• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime in the Philippines.

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aishite_amatsuki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:15 am Reply with quote
Qtv channel 11 will air kaicho wa maid sama on January 06 this 2011. Razz
kenshinflyer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:39 am Reply with quote
It's been eight years since I started this thread...and surely a lot of things happened.

Anyway, one local Philippine anime channel seems to have managed to outpace the de facto leading anime channel ANIMAX in the Philippines. As of June 2012 HERO TV, owned by Creative Programs Inc. (a subsidiary of ABS-CBN), has managed to show anime that ANIMAX hasn't shown anywhere, and some being only around less than a year old--the likes of Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom, Hanasaku Iroha, Hakuouki: Shinsengumi Kitan, and Shiki. They also beefed up their title lineup with Naruto Shippuden, the ex-ANIMAX Jigoku Shoujo, Zero no Tsukaima F, and Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds. They also bagged the rights to Sailor Moon (but, so far, up to Sailor Moon R has been shown) and even got to the Toaru franchise (Toaru Kagaku no Railgun and, seemingly like an afterthought, Toaru Majutsu no Index) first before ANIMAX could get it for its Philippine feed. They continue to air the Gintama franchise--reportedly they have the third and fourth seasons in addition to the first and second seasons previously aired, and the fifth is rumored to follow. It is the same for Hitman Reborn. Some of these titles also aired on the free-to-air station of CPI's parent ABS-CBN.

ANIMAX has fought back, as of August, with titles like Beezlebub, all seasons of K-ON and Nurarihyon no Mago, Fairy Tail, and premieres like Sket Dance and the second season of Baka to Test to Shokanjuu; and plans to join the rest of the world in premiering the much-anticipated K anime in October.

Elsewhere, as I recall, GMA had the free-to-air rights for Fairy Tail.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:48 am Reply with quote
yea right but do NOT be fooled by them yea phils anime cake is a LIE!!!

give there no anime dvd in phils video stores is one thing showing on anime on tv is worse to watch.

local tv is too much decay give tv5 got no anime bring back animega, abs-cbn/studio 23 please no more of those filler sports & etc more fresh anime, & that Going Messed-up Anime Network yea worst network ever.

oh cable will please tell animax showing dub of animax give real dubs from u.s. area give make no sense show eps of bleach in dub then switch to japanese are you serious bro & then line-up got please me want u.s. dubs.

hero tv don't watch bad scked, lack of fresh, too much re-run, & etc really switch to english dub already.

overall whole phils anime tv suffer from too much network decay, screw by network, tv management treat anime like extra/fillers/etc to point like trying to get rid of anime.

really like there so scared anime of f-service or doobi really come we're not little jimmy give more anime to phils anime people.

yea better stick internet anime watching til somebody save anime phils area.
kenshinflyer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:02 am Reply with quote
I would say HERO TV has improved, and is getting the hang of getting some really fresh titles. It's understandable that they rerun a few titles because they are probably waiting for new titles to become available; and, seemingly, those reruns are still in demand among majority of HERO's audiences--even to a point of wanting a second season for anime that in really is one season long.

At least there was a great improvement in HERO ever since acquiring these new titles--even managing get a killer franchise from under ANIMAX's nose. And, well, it looks like its suffering from budget issues, hence barely managing to air Nurarihyon no Mago: Sennen Makyo and City Hunter, just as HERO is relishing a six-title romp.

Anyway, what HERO and ANIMAX are airing right now is the best it could get for TV.
kenshinflyer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:29 am Reply with quote
KLAC wrote:
hero tv don't watch bad scked, lack of fresh, too much re-run, & etc really switch to english dub already.

I have to disagree on this one. In June they scored 2011 vintage anime titles, and the titles they're obtaining are getting fresher and fresher--like Gintama Season 5. And, as of now, they are awaiting the fifth season of Naruto Shippuden to end in Japan so that they could acquire the rights to air it.
KLAC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:45 am Reply with quote
still a lie give only thing if hero tv want to bring back to it TRUE days of anime watching here must do

1.get rid of cartoons/non-anime really fillers to watch.

2.lessen the over re-run give bad put 13eps or less anime on weekdays yet show 4 straight re-run in a row even worse recall princess ressurection was re-run 6 times in a row.

3.show english dub anime!!! give make shown anime movies on japanese dub yet one recall show hollywood cartoon movies (really a FAIL move ways like what were they thinking?) besides it time finally show english dub anime.

4.will show anime with really take it to show it's not for little jimmy like bring in witchblade anime, dragonaut, FREEZING, rosario vampire, etc aka fanservice anime come it's cable tv you show fanservice.

really i'm still NOT liking that channel this these demands are set.
kenshinflyer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:52 pm Reply with quote
KLAC wrote:
1.get rid of cartoons/non-anime really fillers to watch.

I think those are all gone. The only one operating right now is Ultraviolet: Code 044.

KLAC wrote:
2.lessen the over re-run give bad put 13eps or less anime on weekdays yet show 4 straight re-run in a row even worse recall princess ressurection was re-run 6 times in a row.

Yes, but that is done while waiting for new material, which, nowadays, seem to come in torrents. Surprisingly, the kids in there seem to RELISH those reruns.

KLAC wrote:
3.show english dub anime!!! give make shown anime movies on japanese dub yet one recall show hollywood cartoon movies (really a FAIL move ways like what were they thinking?) besides it time finally show english dub anime.

In admission, this is its biggest flaw. Even if I say it's a local anime channel.

KLAC wrote:
4.will show anime with really take it to show it's not for little jimmy like bring in witchblade anime, dragonaut, FREEZING, rosario vampire, etc aka fanservice anime come it's cable tv you show fanservice.

With the kids around...heh; though the new titles are uncensored, seemingly. Though there are a few of us "capable" of watching them talking about a midnight programming block.

KLAC wrote:
really i'm still NOT liking that channel this these demands are set.

Understandable; but, the way I look at things, they're improving.
KLAC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:00 pm Reply with quote
NO NO NO really don't watch or trust it really if want make then why have their video stores also have anime dvd-blu as well?

give it been too long where are anime dvd-blu in phils video stores & yet still don't watch that channel.

really it still NO NO NO good to watch really can't stand reborn anime, cartoon fil-dub need to go away, stop over re-run same anime, etc

so much there barely picking anime we want really those MTRCB are more why lack of anime with doobi to watch.

indeed ONORE really phils tv-dvd management they are real cancer screwing anime in phils anime watching.
kenshinflyer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:27 am Reply with quote
Yeah. There are flaws, but they'll do for now.
KLAC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:53 am Reply with quote
kenshinflyer wrote:
Yeah. There are flaws, but they'll do for now.

indeed it all ONORE the mtrcb, phils tv & dvd management for really a bunch of baka for screwing anime watching in phils area.

yea still wonder after even afraid showing anime like this http://tenka.seiha.org/images2/freezing5/freezing5_36.jpg oh come really are they so scared of female anime characters especially on doobi size?

indeed either the mtrcb or phils tv-dvd has more dumber than ever to maybe showing so boring or that they so JEALOUS of anime there so trying to really screw anime by any means to really screw not only anime but fans as well?

overall really with all shows they got being so PG to watch yea they can take it all shove it up their you know what cause go with either i-net tv or we do something get more anime on tv & dvd.
kenshinflyer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:06 am Reply with quote
As for them getting scared of airing something kickass as Freezing, they don't want to repeat the disaster that is their airing of Maburaho and Ikkitousen--totally stripped of the "important parts."
KLAC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:46 am Reply with quote
kenshinflyer wrote:
As for them getting scared of airing something kickass as Freezing, they don't want to repeat the disaster that is their airing of Maburaho and Ikkitousen--totally stripped of the "important parts."

well give anime these days ever since queen's blade aka doobi milk attack.

sure been those f-service over 900 like seikon to manyuu give no wonder MTRCB are scared for female anime characters & doobi size.

yet so PG keep the little jimmies safe & ok but come on not all anime for little kiddies.

really besides IF i were i charge make better showing picking anime to show & bring anime dvd-blu to all vids stores.

but cause of now yea stick with i-net for anime watching cause overall really the MTRCB are total bullies to anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 11 of 11