• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Working!!/Wagnaria!! Anime Gets 3rd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Dfens wrote:
spoiler[Yachiyo and Sato finally start dating]

Nice, hope we do see that in this final season.

Dfens wrote:
When the manga ends if Souta and Popura end up together I could die happy. I'll even buy the Japanese edition to celebrate it if it happens.

As I've only seen the anime, I assume some sort of developments have happened in the manga? The impression I got from the anime is that he was never interested in her romantically, and that him thinking she is cute is merely down to his love of small things, not that he was ever attracted to her.

Popura never seemed like a romantic interest. She just came off as the girl who is kind to everyone and sees her co-workers as family.

I'm pulling for Mahiru and Souta. At least, going into season 3, I may already know the ending of the series and can prepare in case of disappointment. Laughing
TG72

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad they've taken their time with this. There was no drop-off between seasons one and two, so I'm expecting the new season to be just as good.

I get the feeling that Popura will stay involved with the restaurant somehow even after graduating (maybe returning from college to work during breaks or the occasional weekend).

It seems pretty clear that spoiler[Takanashi and Inami will end up together.]

The real question is what will happen to Yamada...
Violynne

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:15 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed this series and it's good to see a third season is coming.

Now, if only NIS would release the first season on bluray, I'd be even happier.
AJ (LordNikon)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I hope we get more Servant × Service anime since Lucy is the reason I watched it.

The manga already ended, which already means its chances are close to zero for it getting a sequel. The BD sales do not exactly improve its chances either.[/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised if there was second season. I do not recall any of the later manga chapters in the first season of SxS. It would not be the first time a manga has ended before an anime has aired.

Now, the Season three of Working is surprise considering the amount of time that passed between S1 & S2, (18 months) before S3 (more than three years).

Glad it's happening. I'm doing S2 of Working now with the anime club that I advise.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Violynne wrote:
Now, if only NIS would release the first season on bluray, I'd be even happier.

I didn't know that the 1st season hasn't gotten a BD release. Had a look for myself, and saw that s2 doesn't have a DVD release. Laughing

Strange that both seasons aren't on DVD and BD. Though, I could see season 2 eventually getting a DVD release, I do wonder if season 1 would see BD.

And now that I'm looking at the NISA store...I gotta use the Europe one if I want to buy directly from them. Seems like whatever I'd buy would end up costing me $10 more, as the shipping prices are pretty much the same, so it's all down to the conversion of the British Pound to the Aussie Dollar...

Last edited by Ali07 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Covnam

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:47 pm Reply with quote
This is great news, I hope it can follow the manga to the end Smile
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:52 pm Reply with quote
I was at the event where they announced this and it was oh-so nonchalant. Like, seriously, they announced it at the very end during the off-screen/stage narrations after the event was over. Everyone in the hall was like, "EHHHHHH???" after it was over and the announcement to clear the hall started. ^^;;

Very excited though! I was hoping that a third season would be announced at the event.
Irru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:00 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
I was at the event where they announced this and it was oh-so nonchalant. Like, seriously, they announced it at the very end during the off-screen/stage narrations after the event was over. Everyone in the hall was like, "EHHHHHH???" after it was over and the announcement to clear the hall started. ^^;;

Very excited though! I was hoping that a third season would be announced at the event.

This is what worries me. The official site still hasn't updated, I'm just afraid something was misunderstood.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:52 am Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:
First off, great news!

For those of you who read the manga, does it look like anything will actually get resolved as far as relationships go? Comedies typically end right where they began, especially with regards to romantic relationships. Does it look like anyone will actually become a couple?

A little late, but (serious spoilers below)

spoiler[
Yachiyo and Souma ARE dating. Also, in the Servant x Service drama Cd, they are putting their name in the family register, meaning they have gotten married.

Yamada and her brother have reunited, and Yamada has made up with her mother.

(Unfortunately for me) Takanashi is starting to realize his feelings for Inami

Sota's eldest sister has reconciled with her divorced, masochist husband.
]
traveling

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:42 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I hope we get more Servant × Service anime since Lucy is the reason I watched it.

I second this, but I won't get my hopes up.

I will never understand why NISA changed the title to Wagnaria!! Working!! was just fine and it's already in English. The alternative isn't even pleasant to say.
EyeOfPain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:47 am Reply with quote
traveling wrote:
I will never understand why NISA changed the title to Wagnaria!! Working!! was just fine and it's already in English. The alternative isn't even pleasant to say.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118517/
traveling

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:29 am Reply with quote
EyeOfPain wrote:

I wouldn't think that would be an issue, but wouldn't the exclamation marks at the end make the difference anyway?
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:38 am Reply with quote
Maybe in writing, but it's still similar enough that the rightsholder could sue and it wouldn't be an open-and-shut case, which means it'd get expensive tout de suite.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:31 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
spoiler[(Unfortunately for me) Takanashi is starting to realize his feelings for Inami]

I'm happy with that (not the "unfortunately for me" part)! Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3