• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toriko Gourmet Battle Manga Heads Toward 'Climax' on November 14

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:20 am Reply with quote
redranger wrote:
Torino isn't very good. In fact I'd go so far as calling it terrible. Its removal from WSJ will hopefully give promised Neverland and red sprite some breathing room.
Toriko was ok as a manga but terrible as an anime, the problem is Jump tried to push it instead of gaining the popularity on it's own and it didn't work out
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:15 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
redranger wrote:
Torino isn't very good. In fact I'd go so far as calling it terrible. Its removal from WSJ will hopefully give promised Neverland and red sprite some breathing room.
Toriko was ok as a manga but terrible as an anime, the problem is Jump tried to push it instead of gaining the popularity on it's own and it didn't work out

SUBJECTIVE! It´s a case of being for different audiences. If the audience in the end gets the memo that "this world is brutal" without being R Rated, it did its job. The worse that could happen is not being a battle shounen and more of an adventure comedy with food. In that regard, TOEI did a good job at maintaining it as a brutal battle shounen with food. Stop saying the anime is bad for everyone. It did it´s job at delivering good moments despite the damage. I think it´s well suited for both R and PG.

And stop dreaming about reboots. For things like that people say otakus are the worst. We are dreaming too much with the reboot thing. Be more open minded. That thing of #animevsmanga just proves that some people are so selfish that they don´t let enjoy others the adaptation. Even as it is, I recommend it to both R and PG fans. It´s not an offense, it´s being conscious
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:43 pm Reply with quote
ichii_1 wrote:
Climax is not necessarily the End, see assclass.

It's not necessarily the end, but anyone following the manga can see that it's pretty obvious there isn't much story left spoiler[considering Toriko has defeated Acacia and Neo].

WANNFH wrote:
So at last all of the Jump series from 00's coming to the end. New era of WSJ is close.

Ironically, the 90's has yet to completely go out, as One Piece is still chugging along and shows no signs of stopping.

Wait a minute, isn't Hunter X Hunter from the 2000's too? I kind of forgot about that, considering how rarely it's ever in the magazine.

EighteenSky wrote:
If Bleach fans think they had it rough Mitsutoshi had to skip about 2 years worth of content easy to wrap it up. So many key, crucial parts done off screen which is disappointing. The Pair arc was the last well paced one we got. The other 8 kings got nowt but a bit of teasing and feat showing.

I don't know about that...Tite Kubo likes to filibuster, so I suspect that, had the guys up top left him alone, Kubo would have kept Bleach going and going for as long as his arms would continue to function. Mitsutosho Shimabukuro had plans on when he would end. Then again, perhaps that WOULD be worse, to cut it short with a planned ending than to cut a series short that would've gone on for as long as the editors were willing to put up with.
Encore22

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:45 pm Reply with quote
SkerllyF wrote:
theNightster wrote:
redranger wrote:

SUBJECTIVE! It´s a case of being for different audiences. If the audience in the end gets the memo that "this world is brutal" without being R Rated, it did its job. The worse that could happen is not being a battle shounen and more of an adventure comedy with food. In that regard, TOEI did a good job at maintaining it as a brutal battle shounen with food. Stop saying the anime is bad for everyone. It did it´s job at delivering good moments despite the damage. I think it´s well suited for both R and PG.

And stop dreaming about reboots. For things like that people say otakus are the worst. We are dreaming too much with the reboot thing. Be more open minded. That thing of #animevsmanga just proves that some people are so selfish that they don´t let enjoy others the adaptation. Even as it is, I recommend it to both R and PG fans. It´s not an offense, it´s being conscious

Let's be real here, the anime sucked donkey balls.
There were however an one shot made by Madhouse, a long time ago, which was awesome, Toriko had some potential to be a good anime, however, that will never happend now.
And honestly, there are series that deserve a proper anime more. LIke Kingdom.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3