• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Ultra Violence

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:08 pm Reply with quote
What double standards? What the hell are you talking about? If anything the media has been extremely positive towards the PS4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
khaos1019

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Letthemeatraep wrote:
Somehow it does not surprise me to see this column go out of it's way to downplay the PS4 launch based off of Gamescom while completely ignoring the fact that Microsoft were there too and managed to show or announce practically nothing while Sony announced like 20 PS4 games and is still launching with more available titles on day one than Xbox One will have in November.

Sorry go all console wars here, but the double standards on show from the American media about these machines has been frustrating to witness the past couple of months.

I don't know what "American media" you've been reading or watching, but most major gaming and entertainment sites have been extremely positive towards the PS4 announcements, while there's been a heavy amount of criticism lodged at Microsoft and the Xbox One.

Sooo, not really sure what you're trying to say here...
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:09 am Reply with quote
Brimfyre wrote:
Why was Yukari not being able to fight a low point of Persona 3?

Because blah blah sexism STRONG FEMALE CHARACTERS something? I guess. I know Todd has his feminist shtick, but this seems kind of excessive.

Todd wrote:
I hope they rebel against Ueda's sexism

This too.

Todd wrote:
high heels [are contemptible]

And this.

I'm just going to assume that Killer is Dead left Todd with a particularly sour disposition re: female characters in games this week.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BonusStage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:41 pm Reply with quote
I don't remember Yukari not being able to fight in Persona 3.. did he mean Fuuka? Yukari was your first party member I thought.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:05 pm Reply with quote
BonusStage wrote:
I don't remember Yukari not being able to fight in Persona 3.. did he mean Fuuka? Yukari was your first party member I thought.

He's referring to the very first battle in the game where Yukari freezes up out of fright and the main character has to save her.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3