• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation news from Katsucon

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVileOne

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:02 pm Reply with quote
So can anyone tell me about Rumble Hearts.

Bleach is in fantastic hands. Glad to see that Funimation got another long running series that isn't Dragon Ball.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:12 pm Reply with quote
TheVileOne wrote:
So can anyone tell me about Rumble Hearts.

http://animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=2570

It's a romance/drama. A very realistic one too. Personally, it's one of my top 10 favorite anime. It has some of my favorite music out of any anime. Minami Kuribayashi's songs are absolutely beautiful. It's often said to be overrated though, and I'm a big Kiminozo fan, so my opinion may be a bit exaggerated to some people. I still think it's a masterpiece though. I know a lot of other people love this anime too. It's been rated #1 on AnimeNfo for quite some time...

Last edited by PantsGoblin on Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:20 pm Reply with quote
TheVileOne wrote:

Bleach is in fantastic hands. Glad to see that Funimation got another long running series that isn't Dragon Ball.

They what now?
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Fronzel wrote:
I'm mildly pleased...Funimation's been doing a good job on their series for a few years now...their main problem in my opinion is licensing weak series like Burst Angel and Moon Phase.

Both of those series are love/hate series. I have yet to see a middle gound for love with these two series. Both happen to be favortes of mine.
aluria

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:03 pm Reply with quote
This news is pretty neutral for me. I have seen the first 5 episodes of Trinity Blood and found it quite boring but I am interested in seeing Kimi ga Nozomi Eien since I've heard many good things 'bout it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Maceart

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Wow. KgNE got licensed. My favorite anime series ever, a soap opera done right, is finally licensed. And it's also only on 3 DVD's too. Amazing. Just too freakin awesome.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien? That's the big licensing announcement? Lame. Real lame. Honestly, Kimi ga has to be one of the most painful, trite, dull, uninspired viewing experiences I've had in years. So generically, blandly written with such insipid, obnoxious characters that—and this coming from someone who almost always finishes a series, even if it is awful—I couldn't get very far into until I just had to stop and delete whatever episodes I had. I have tried and tried and tried, but it's beyond me how people can stand to even tolerate this show.

Honestly, with all the truly fantastic anime out there that remain unlicensed, the "big announcement" ends up being this overrated piece of crap? Yikes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Animefan16

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:52 pm Reply with quote
I agree. Personally, I can't stand most dating sim-based animes so this was dissapointing.
ACDragonMaster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien? That's the big licensing announcement? Lame. Real lame. Honestly, Kimi ga has to be one of the most painful, trite, dull, uninspired viewing experiences I've had in years. So generically, blandly written with such insipid, obnoxious characters that—and this coming from someone who almost always finishes a series, even if it is awful—I couldn't get very far into until I just had to stop and delete whatever episodes I had. I have tried and tried and tried, but it's beyond me how people can stand to even tolerate this show.

Honestly, with all the truly fantastic anime out there that remain unlicensed, the "big announcement" ends up being this overrated piece of crap? Yikes.

Frankly, I typically can't stand anime with heavily romance-oriented storylines. Kiminozo is one of the very few rare exceptions. Its characters actually seem to make a realistic effort to do things, even if their choices are stupid. And that's just how life works.

Though I've noticed that the series is one people typically either aboslutely love or completely hate, and usually for the exact same reasons.

On the other hand, as I recall it was mentioned in the other thread that someone from Funi *did* say it wasn't going to be a blockbuster, and this is big news for licensing not because of the series so much as the genre- I frankly would never have expected it licensed because of that alone, but now this indicates that other series like Air stand a chance of being picked up as well.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Animefan16 wrote:
I agree. Personally, I can't stand most dating sim-based animes so this was dissapointing.

Well, I can't do anything for you if you've seen it, but calling it bad for the sole reason that based on a renai game is a horrible reason to dislike it. Kiminozo is pretty different from most other renai game based anime (even the people who think it's horrible I think will agree with me on that).
biliano

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Interesting that Media Factory showed a change of heart and decided to give an American licensor a chance at this title. I'm curious as to how much money FUNi/Navarre had to cough up to acquire KimiNozo. I heard that Media Factory's licensing fees are among the steepest in the industry. Another thing that intrigues me is who will FUNi cast for the dub, especially the two main female characters Haruka and Mitsuki. Still, this is unexpected and wonderful news because I didn't think that a title with a limited audience and limited appeal will ever appear in the Western market (especially since Media Factory campaigned to stop the fansubbers from downloading their titles without their consent).

As for the comment of this being a "big" licensing announcement: Just remember that this is only February, and we haven't entered the meat of the convention season yet. I expect bigger anime/manga tiles/franchises to be announced at the bigger conventions like AnimeExpo and Otakucon, so keep watching, guys and gals. Cool
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:26 pm Reply with quote
So why couldn't they have spent alittle extra and picked up Air?

It (Air) also has merchandise tie-ins.

@PantsGoblin: It's (KgNE) premise was a little hard to swallow.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
I couldn't get very far into until I just had to stop and delete whatever episodes I had.

You did see past episode 2, right? If you didn't, you haven't seen Kiminozo.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:15 pm Reply with quote
TheVileOne wrote:

FUNIMATION

DID

NOT

LICENSE

BLEACH

And they aren't going to, so please stop with this.
Serge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:19 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
Nagisa wrote:
I couldn't get very far into until I just had to stop and delete whatever episodes I had.

You did see past episode 2, right? If you didn't, you haven't seen Kiminozo.

Was the Japanese Region 2 DVD Version censored? because from what I've heard is that this has sex scenes in it (So I'm assuming anything below the line will be censored/mosaiced), I ain't seen it yet, I'll probably wait for the FUNi Version, just hope it's based on the DVD Version and not TV Version, as I heard the TV Version was Edited...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8