• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Beauty & The Beast Couples

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:40 pm Reply with quote
After watching World Trigger's latest episode (#49), I think that it shouldn't be included in the Poll as a show that ended, because the new "series" Toei announced was synonymous to "season," like in U.K.'s TV shows. The show's still named World Trigger, without a subtitle, in the OP and in the official site.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:54 pm Reply with quote
"As though we were made for each other... Beauty and the Beast. Of course, if anyone else calls you beast, I'll rip their lungs out."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
gpanthony

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:03 pm Reply with quote
YotaruVegeta wrote:
"As though we were made for each other... Beauty and the Beast. Of course, if anyone else calls you beast, I'll rip their lungs out."

Take thy beak from out my heart.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Mikeski wrote:
Male "beauties" and female "beasts"? The females lean towards physically cute, this being anime and all, but...
any monster-girl/youkai-girl show (Rosario, Monster Musume, etc.)
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia...
Eureka Seven?
Engaged to the Unidentified....
I think MM by definition but "darling" is not pretty enough. (with playful indignation) How dare you suggest Yuuko-san and Eureka are beasts?? Even Shadow-Yuuko is a sensitive, caring person, maybe too sensitive since she hurts so much. Hakuya is just awkward. I'll vote InuYasha as a conspicuously missing choice. Actually the reverse B&B is hard...While manga, for Yuri, how about Murceilago's Kuroko and Hinako?
m0x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:36 am Reply with quote
I wonder if Holo and Lawrence from Spice & Wolf count. Reversed from the traditional beauty and the beast roles.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:35 pm Reply with quote
I realised that I didn't explain why I said that Kei and Zakuro from Otome Yokai Zakuro could be a beauty and the beast couple. They'd also be a "reversed" version.

Zakuro is half yokai, starts off disliking humans, and is a demon fighter. She also has moments when she is shown to be extremely powerful, and a bit more vicious, in later episodes.

Kei is clearly a bishi, he's also a bit of a wuss when it comes to yokai (he's afraid of this little girl). And, at the end of it all, it is he who softens Zakuro's heart.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:34 am Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
How about a MALE Beauty and a FEMALE Beast relationship? Anyone know any examples of that? Just curious Razz

The Wallflower (that is it's English title not sure of the Japanese one), is about a girl that is hideous and her aunt owning a apartment with gorgeous boys offers them free rent for a year if they "fix" her up. If that counts then there is one.
Exalted Incarnate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:
Raebo101 wrote:
How about a MALE Beauty and a FEMALE Beast relationship? Anyone know any examples of that? Just curious Razz

The Wallflower (that is it's English title not sure of the Japanese one), is about a girl that is hideous and her aunt owning a apartment with gorgeous boys offers them free rent for a year if they "fix" her up. If that counts then there is one.

Apartment? I thought it was an mansion?
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:57 pm Reply with quote
@Rinkwolf

The girl in The Wallflower is not hideous. She just doesn't care about her appearance. On several occasions she cleans up nicely.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Being a beast doesn't have to mean that you're ugly. It can mean that you aren't accepted by society, or a segment of society.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3