• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Macross Delta (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:39 pm Reply with quote
I have to agree, the show certainly is bit easy to predict where it's going plot wise except for what they may do in the end.

VF-22, is primed and ready to go for Hayate to rescue the trio from the clutches of the evil Windermere. Though it will be interesting to see what the "outside" influence on Riod/Floyd is. I think it maybe the King from beyond the grave or possibly what's left of the ProtoCulture itself.

spoiler[II originally suspected that Freyja will remain with the King and help him lead his people with her voice. If he lives, but its possible that Keith will be the king, since his bother is on the verge of dying from use of ProtoCulture Transmitter. I get bad vibs for what may happen to our 3-year old Mikumo, since she seems to have been separated from the group socially at times.

Show going such weird direction, it less Macross to me and more something less realistic. Sad. Lord I miss the old Hard-Scifi feel to the franchise.
]
VicViper_Mk2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:58 pm Reply with quote
One possibility is Hayate use the VF-22 to rescue his friends, but on the way back to the rendezvous point he's intercepted by Keith, the 22 outmatched by the draken gets shot down just in time for Hayate's VF-31 brought to him.

If he's going to use the 22, then who's going to use the 31? Or maybe they're redoing the same thing with Alto in the final battle, bringing him the VF-25 after his VF-171EX is destroyed.
VicViper_Mk2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Episode 24

So much for those theories. Hayate and group is so heavily guarded there is no way for him to get his hands on the VF-22. Instead, that arms dealer brought Arad and group to the plane (what is he playing at) Although not destroyed, the 22 did take moderate damage and was abandoned.

spoiler[OMG, Makina got shot, really thought she was going to be dead on the spot. Since she's still alive by the end of the episode, probably will pull through. Really not a good idea to kill off a main when its only 2 episodes left.]

Still don't understand this whole "Star Singer" deal with Mikumo.
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Uh... what's going on with the arms dealer's voice? It was definitely a different voice actor. So is it a different character or was there some kind of issue with the voice actor?

I'm not sure where the VFs came from. I thought they left them behind somewhere? Or did Arad's group bring them along? Did Hayate just call them to his location somehow? But wouldn't the VFs get spotted and destroyed by the capital's(?) defenses? Eh, I guess it's just like "call mount" in a video game, the thing just appears in his location.
Raftina

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Berger's VA was too sick to continue his role, supposedly.

For the planes: I believe Windmere is an agrarian society that imports all its weapons via Berger's company. While they do have access to advanced equipment, it is questionable how well they are deployed and how well-rounded the acquisitions are. It would not be far-fetched to assume that the planes managed to escape detection by flying along the deem chasm where the execution would take place.

Betting pool on whether Makina survives?
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Raftina wrote:
For the planes: I believe Windmere is an agrarian society that imports all its weapons via Berger's company. While they do have access to advanced equipment, it is questionable how well they are deployed and how well-rounded the acquisitions are. It would not be far-fetched to assume that the planes managed to escape detection by flying along the deem chasm where the execution would take place.

I'm not sure if I'm convinced by that explanation, but I doubt the show is going to give us the answer so I guess that's at least a plausible possibility.

Raftina wrote:
Betting pool on whether Makina survives?

I guess I'd bet my money on her surviving. She didn't die on the spot and they managed to escape. She might not take part in the final battle though. I'm not confident in my bet, because I feel like they are going to kill off one important character (from Walkure's/Chaos' side) at least because it's the final battle so why the heck not. I feel like Mikumo sacrifising herself is also quite likely. Also maybe Arad sacrifising himself to stop a superweapon or something. I dunno, dunno about anything.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:02 pm Reply with quote
There 26 episode? I thought there were 25.

spoiler[
Looks like from Mikumo's crying that she singing against her will.
And Freyja starting to prematurely to die i guess with that crystal thing,
I wonder if Mirage will take the advise about clearing her head. It maybe hint of her unlocking her unwanted baggage and becoming a better pilot.

I have no clue where it's going now this series.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Episode 24

Good episode, my favorite part is when Hayate, Frejya, and Hayate all jumped down into that abyss hole but turned out to be all a distraction as they had a plan to escape.

As expected, Bogue showed no mercy in trying to get rid of those three. Sigh, I don't think he'll ever change now especially with just two more episodes left. Also, I really hope Makina doesn't die. She got shot and it didn't look good for her. As for Frejya, seems like she's got a slight death flag as well..

Also, Mikumo is being used against her will as the Star Singer. Wonder if she will overcome that trance and regain her identity. From what I've heard, she considers herself a Walkure first.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:26 am Reply with quote
Makina won't die. All of Walkure needs to be present for the big final battle music number.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:24 pm Reply with quote
An emotional moment between Hayate and Freyja set to a piano version of Do You Remember Love?

Guys, I don't think Mirage can come back from this one Laughing
VicViper_Mk2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Too bad its only an instrumental version, the song would have been better.

Makina needs to have some Wolverine style magical healing factor if she wants to participate in the final battle.

The NUNS are charging in head straight again just like their Frontier counterpart, WMDs at the ready.

Despite being the leader of Walkure, Kaname's character development had been sidelined more to focus on Mikumo and Freya (understandably legitimate). So it seems kinda late at the eve of final battle that she starts to assert herself more.

If there is two things I predict that won't happen in the final battle, its the identity of Lady M, and the VF-31 not getting an attachment/upgrade.

Mikumo has been bound by that rope for far too long. Stuck on the enemy's flagship, where's she going to go. Oh that's right she knows Kung Fu. But I think Roid and company get's a perverse pleasure of seeing Mikumo squirm.

Final Fantasy X pyreflies knock-off.

spoiler[Oh wait what's that? Mikumo's song made the NUNS press the red button on their really big bomb and went KABOOM, taking our their entire fleet. Deja Vu? Do you remember love singing Ranka]
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:55 pm Reply with quote
So who is Lady M? Lynn Minmay? I kinda missed that part. Who she is, doesn't really mean much to me since I'm not familiar with Macross universe. Lynn Minmay would be the idol girl from first Macross? I have no idea how the timeline goes so I don't know if it even makes any sense.

Hayate x Freyja is pretty much guaranteed. They just have to seal it with a kiss. Unless Freyja dies in the last episode which would suck. But I doubt that Macross would pull off such a tragic ending.
VicViper_Mk2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Sheryl did die in the final episode, until Alto and Ranka goes spiritual and shifts the magical bacteria to a different location and voila, she's alive again. Kawamori is probably not in the business of killing the series signature songstress. Unless a breakthrough occurs in the final episode that will extend Freyja's life, she'll be dead a lot sooner, but most likely off-screen (or in the movie)

edit: So Minmay is Lady M after all, after all this talk about her by the Chaos crew, they seem genuinely surprised, as if they didn't knew her true identity all this time. Kawamori had somehow went back against his own words that Minmay's story is over. What's he playing at?
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:38 pm Reply with quote
If there would be a military personnel that would be in charge of Megaroad-01, wouldn't that imply it is Misa Hayase?
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:48 am Reply with quote
The arms merchant dude said "I hear that the person Lady M made their debut around that time as well" (50 years before the end of Frontier if I understood it correctly). Misa was a cranky military officer or something, not an idol, right? This is from fansubs so there is the possibility of it being a bad translation. I dunno.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 18 of 20