• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Mike Toole Show - Collect 'Em All

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DifferentD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:13 am Reply with quote
So excited to say that I just found and ordered the Anime Legends set of Scrapped Princess for a mere $20!! Very Happy
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:14 pm Reply with quote
bravetailor wrote:

I also missed out on finishing Brigadoon. Certain later volumes are impossible now, and I saw them just sitting around in a store for many years, too, thinking I'd get them later, then later, then later.

Not really impossible. I just got a complete set of new, shrinkwrapped Tokyopop singles for only $15 on ebay (the drawback is they had a gash through the barcode on the back of the cases, but this doesn't bother me in particular much). Probably not many people bought this, so copies will continue to float around out there. It's a shame, but I was really happy I was able to get this series because I love it. I doubt it will happen, but hopefully it will get licensed rescued.
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:34 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
bravetailor wrote:

I also missed out on finishing Brigadoon. Certain later volumes are impossible now, and I saw them just sitting around in a store for many years, too, thinking I'd get them later, then later, then later.

Not really impossible. I just got a complete set of new, shrinkwrapped Tokyopop singles for only $15 on ebay (the drawback is they had a gash through the barcode on the back of the cases, but this doesn't bother me in particular much). Probably not many people bought this, so copies will continue to float around out there. It's a shame, but I was really happy I was able to get this series because I love it. I doubt it will happen, but hopefully it will get licensed rescued.

In my time, it was a notch or a slash on a record and tape we had to live through anyway.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:11 am Reply with quote
Got volume 6 of Beck (anime), volumes 4 and 5 of Welcome to the NHK (anime), and volumes 2 and 5 of Strawberry Panic for about $20 from Right Stuf Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 18 of 18