• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saga of Tanya the Evil Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:34 pm Reply with quote
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thedarkemissary

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Awesome news! Now, I wonder if ANN reviewers will actually give S2 a chance instead of panning it on arrival like last time (except Theron: the enlightened one).
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:09 am Reply with quote
HELL YES!
Dfens

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:41 am Reply with quote
I don't what WANNFH was talking about but volume 3 was adapted it pretty much covers the last few episodes of the 1st season. I had to go back and check since it's been awhile since I read the novels.

The only real complaint when comparing the novels to the manga and anime versions that they don't spend a lot of time or go into too many details when there is a battle or combat. Their is still action to be read but not on the level of it's counterparts.

Now the manga follows the novels to a T but because all the details in the battles the novels lack it takes forever to draw and each chapter is like 60 pages. So even though the manga has been going on for years now it's barely just got to the ending of season 1.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:51 am Reply with quote
Having stared intently at the new artwork for some minutes, that face says "Tiny Hitler" to me...hope, hope, hope...
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:09 am Reply with quote
Dfens wrote:
I don't what WANNFH was talking about but volume 3 was adapted it pretty much covers the last few episodes of the 1st season. I had to go back and check since it's been awhile since I read the novels.
It's actually adapted it very loosely and skipped more than the half of the novel replacing it with original material, spoiler[including the whole join of Tanya squad to the Southern Campaign and first meeting with Rommel] - so no, it's actually true.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:30 am Reply with quote
Dfens wrote:
Blood- as for the light novels the first season and movie cover you'll have to read the first 4 books. But the light novels are a little different and omit certain things they added to the Anime but they definitely worth reading even though they take forever to release them at a rate of 3 books a year if you lucky now it's every 6 months.

Thanks for the info, Dfens! I'm not a huge LN reader but I have read the first two Tanya volumes and quite enjoyed them. As an anime first type, I prefer to watch the adaptation first and read later. Now I know how far I can read without going past the adaptations.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:46 pm Reply with quote
xerox-guy wrote:
Why did they skip adapting volume 3?

Most of vol 3 was covered in the series and like the last chapter was covered at the beginning of the movie along with volume 4. The movie isn't loosely based on volume 4 it was just rewritten for the sake of time (it had different events that happen separately in the book combined to take place at the same time in the movie) but all the same plot points was hit correctly and accurately. The tv series was a bit different than the books as well but still accurate.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Well I loved the anime of season one! Enjoyed the heck out of the movie in theaters in the US! Look forward to season 2! Haeckel yea!
Fluwm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:21 am Reply with quote
Good news! This is definitely one of those properties that works best as an anime. The LNs are just... extremely bad.
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:17 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Dfens wrote:
Blood- as for the light novels the first season and movie cover you'll have to read the first 4 books. But the light novels are a little different and omit certain things they added to the Anime but they definitely worth reading even though they take forever to release them at a rate of 3 books a year if you lucky now it's every 6 months.
Except the first season only adapted volumes 1 and 2, and the movie is only very loosely based on volume 4 - so considering the adaptation speed, the second season can cover exactly the same volumes 5-7 that are already translated by YP.

What are you talking about? The 1st Season adapted like 80% of Volume 3, and the first 15 minutes of the movie adapted the rest before jumping into Volume 4 content. And the movie changed things from Volume 4 to have anime original scenes.

Season 2 would need to start from Volume 4 adapting those skipped scenes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3