• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dragonar Academy (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bango

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:42 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to see them have a kid.

... damn I feel old.

Seriously though, I half wonder if Eco'll ummm... "grow" the necessary parts as she matures. That'd solve their future problems and it'd give Ash the time and reason to ponder the possibilities better than he did here. Sure you can have a long-lasting relationship without sex but I agree that this setting makes it really seem like a VIP like Ash needs somebody to carry his name.

A harem would solve that right up.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:52 am Reply with quote
Bango wrote:
I'd like to see them have a kid.

... damn I feel old.

OH MY GAWD.

I can't believe I forgot about couple....Anime hyper

Quote:
There was the hand holding thing, but that was portrayed as a "swept up in the mood" thing

Regardless, Ash was the one who took her into town on a date before they even got to that couples section. You claim he treats her like a child...but if a child said to a teen "You can hold my hand" that teen would not turn as red as a cherry tomato.
..........unless he was a lolicon. Laughing

Quote:
Even if that wasn't the case, right after that Ash has absolutely no reaction to Eco in a dress, yet Silvia gives him a one way ticket to boner-ville.

Because Silvia is an F-cup and Eco is flat. Rolling Eyes You're acting like this is the first time a loli was ignored over a more busty woman. But that's been happening since the origin of the loli MC. Its only purpose is to piss the loli off and/or make her jealous. Which it did.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:32 am Reply with quote
Just a silly thought, it figures that "Ash" would have a dragon that would not listen to him a lot, is constantly in a tsundere pairing, befriends the creatures, and probably will not become a Pokémon master.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:42 pm Reply with quote
I see whut you did there. Laughing

Ash Blake might be the only anime boy whose true name is "Ash" though...since Pokemon's "Ash"'s real name is "Satoshi".
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Regardless, Ash was the one who took her into town on a date before they even got to that couples section. You claim he treats her like a child...but if a child said to a teen "You can hold my hand" that teen would not turn as red as a cherry tomato.

Even if you call it a date, they were just sightseeing in a big city (Prim was with them too) so that alone isn't that significant. Also I think you're underestimating how much the environment can influence one's emotions (see the suspension bridge effect).

Chiibi wrote:
Because Silvia is an F-cup and Eco is flat. Rolling Eyes You're acting like this is the first time a loli was ignored over a more busty woman. But that's been happening since the origin of the loli MC. Its only purpose is to piss the loli off and/or make her jealous. Which it did.

But he saw Eco before Silvia showed up, so he ignored her when there was no busty woman present.

Besides, if he had romantic inclinations towards Eco, it wouldn't matter if her chest was big or not. The fact that it's her chest is what would have made it attractive.

Just looking at the anime it comes across as a last minute hook up, but in the case of the original novels there's 11 books that come after it with which to iron things out. So on the off chance there are more seasons my grievances will probably be addressed.

Well, as it stands it's just a kiss. At least he didn't declare his intentions to elope with her. That would be stupid.

At any rate, between this show and Chaika, I won't be surprised if Black Bullet ends with Rentaro and Enju about to kiss.
Crusher X303

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Chiibi wrote:

Even if you call it a date, they were just sightseeing in a big city (Prim was with them too) so that alone isn't that significant. Also I think you're underestimating how much the environment can influence one's emotions (see the suspension bridge effect).

I don't know if it is just me... but during that whole scene with the blushing and hand holding I didn't get any "romantic" vibes going on either. It seemed more like they looked around and saw the environment they where in (real couples showing affection all around them) and were embarrassed to be there like that and mutually held hands to try to "play it off" as it were, so they didn't feel so outta place.

(also I have had quite a bit to drink... so I am not sure if this made sense.)
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Breaking news! Looks like Eco does have nipples in the Blu Ray version.

Just thought you'd like to know this most important piece of information.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:57 pm Reply with quote
I will do my best to contain my joy
Crusher X303

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:34 pm Reply with quote
It would seem Eco is maturing right before our very eyes.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:21 pm Reply with quote
The nipples don't matter. The bigger question is did they shed light on whether she developed reproductive organs or not. Wink
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

But he saw Eco before Silvia showed up, so he ignored her when there was no busty woman present.

Besides, if he had romantic inclinations towards Eco, it wouldn't matter if her chest was big or not. The fact that it's her chest is what would have made it attractive.

But her chest wasn't half-exposed like Silvia's was.

Quote:
The nipples don't matter. The bigger question is did they shed light on whether she developed reproductive organs or not.

That question answers itself. Did you study biology? If the female has nips....what else would they be for?
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:42 am Reply with quote
She doesn't even have nipples in the novel or manga though....... Shocked
Might just be an anime thing.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:08 am Reply with quote
No, she does have nipples in the manga, when it became a tankoban or something
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:05 pm Reply with quote
I think you are looking at this from the wrong perspective. Like other dragon/handler pairings Ash and Eco are bound together. They can even tell where the other is at. They are already living in the same room.

Do you really think she will let him have a sexual relationship with anyone else? I'm pretty sure she thinks of him as her property to some extent.
Volibear

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:10 pm Reply with quote
I feel like I was back in 2007 watching this one. It was nice to be reminded of old memories but really I didn't feel like this was as good as it's predecessors. Just felt bland and like it was trying to reignite something that has all but died out now. Wasn't bad enough to drop, but nowhere near good enough to be purchase worthy.

Hopefully this doesn't spark some sort of resurgence in similar shows, sometimes fads need to be left to die out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 12 of 12