• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Daimidaler the Sound Robot (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:19 pm Reply with quote
@ leatherhead333 - I also happen to agree with you. I've always found ANN's policy of requiring spoiler tags when discussing the latest episode of a show that has aired in its specific discussion thread to be dopey. However, some people feel strongly about this (I guess it benefits people who want to get a flavour of the show without knowing important plot points before they've seen it?) and to be a good forum citizen, I abide. Reluctantly.
kgw

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:21 am Reply with quote
If this were a manga -which it is, btw- I would spoiler[say that editors say "man, the story is good, but readers hate the main character... can we do something about it?"]

BTW, I liked episode #4, because of the parody of 70's robot stories spoiler["I fell in love with my enemy and she died". Penguin man was more likable than Koichi, though.].
Bango

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:39 pm Reply with quote
I just follow the spoiler rules to be a good forum citizen, and to not break the rules. I think you shouldn't hit forums or anything until you're up to current either but I'd always spoiler tag stuff from the most recent ep until the next most recent ep is up just in case. Really, it's more about being considerate and following the rules than actually believing in them. Marking spoilers is effortless, a nice thing to do, and with the colossal number of lurkers on here (seriously, WTF number of lurkers) it's just smarter to do it and avoid the mods kicking your butt if somebody raises a fuss about it. It's not the type of thing I'd consider to be worth rebelling against. Especially since the last place I was at had much dumber spoiler rules. Much dumber.

Ep 5 -

Wow... did that really just happen? I mean, it's a silly show so I can't take it seriously but on the other hand because it's a silly show I CAN take it seriously.

I didn't love or hate spoiler[Kouichi but he kind of ran his course so this was as good a time as any to switch perspectives. And I'd much rather this happen than plot armour save him. Also, we'll get a cooler looking robot since Daimidaler was pretty stupid looking.]

Super bonus points for spoiler[psycho Ritz].
Bango

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:23 am Reply with quote
Ep 6 -

Fantastic episode. I'm really liking the new couple, their robot looks much better and Ritz really pulled out all the stops. LOL spoiler[God Scrub]. I like mildly assertive types but I'd be scared to death if a girl was touching my front tail with that look on her face no matter how good it felt. I'd say those penguins have it good but I suppose she's living her dream too.

It's a shame that the lovebirds can't just be happy together and the penguins stay with Ritz. Then both sides would win. But the emperor has his ambitions and Kazuo isn't going to take his defeat sitting down.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:29 am Reply with quote
Still having trouble believing that spoiler[original MC is dead.]
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:48 am Reply with quote
I dropped this after ep 3, and have no intention of picking it up again, but I'm curious, how didspoiler[ Koichi die]?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Apparently, he spoiler[got blown up in the Daimidaler Type-2 robot while fighting Ritz. His last words to Kyoko were, "I really loved-- (dramatic pause) your ti--"] Laughing
Bango

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Blood, I don't believe it either. But I at least hope spoiler[he's away for the bulk of the show.]

Getchaman, spoiler[berserker Ritz robot karate chopped him. And I mean him specifically. Then the place blew up in Hi-ERO overload].

I suppose there's a chance that spoiler[he became one with the Hi-ERO stream] or some such whatza. Maybe spoiler[he's in Hi-ERO Valhalla].
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:05 pm Reply with quote
so blondie is actually a threat?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Yep. She's very protective of the penge-sans.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 6:58 am Reply with quote
I'm actually amazed at how much I'm enjoying this series now ever since "you know who" left.

This new lovey dovey couple is so cheesy but at the same time annoyingly cute. Laughing

The new tone of the sexual humor is so jarring that it somehow ends up being very humorous to me. Not to mention the new mech actually looks kind of cool now (even that crazy anime hair it has is awesome!).

I get the feeling that all of this is going to come to an abrupt end near the end of the series though which would definitely fit the style of comedy shown so far but will still make me very sad Sad
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 3:43 pm Reply with quote
I'm liking the new couple too. The administrator dude has become hilarious. spoiler["Your surprisingly large breasts aren't for nothing, Kiriko!" And his frequent observations about how annoying they are, "They should just die!"] Laughing

Ritz's occasional English exclamations are funny, too. spoiler["Jesus wept!" and "Shit!"]
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 4:00 pm Reply with quote
I hate you guys. now I actually kinda sorta want to try watching it again.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Well, you could just skip to episode 6. That way you don't have to suffer through Annoying Guy.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 4:39 pm Reply with quote
good point. though, would I be missing anything important by doing that?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5