• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ascendance of a Bookworm TV Anime Gets 3rd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuroi Ren

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:19 pm Reply with quote
AnimeFlyz wrote:
Quote:
Didn't help that 90% of it was just a bunch of pro-child labor BS

Did we watch the same show? You do know children start work at a very young age right? The orphans were literally left to rot in their own filth with barely any food. Myne cleaned the place up, and gave them jobs so they could work and earn better conditions. Those jobs taught them skills they could use for the rest of their lives. Dont know why you are trying to frame this part of the story as a negative.

Exactly
Some people like to act as "virtuous" heroes and judge everything by their own selfish 21st century standards. No point in trying to correct them

It's basically the same ilk as those that complained about Shield Hero because it had slaves in it
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Cool! As much as I liked both seasons, I’ve been enjoying this series more consistently with the second season and I look forward to seeing more soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3