• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Oreimo Anime's 2nd Season Green-Lit

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Banken wrote:

Obviously if you're judging it by real life standards instead of fiction standards it's pretty far to one side of the normal scale, but until they start taking baths together it's not really that creepy. And by Japanese standards, even that would only be weird, not headline news.

Well, since at this point I'm convinced you'd just shrug off them sleeping together as "familial bonding", I guess there's very little more I can say to convince you, since you've got an overwhelming sense of denial. I'd think the majority of people would find most of what has already been discussed to be well into the "wow, kinda creepy incestuous" territory.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Banken

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:31 am Reply with quote
VORTIA wrote:

Well, since at this point I'm convinced you'd just shrug off them sleeping together as "familial bonding"

Wow, really?

Where is all this coming from exactly? I'm only giving my opinions about what I think the theme of the show is.
Banken

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:32 am Reply with quote
VORTIA wrote:

Well, since at this point I'm convinced you'd just shrug off them sleeping together as "familial bonding"

Wow, really?

Where is all this coming from exactly? I'm only giving my opinions about what I think the theme of the show is.

If you think it's that creepy, why are you reading the light novels to begin with? Sounds like you've gone pretty far into the story for someone who thinks it's a story about creepy incest.
Banken

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:33 am Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:

Also, begging for his little sister to come home when he had a perfectly beyond acceptable girlfriend option. If that doesn't indicate an unhealthy obsession, well I don't know what does!

Did you just suggest that sister = girlfriend?
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:39 am Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:

Also, begging for his little sister to come home when he had a perfectly beyond acceptable girlfriend option. If that doesn't indicate an unhealthy obsession, well I don't know what does!

This would only make sense if he wants to stick it into Kirino...but at the current time, he only sees her as a violent little sister that he's only starting to grow attached to.

I'm guessing he misses Kirino's over-the-top tsundere-ish nature.

Let's be honest, things were a bit too quiet at home once Kirino was gone in the OVA.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:40 am Reply with quote
Banken wrote:

Because you are shrugging off what I think most of us would see as signs of incestuous interest.

Quote:

If you think it's that creepy, why are you reading the light novels to begin with? Sounds like you've gone pretty far into the story for someone who thinks it's a story about creepy incest.

Oh no, I dig it. I've been a fan of little sister stories since Da Capo I was simply pointing out that it is what others "in quotes" would find to be signs of creepy incest. For me? It's awesome incest.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:42 am Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
Sailor S wrote:

Did you just suggest that sister = girlfriend?

I think his point was that he had perfectly suitable female companionship, yet he blows his lover Kuroneko off to chase his little sister in another country. That's pretty wild.
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:49 am Reply with quote
VORITA, it's perfectly acceptable for people to have different interpretations of an event. He'd just started getting closer to his sister when she took off without notice and refused to speak with him - of course he's not going to take it well, but that doesn't ipso facto mean he wants to screw her. If some people see it as family bonding, continuously caterwauling about how you see it as incestuous isn't going to change their minds(especially when we've already had a nice post postulating it's that very mindset that's the cause of their biggest issues).
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
If some people see it as family bonding, continuously caterwauling about how you see it as incestuous isn't going to change their minds

I already posted to that effect, actually

VORTIA wrote:

Well, since at this point I'm convinced you'd just shrug off them sleeping together as "familial bonding", I guess there's very little more I can say to convince you,...

My point was simply to express my utter confusion at how anyone could interpret the events of the anime as anything but how they clearly appear to myself and many others. I suppose that if you keep asking people you'll be bound to find individuals who will identify a leopard as a zebra and the sky as the ground if you keep at it long enough. *shrugs*

When something strikes an individual as self-evident, it's kind of hard to find any lens through which to understand a statement to the contrary - hands have seven fingers, the sky is neon green, etc.
Annf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:01 pm Reply with quote
To me it feels like a tease story that doesn't actually have concrete motivations for the characters, just a collection of scenes intended to provide the audience possibilities to imagine and joke about, while being careful to avoid committing to anything.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:33 am Reply with quote
So is it getting a second season after all, or was this an April Fools' Joke? I want to know 'cause if it is, I can clear my schedule and take three months off work. Need to get somewhere far far away . . . The Bahamas would be nice . . . . . .
lumier-chan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:12 am Reply with quote
i sooo happy about it, o hope that Kyosuke and kuroneko be together Smile) i soo like them Smile)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 12 of 12