• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Right Stuf Adds El Hazard: The Wanderers Anime Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:30 pm Reply with quote
JohnnySake wrote:
Great news. You can count on Right Stuf to make a quality product, regardless of being packaged in a litebox. I'm looking forward to the release in September, but no hurry, we have yet to experience any summer here in Michigan! Wink

I can't wait to pick it up either. Summer came by today, but who knows how long it will stick around.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Youkai Warrior

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:34 pm Reply with quote
I had been considering buying El Hazard, but with the original releases out of print, I decided to give up on it, but now that it's being licensed rescued, I may consider it again, especially since I've been clearing out my anime collection and selling series that flopped (to me). There may be openings in my collection (and my wallet) for El Hazard now. Wink
Chiyosuke

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:13 am Reply with quote
ugh... I woulda prefered the original OVA, but hey, better than nothing right!? I'd still choose a "classic" over this junk Japan is pumpin' out these days

- Chiyo
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Katsu Koneko wrote:
Awesomeness!

I hope the rest of the series will be rescued. Wanderers is one of my favorites. Ah the memories of watching anime on the International Channel. Very Happy

Same here. I also watched it on the international channel too as well as the OVA. though I liked it a lot , others didn't and the reasons are kinda obivious. though I liked the wanderers over the ova and the alternatve world.

Leon Evolon wrote:

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:11 pm

It's strange that they didn't pick up the original OAV as well. Perhaps AIC is asking too much for that license?

The Wanderers was a great retelling of the story, despite it being toned down for TV. Not only did it follow the basic story line of the original, they made certain changes that had you looking at the characters in a new light. Definitely get's my thumbs up -- good to see it finally get rescued

Unfortunately it pissed off a lot of people. Especially Ifurita fans.

However i liked it as well as a twist for who'll be makoto's new interest.

Though it would have been a howl if they had also included Run's lesbian sister Fatora. Could only imagine the chaos. Not to mentioned including Parnons and Quaul from the Alternative World to that series as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3