• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ryu Fujisaki's Hoshin Engi Manga Gets New TV Anime With New Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ziko577

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:35 pm Reply with quote
AliceTheHare wrote:
Wow, I didn't expect this to get a remake. I guess we can call this a trend now, first with Ushio & Tora and now with Hoshin Engi. What will be next for this 90s Shonen remake train? 3x3 Eyes or Flame of Recca? I'd be happy with either or both.

There was an interview from an insider in the industry that said that sequels and remakes of older manga and anime are gonna be the trend going forward because of the dwindling pool of talent and lack of creativity. Pretty much, the anime industry is going the way of Hollywood and TV and just remaking shit for the hell of it. This explains why a lot of decade old or older series are now seeing continuations, reboots, and re-imaginings.
Black Turtle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:54 am Reply with quote
Well, that comes out of nowhere, and that's cool to be fair.

mangaka-chan wrote:
Yeah that's my main concern with a new anime adaptation for HE. The manga is 20+ volumes long, and to adapt it faithfully the studio would need three seasons, if not more, to cover it all.

Ushio no Tora was adapted in 2, and is 34 volumes long. with a good pace, Hoshin can be adapted un about 50 to 60 episode, Depending of the story arc, you can easily adapt 1/3 to a half of a volume with 1 episode. I just checked here and there the stories, it would work.

Ziko577 wrote:
There was an interview from an insider in the industry that said that sequels and remakes of older manga and anime are gonna be the trend going forward because of the dwindling pool of talent and lack of creativity. Pretty much, the anime industry is going the way of Hollywood and TV and just remaking shit for the hell of it. This explains why a lot of decade old or older series are now seeing continuations, reboots, and re-imaginings.

I'm fine with that, as long as they chose good series. To be fair, except the very long running, good action shows were lacking. same goes for sci-fi show. The only show that I'm really waiting is the tv version of yamato 2202. Most of the thing that took my interest are remake/reboots...
I just hope the next to be picked for remake will be DraQue : dai no daibokken, that only got 9 and 1/2 volume adapted back then and deserve a full adaptation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3