• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Reminder: Kakurenbo on Adult Swim

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.Sy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:58 pm Reply with quote
For once, I actually stayed up and watched it, then rewatched some parts yesterday. The backgrounds were really beautiful, even if they were gray pictures of old buildings. I found Kakurenbo to be highly enjoyable, but too short. More charatcer development would have been nice, but...well, here's a fan begging for five extra minutes of animation. The plot was very nice, as well as the voice acting, and I'd love to hear the Japanese dub. The strange thing is, I was recently at a Halloween party, and "Hide and Seek" was jokingly suggested. Its a pity no one else watched Kakurenbo, or that would have been fun to discuss.

Besides not fully "getting" the ending of Kakurenbo, I have another nit pick about it. In the beginning, I some of the animation with the way the characters moved was a bit to smooth, but later on it seemed to get better. Well, that's probably just me getting used to it. Anywho, great short movie; I'd been looking forward to seeing how 25 minutes would work out.

One other thing: I don't know if it was really supposed to scare people (as in "eeeek" and jump at sudden scares), but the girl's voice seemed to fit the atmosphere, IMO.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3