• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Luci Christian Joins Super Sonico English Dub Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:26 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Well that sounds pretty good

definitely more so. also its good that christian is still around.

considering that the last time i heard of an announcement where she was voicing a character was during the dub casting for infinite stratos back in 2011-2012 when she was chosen to voice ichika's tomboy sister chifuyu.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bs3311

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:55 pm Reply with quote
yurigasaki wrote:

Their history of being a terrible studio. Not that they're the worst studio in history, but that they have an established reputation of putting out low-quality products.

Seriously, bub, work on that reading comprehension.

Toots, terrible means, "extremely bad or serious." Thats already up to the top in the hate train. People don't use terrible and worst in similarity. People don't give Central Park media flack, nor ADV, just Sentai Filmworks.

Quote:

Other companies producing low quality products does not in any way take away from the fact that Sentai consistently put out low quality products and employ extremely shady business tactics.

I already gave points of Sentai being bad, so how am I taking away from them? They ALL have faults, I find Sentai better though.

Quote:

also are you really going to tell me that making a dirty joke is 'against the content of the show' but a dress that melts when you sweat and leaves you buck-ass naked on stage isn't? Or what about the episode where Sonico takes part in a sentai show with a main gimmick of cute girls being harassed by tentacle monsters, which we actually see happen, with close ups of her boobs and the squid costume's tentacles? Or the episode where Suzu buys Sonico a revealing swimsuit that shows a bunch of ass cleavage as the camera slowly zooms in on her wiggling butt? okay chuckie egg, you do you.

Nothing is shown, no cloths are revealed to show nipple-less bodies. Thats teasing. So is Suzu, a tease. The rest of the show is boring slice of life. A user on her already gave the middle finger on this show for not going full on fanservice or horny with evertying since the stinken character is a sex object.

Quote:
Like, I like SoniAni and I was extremely pleasantly surprised by how un-trashy it was compared to what it could have been but you seriously can't tell me that the climax joke is somehow wildly against the tone of the show.

The trashiest of trash can do stuff like that, DxD, Heavens Lost property, Samurai Girls and Quaser no Stigmata. Because those demographics and content fit the show. Sonico is an idol, and a handful of times those fanservice moments are stopped by her manager. Suzu aint even an interesting character. Just another wack job.

Quote:

I shouldn't have to.

Of course, just like PenguinTruth says. But you gave an example of what to do. Defining that your decision in the directing chair would fix this.

Quote:

That's just like, your opinion bro.
You can't say "no english person would ever make this joke", especially since I have plenty of friends who've made basically the same kind of joke while I've been talking to them like, in real life. From their actual mouths.

We are at an impass then. So from all the BS you keep bringing to try and make yourself look better, I say you and I know where the dial has turned to. Which area? which lifestyle? gimme some hints. My friends are middle to low class on the north side of america, area has to do with certain dialogue being considered awkward or plausible.

Quote:

I'm going to assume by this that you did... not hear about the massive clusterfuck Sentai caused themselves when it came to the P4A dub because ohhhhhhhh boyyyyyyy

Sentai told that they called bangzoom about it to tell them to the actors before the announcement. Once again an LA problem. This is nothing compared to Funimation releasing BD's before they even hit japan.

Quote:

son do you even know who you're talking to i have been ass deep in persona 4 since it came out in english do not even with this

Oh I haven't since you gave not hint of such. And I will since your just orgasming over a game with shitty balance of tension and comedy.

Quote:
The original instance of Persona 4 was rated T and had swearing yes - extremely minimal, mild swearing. Off the top of my head, I know Yosuke says "crap" and "shit" a few times, as does Kanji, who along with Rise, refers to the culprit as a "bastard" once or twice, and the culprit himself says "shit" and "bitch" once or twice.

The rating systems for gaming and anime are very different things. What was the P4 air times? The content? everything....

The main cast was a bunch of teenage children, last I checked real life teens love to cuss like motorboats. Just like Angel Beats.

Quote:
Also, fun fact, but I never said the overuse of cussing ruined tension, I said the addition of stupid lines (like the aforementioned 'holy hard nipples' seriously w h at) did. But, y'know, keep at it.

Turn the page ol chap, your just reading the prolouge.

Quote:
tell me

After you actually tell me the episode and time segment where the scene is being placed. Penguindrum was a dub and show I gave up on episode 6.

Quote:

what exactly does that have to do with people forming negative opinions about something?

Because no matter how BS something is, when majority of the population believe in it. It develops peer pressure for people to just shut up and hop in the wagon, adding more to agree with little criticism.

When I say Sentai is better than say Viz or Funi, I get trashed for it. Because the common belief was that these two companies were better than Sentai because either some canadian or proto nostalgia chick reviewer said so, or they are following nostalgia. Yet I give criticism though when Sentai does some crap, certain dubs, QC, even licenses.

Quote:

There's this little thing called "gleaning from context" that you should try out sometime, man, I'm sure you'd have a blast.

There's this thing called, "reading to much into shit." And you got a bad case of it in your brain, mind if I shock it?

Quote:

At the time of writing, Stephanie Sheh is an already established voice actress, who has plenty of previous experience in the industry.
... Sonico is a young woman. She has also had a previous role - as I already said - as Himari from Penguindrum who is neither 'kuudere' or a 'loli'

Not in musical or radio work. Go ask Michael from The Ohio Anime Guys.

Sonico is a ditz who is a teenager.

Quote:

thaaaaaaaat's not what 'expect nothing' means but again. nice try. good on you.

You do know I gave you a verbal example to help with your lack of not paying attention right?

Quote:

yyyeaaaahhh sorry honey boo, but I'm a girl. Take that condescending shit elsewhere.

Well lets take you to get a sex swap then and give you a look that emphasizes your true nature? Cool

How bout start on some childish forums that are up your alley newbie.
yurigasaki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:17 pm Reply with quote
bs3311 wrote:
Toots, terrible means, "extremely bad or serious." Thats already up to the top in the hate train. People don't use terrible and worst in similarity. People don't give Central Park media flack, nor ADV, just Sentai Filmworks.

I have no idea where on the internet you're doing your polling but I have heard people those companies plenty of shit. I've heard people complaining about literally every single anime dubbing company under the sun for one reason or another.

"Terrible" is not synonymous with "the worst ever of every other thing we could possibly compare it to" no matter how far you reach.

Quote:
I already gave points of Sentai being bad, so how am I taking away from them? They ALL have faults, I find Sentai better though.

Because you're basically saying "Sentai is bad BUT ALSO THESE COMPANIES ARE BAD" which to me reads like you're trying to tell me that I can't complain about Sentai because other companies also sometimes produce wonky works?

Like if that's not what you're trying to say, I apologize for parsing your words wrong but I'm kind of confused as to what you mean here.

Quote:
Because those demographics and content fit the show. Sonico is an idol, and a handful of times those fanservice moments are stopped by her manager.

I kind of want to ask you what you think the Super Sonico demographic is because trust me, if you think the climax joke is the trashiest thing to come out this franchise then I'd like to direct you to the Super Sonico list on myfigurecollection and show you some of the merch that gets made of her.

Quote:
But you gave an example of what to do. Defining that your decision in the directing chair would fix this.

Fair enough. If you're really that stuck on me doing this, I could rough out a script when I have a little more time.

Quote:
Which area? which lifestyle? gimme some hints.

Middle to working class British kids living in the North-West of England, for those I've heard make those jokes irl. As for online... fudge if I know. I'd say a majority of Canadians, a couple of Americans, but I can't be more specific than that since I'm not 100% sure on whereabouts everyone is.

Quote:
Sentai told that they called bangzoom about it to tell them to the actors before the announcement.

Actually, Sentai publicly announced that they had all the original cast from the original game signed up for the dub. When people started tweeting the voice actors in question, saying how excited they were, the voice actors all said they had no idea what was going on and that they had never even been contacted.

Sentai continued to insist they had, even as all the voice actors spoke up to deny it and everything went to shit. I'm not 100% sure who it was... I think it was Yukiko's VA but don't quote me, said it was "the biggest clusterfuck [they'd] ever seen" and that with how shady Sentai had been they were going to have to pull some major strings to fix it.

I guess they must've thrown a lot of money around or something because they did eventually get a majority of the cast on board but it was seriously disgusting.

Quote:
Oh I haven't since you gave not hint of such. And I will since your just orgasming over a game with shitty balance of tension and comedy.

Translation: "I have no way of refuting any of your points on this topic and so I will resort to childish rhetoric and immature insults to try and make it seem like I have the upper hand"

Quote:
The main cast was a bunch of teenage children, last I checked real life teens love to cuss like motorboats. Just like Angel Beats.

Real life Japanese teenagers don't, though. And there wasn't a ton of swearing in the localization of the games, because it wouldn't be in character for everyone to be cussing like sailors. If you're going to be dubbing an anime while making a point of drawing on an already existing localization of previous media, the least you can do is try and match the tone.

Quote:
When I say Sentai is better than say Viz or Funi, I get trashed for it

So basically you're butthurt that people disagree with you, so you spout the rhetoric that everyone that dislikes Sentai is just a mindless sheeple going along with the peer pressure of society. Okie dokie then.

Quote:
Not in musical or radio work. Go ask Michael from The Ohio Anime Guys.

what the fudge does musical or radio work have to do with her being an experienced voice actress

Quote:
Well lets take you to get a sex swap then and give you a look that emphasizes your true nature? Cool

... what... is this even supposed to mean

am i supposed to be insulted by this or something?? because i'm genuinely just confused right now. is this meant to be a crack that i'm not girlish, that i cuss too much, that i'm rude. like. whhhh
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:22 pm Reply with quote
are you two going to do this all day?
yurigasaki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:23 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
are you two going to do this all day?

i have a day off and i just finished the show i was marathoning what else am i supposed to do on a tuesday evening :V
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:26 pm Reply with quote
bs3311 and yurigasaki,

If you wish to continue this discussion, do so via private messages. Any further posts here will be deleted.

And, particularly bs3311, your belligerence is on a one way trip to moderation. Keep it nice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:32 pm Reply with quote
[Edit]: please don't address people who have been warned off. It's asking for trouble. Errinundra.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3