• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: K-On Franchise Sells Over 500,000 BDs, DVDs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joichiro Nishi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:01 pm Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
msgundam2 wrote:
kaizoku00 wrote:
I can't wait to be one of the people buying this series. K-On! is just a really enjoyable show with cute humor. I myself am a girl and like the series because it reminded me of my own time in highschool with my own friends. It' silly to compare it to sparkly vampires Rolling Eyes Just sayin'

You are not alone. K-on! has a large female fan base.
K-on! videos on Youtube are mostly watched by Females age's 13-17. If you ask me I think K-on! is a shoujo anime-manga.
K-on! is full of cuteness and female related stuff. Last time I checked Girls like cute stuff and stuff they can relate to.

Well, with this coming from a guy who's three favorite shows are K-ON, Lucky Star and Azumanga Daioh, I can say that it's not just for girls. Remember, PPG was meant for girls but instead it brought a huge boy fanbase. I can say this is the same case.

Actually it's the opposite. Originally K-on was targeted exclusively toward creepy pedophiles, the manga was published in a seinen magazine and the anime was aired in late night, but for some reason girls liked it.

Under a western POV it's unthinkable that ubercute cartoons like K-on or Lucky Star were aimed to adult men but we're not talking about USA, we're talking about the otaku subculture. Otakus are afraid of the real world, they want a warm place where nobody can hurt them. For that reason they like cuteness so much.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:59 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Joichiro Nishi"][quote="SonicRenegade84"]
msgundam2 wrote:
Otakus are afraid of the real world, they want a warm place where nobody can hurt them. For that reason they like cuteness so much.

Anime hyper Why does this make sense to me?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Because one of the main purposes of anime (or heck, practically all entertainment media itself) is escapism.

EDIT: Also, it's amusing to me that some people equate "seinen demographic" to "pedophiles".
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, but I escape into anime to enter a world where gunslingers travel in space, monsters are your friends, and hell, where the high school life you wanted comes to life. I don't do it because I go into a world where I can see girls get naked and I can fap to little girls without getting arrested.

But to destroy my point, I agree with what you said, it is still escapism.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Joichiro Nishi wrote:
Originally K-on was targeted exclusively toward creepy pedophiles,

Wait, huh? Wasn't it marketed as a music anime before we found out what it really was?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:13 pm Reply with quote
What in the world is semi-naked? If someone doesn't have socks on, is that semi-naked, since they are in part naked? Such a vague term if I've ever seen one I must say. Yeah, I'm not a fan of fanservice-for-the-sake-of-fanservice shows myself, but others are. We all have our own tastes.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:16 pm Reply with quote
I noticed it myself, my mistake. But my point still stands.
naninanino

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:56 am Reply with quote
First of all, I'd like to comment the news with a few words: Oh my God!

SonicRenegade84 wrote:
I don't do it because I go into a world where I can see girls get naked and I can fap to little girls without getting arrested.

This is somewhat out of context. There really isn't anything to masturbate to in K-On!!, unless the person has some sort of tea & cake fetish. It is sort of surprising that the sales are so high, since it's not like DBs/DVDs are "uncencored" or anything. There are just some trashy 3-4 min extras.

As for the second season. It went nowhere, nothing was added to the characters, there were no stories, it did nothing with the theme, atmosphere was nil and no exploration about anything anywhere. This comes from a fan of slice of life.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:06 am Reply with quote
Listen to spoiler[U&I] or spoiler[Tenshi ni Fureta yo] and say that nothing was added to the characters Anime cry
msgundam2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:25 am Reply with quote
Joichiro Nishi wrote:
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
msgundam2 wrote:
kaizoku00 wrote:
I can't wait to be one of the people buying this series. K-On! is just a really enjoyable show with cute humor. I myself am a girl and like the series because it reminded me of my own time in highschool with my own friends. It' silly to compare it to sparkly vampires Rolling Eyes Just sayin'

You are not alone. K-on! has a large female fan base.
K-on! videos on Youtube are mostly watched by Females age's 13-17. If you ask me I think K-on! is a shoujo anime-manga.
K-on! is full of cuteness and female related stuff. Last time I checked Girls like cute stuff and stuff they can relate to.

Well, with this coming from a guy who's three favorite shows are K-ON, Lucky Star and Azumanga Daioh, I can say that it's not just for girls. Remember, PPG was meant for girls but instead it brought a huge boy fanbase. I can say this is the same case.

Actually it's the opposite. Originally K-on was targeted exclusively toward creepy pedophiles, the manga was published in a seinen magazine and the anime was aired in late night, but for some reason girls liked it.

Under a western POV it's unthinkable that ubercute cartoons like K-on or Lucky Star were aimed to adult men but we're not talking about USA, we're talking about the otaku subculture. Otakus are afraid of the real world, they want a warm place where nobody can hurt them. For that reason they like cuteness so much.

What part of K-on! is for pedos? I watched both seasons and the OVA. I did not see what you are talking about. Or is every anime about highschool girls is pedo?
So is azumanga daioh a pedo anime? its basicly has the same structure(highschool girl comedy).

Last edited by msgundam2 on Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:34 am; edited 2 times in total
msgundam2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:31 am Reply with quote
[quote="SonicRenegade84"][quote="Joichiro Nishi"]
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
msgundam2 wrote:
Otakus are afraid of the real world, they want a warm place where nobody can hurt them. For that reason they like cuteness so much.

You need to modify your post. You making it look like I typed something VERY stupid.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:14 am Reply with quote
[quote="msgundam2"][quote="SonicRenegade84"]
Joichiro Nishi wrote:
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
msgundam2 wrote:

You need to modify your post. You making it look like I typed something VERY stupid.

Razz Sorry. I was quoting something that I thought made......well....alot of sense.

naninanino wrote:

As for the second season. It went nowhere, nothing was added to the characters, there were no stories, it did nothing with the theme, atmosphere was nil and no exploration about anything anywhere. This comes from a fan of slice of life.

And this guy knows what's up.
sonickid101

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Im not realy a fan of the show or anything, but that cover makes me smile : )
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:42 am Reply with quote
why is everyone hating on k-on. i don't find anything inappropriate with this anime.
Kyaa the Catlord

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
why is everyone hating on k-on. i don't find anything inappropriate with this anime.

They have nothing else to do that brings them joy but to try to dehumanize those they falsely feel are inferior to them. It makes them feel less insignificant.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5