• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Hero Academia TV Anime Adaptation Confirmed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:25 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
DontmesswithKarma wrote:
Anime art style looks very very much like the work of Bones or Lerche rather than the other studios associated with Toho. I love Bones, thought how they did Sensen was amazing.

Where are you seeing it? I tried looking at the website but it's just a list of URLs, and the Twitter post doesn't have any images of the anime.

The picture on the cover of WSJ that can be seen on the right of the article is not done by Horikoushi at all. The way he does colour is completely different, even the colour palettes are different. Izuku(the mc) also looks slightly different to that of how Horikoushi draws him, as well as a few others, in particular Uraraka look different to how Horikoushi draws and colours them, therefore i came up with the conclusion that this was most likely done by the character designer for the anime. Also the way "My Hero Academia" is writing is not the series' typical logo, so i think that's the anime logo also. Of course its just the assumption, but when both colour palette's and art style are different than usual, I doubt that its just Horikoushi having a bad day. (if ya get me?)
Nakurawari

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:34 pm Reply with quote
DontmesswithKarma wrote:

The picture on the cover of WSJ that can be seen on the right of the article is not done by Horikoushi at all. The way he does colour is completely different, even the colour palettes are different. Izuku(the mc) also looks slightly different to that of how Horikoushi draws him, as well as a few others, in particular Uraraka look different to how Horikoushi draws and colours them, therefore i came up with the conclusion that this was most likely done by the character designer for the anime. Also the way "My Hero Academia" is writing is not the series' typical logo, so i think that's the anime logo also. Of course its just the assumption, but when both colour palette's and art style are different than usual, I doubt that its just Horikoushi having a bad day. (if ya get me?)

You might have a point there. Although the image is too small for me to jump to any conclusions. Any one know where to find the full image? Anyways, I've heard people say before that the colour pages of My Hero Academia look like they come from anime art, sooo I'm not sure.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:36 pm Reply with quote
DontmesswithKarma wrote:

I think he's trying a different artstyle.

No way that that is the anime artstyle unless theyre going for some CG'ish type thing.

{Please don't over-quote. Thanks. ~ Psycho 101}
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:37 pm Reply with quote
bigivel wrote:
DontmesswithKarma wrote:

They've only distributed the movies though they didn't go near the tv anime. only tv anime series they've distributed (of recent years) are -

Detective Conan
Attack on Titan
Psycho Pass
Haikyuu
Assassination Classroom
Blue Spring Ride
Yowamushi Pedal
Akame Ga Kill
Kekkai Sensen

Detective Conan is only the movies!
Attack on Titan is only the live-action movies!
Assassination Classroom is only the live-action movie!

From Studio Pierrot they distributed Midori Days and Kimigakure Orange Road TV anime. So Pierrot is still a possibility.

Also to note that we only have confirmation of Toho Ads working in the anime as advertisement, I don't know why everybody is already so sure that Toho is already in as a distributor.
As an example we have the Anpanman movie, Soreike! Anpanman Yomigaere Bananajima, that was advertised by Toho Ads, but didn't had any Toho distribution, instead it was distributed by VAP.

Sorry sorry that was a bad interpetation of reading my bad, thanks for clarifying. Still stands that TMS, Bones and I.G. are a big possibility though. TMS have a super long history with Toho too.
As for the stuff about Toho ad you got a very fair assumption there, only that the last (recorded from what i could find) time they worked together was on Saint Seiya the lost canvas in 2011-2012. After that they've only worked with Toho itself with distribution as far as i can see with tv anime at least, but i could be overlooking things as i only had time to briefly look at it. But still even if VAP distributes, TMS is still a major possibility since they've done Anpanman, Lost Canvas, and LupinIII in the way you've mentioned
Яeverse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Just look at the chapter 9 color page.
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:

TMS is alright, I guess but I' can't recall seeing any real action-y stuff from them.

They've done a few but not many. However I do think this is a big possibility for them.
They may, if asked, do long running too which would be awesome as they are in my opinion the best at long running (as in proper long running, fillers, movies, the whole shabang). They are really really really really good at filler and keeping a consistant 'good' animation quality
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Nakurawari wrote:
DontmesswithKarma wrote:

You might have a point there. Although the image is too small for me to jump to any conclusions. Any one know where to find the full image? Anyways, I've heard people say before that the colour pages of My Hero Academia look like they come from anime art, sooo I'm not sure.

I've seen the full size image (you can find it pretty easily on tumblr, which is the only good thing about that s-*off topic*) but I think that's Horikoshi using a different medium. Sometimes I can tell when he drew something digitally or when he actually uses things like...paint? those don't look like markers, I'm not quite sure on that... It could also be a different setting he's using and he's still made it digitally but I can recognize that has him.

It does look slightly different but that's because a few details were added (or subtracted) to give them more form, like Deku's lower lip, the style of shading, etc. I can agree if looks off and this wouldn't be the first time (that one color page with the female characters has really odd pink/purpule ish hue that's kind of distracting) but I'm positive that was him.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Has a JUMP cover ever used anime art?
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:15 pm Reply with quote
{Edit: We don't allow linking to scanlation sites here. Thanks. ~ Psycho 101}
kevinx59

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:17 pm Reply with quote
DontmesswithKarma wrote:
There's only 6 studios that work with Toho -
TMS
I.G.
A-1
White Fox
Bones
Lerche
You forgot Hoods (Fantasista Doll), Dogakobo (Majestic Prince and Natsuyuki Rendezvous), Studio Deen and Silver Link (Chaos Dragon, though I'm guessing most people want to forget about it). And Toho actually does have a connection with Lerche that people are forgetting about: Monster Musume. And like someone said earlier, just because a studio hasn't worked with Toho doesn't mean they won't in the future. A-1 worked with Warner Bros. for the first time on GATE. 8-bit is unfortunately working with Aniplex for the first time on Rewrite (a shame too as I like the staff, but that's beside the point). We'll just have to wait and see for this series. (I don't know anything about it or have any interest, although if Madhouse does it I may check it out.)
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
Just look at the chapter 9 color page.

Different colours to the front page again tho. Izuku and Bokagou's hair is also done very differently (especially izuku's)
Nakurawari

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:20 pm Reply with quote
I think that is Horikoshi's artwork actually. The colour palette is indeed a bit different, but everything else to me looks pretty much like his art style. Sometimes he colours his colour pages differently(it's very similar to how Tokyo Ghoul looks with it's colour pages at times. He always seems to be varying it up.

{Please don't over-quote. Thanks. ~ Psycho 101}
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:31 pm Reply with quote
{Edit: Three things: First and foremost we don't allow links to scanlation sites or fansub sites here. Secondly please don't make multiple consecutive posts in a row when you ca post everything in 1 post. It just clutters things up. Third please watch the excessive quoting. You had 4 big quotes within your post and only made a 1 sentence response. Again, it's a big eyesore/clutters things up. You should probably just go ahead and read our rules altogether. Thanks. ~ Psycho 101}
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure the cover image was drawn on computer while the other color pages were regularly hand-drawn. There's no way that's official anime artwork, the shading of the faces is 100% not anime
Jajanken

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:44 pm Reply with quote
DontmesswithKarma wrote:
Anime art style looks very very much like the work of Bones or Lerche rather than the other studios associated with Toho. I love Bones, thought how they did Sensen was amazing.
thats kouhei's art genius...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5