won't disappoint!! Very Happy
Myaow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:37 pm Reply with quote
I may have shrieked! I cannot get enough of this renaissance of cool artists from the 90s/00s! Someone please simulcast this, I will bake you cookies.
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:59 pm Reply with quote
K-On (or Beck, though I haven't seen it yet) meets Cowboy Bebop. Yes please.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5