• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nisekoi (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:08 pm Reply with quote
The magical girl aspects of the episode were funny, it felt like a bunch of omake strung together. Some specific references seemed to be towards another of SHAFT's anime, Magical Girl Madoka Magica.

What I took from the second half was a building hatred for Haru. I don't think that she has yet admitted that she has been wrong about anything and looks stuck in her own little world.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:41 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 9:

Pool cleaning episode. spoiler[Some spotlight for all the girls. I thought the funniest bits were with Paula since she cant' swim lol. Second half involved more Haru aggression. I felt bad for Raku again for getting involved. However, it's nice to see how much she cares about her sister.]

Well seems like Haru is warming up to Raku a bit now though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:06 am Reply with quote
The cast forced to clean the pool giving the excuse for them to be in swimsuits and only them in the pool, and love interest sick which means the main character gets to go to their place and spout the usual get in bed and stuff. Those certainly are not two of the biggest anime harem clichés with nary a shred of creativity.

We even got the "character who looks capable cannot actually swim" trope, and of course it is the professional assassin who logically should have been trained in it. The show just needs to make these female hitman actually have blatant weaknesses so they can be feminine.

Also, the show also did not totally miss to show us he found out that the sister had his pendent which would be a necessary part for this development that we were left off of before, making the sudden mention here kind of confusing.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:06 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Also, the show also did not totally miss to show us he found out that the sister had his pendent which would be a necessary part for this development that we were left off of before, making the sudden mention here kind of confusing.

I thought I remembered them showing that, but I guess I was just remembering the manga since it happened in the volume Viz just released. The chapters being adapted have been jumping all over the place so apparently it got lost in the shuffle. Nice going, SHAFT. You had one job.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:26 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 10:

Finally, Shu gets more screen time. And Ruri too. This episode mainly focused on him and the "romantic drama" going on in his life at school. Tsugumi brings in some of the comedy into this week as well.

Seriously though, I think Shu needed more screen time. Better late than never.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:19 pm Reply with quote
So now that Kyoko is gone will Shu start making advances towards Ruri? Maybe it'll be the other way around. Needs to happen though.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11:

And to think, there are actually people who hate Kosaki for some reason.

It's weird how they keep making references to chapters they didn't animate (he made konnyaku for Kosaki once, but it's the only food she actively hates). This jumping around has been problematic before, but perhaps it makes others want to read the manga?

Diet drama is a staple for this kind of title, but I really like how Raku puts an end to it with a completely innocent and genuine comment without even knowing what the issue was. Probably my 2nd favourite resolution to that kind of plotline (the first being To Love Ru, where Oshizu, ghost of famine stricken Japan, is horrified by the other girls purposely not eating).

Regarding the 2nd half, her love is so pure and true. Her and Raku are just so adorable together.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
And to think, there are actually people who hate Kosaki for some reason.

A lot of us female Nisekoi fans (yes, there are some) hate her because she's a badly written moeblob whom Komi was so focused on making the "perfect waifu" that he forgot to give her a personality. So for men, she's "moe fanservice" and nothing else.
Understand that it's hard for the opposite sex to like a character like that.....the same way it's hard for guys to like a male "fanservice" character pandered to female fans.

Besides, she's a friggin doormat.

I think that's my biggest reason. I hate weak-willed girls. That's all.

I've explained it so many times.....is it that hard to understand, bro? :'D

Quote:
Her and Raku are just so adorable together.

Geeze, they make me gag. I'm so sick of their wishy-washy BS.

Quote:

Oh thank goodness. I thought I was going insane. Anime hyper But yeah, I read the manga and remembered it happened so....
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
A lot of us female Nisekoi fans (yes, there are some) hate her because she's a badly written moeblob whom Komi was so focused on making the "perfect waifu" that he forgot to give her a personality.

Wait, did I miss a memo? Since when was being kind and caring not considered a personality trait? Her tendency to lack a spine at times is also an aspect of her personality.

Chiibi wrote:
I hate weak-willed girls. That's all.

Because dedicating herself to bettering her grades to get into a school normally beyond her means is what a weak willed person does, right?

Chiibi wrote:
I've explained it so many times.....is it that hard to understand, bro? :'D

I know, I just couldn't resist making a playful jab at how wrong you are Razz
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Wait, did I miss a memo? Since when was being kind and caring not considered a personality trait?

All the freaking girls have kind, caring sides to them.
But they also have other traits and that gives them more rounded personalities. Onodera doesn't.....besides being dense, and airheaded, and clumsy. I swear to God, she's denser than Raku. But there's really nothing special at all about her. She's as interesting as a blade of grass.

Quote:
Because dedicating herself to bettering her grades to get into a school normally beyond her means is what a weak willed person does, right?

SHE IS WEAK. SHE IS A COWARD
You have read the manga, right? People go out of their way for her, waste their time pushing her forward, even spoiler[sacrifice their own feelings] for her AND SHE DOES NOTHING TO HELP HERSELF.

She's a push-over!! You could walk atop of her like a piece of new carpet if you wanted!

And the ChitogexRakuxOnodera triangle?

I can see it coming a mile away. When she finds out Chitoge likes him, she's gonna step aside and let her have him. I don't think she has an ounce of self-respect for herself. How am I supposed to root for a character like that?!

Quote:
I know, I just couldn't resist making a playful jab at how wrong you are Razz

I'm not wrong. You really like her so I don't think you can see these problems she has.....or you like her so much that you just don't mind. (and yeah, I have characters like that too)
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:43 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure how I feel about this week's episode. Onodera is cute and all but the first part just felt a bit too silly.

Good for Onodera fans though. I'm neutral on her character although I do find her chemistry with Raku for this week's episode to be charming. One more episode left...I wonder if we will get another season in the future.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Wait, WHAT!?

It's not going to be nearly two-cour like last time!?

NO WAY!! That freaking sucks!!! DX I thought we were getting 20 episodes again!!
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:50 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
But they also have other traits and that gives them more rounded personalities. Onodera doesn't.....besides being dense, and airheaded, and clumsy.

"Kosaki doesn't have any other traits... except several others I'll list!" Laughing

I get that you don't like her personality, but that's different from her having no personality.

Chiibi wrote:
SHE IS WEAK. SHE IS A COWARD
You have read the manga, right? People go out of their way for her, waste their time pushing her forward, even spoiler[sacrifice their own feelings] for her AND SHE DOES NOTHING TO HELP HERSELF.

But that's true of all the girls. Except Marika. Chitoge and Tsugumi can bench press a car, sure, but physical strength alone doesn't make you strong.

So yeah, Marika best girl.

Chiibi wrote:
She's a push-over!! You could walk atop of her like a piece of new carpet if you wanted!

She's an accomodating person who puts the needs of others over her own. Raku is much the same way, which is why everyone likes him.

Chiibi wrote:
And the ChitogexRakuxOnodera triangle?

I can see it coming a mile away. When she finds out Chitoge likes him, she's gonna step aside and let her have him. I don't think she has an ounce of self-respect for herself. How am I supposed to root for a character like that?!

Giving up her own happiness for the sake of a friend's, and you wouldn't find that admirable? It's not like her backing away would be easy, in fact it would probably be the hardest thing she's ever done. And she'd still do it because that's the kind of person she is. She deserves to be rewarded for it.

Chiibi wrote:
I'm not wrong. You really like her so I don't think you can see these problems she has.....or you like her so much that you just don't mind. (and yeah, I have characters like that too)

I like her a normal amount. My problem is more that she's a good person yet others talk about it like it's a bad thing. No wonder our world is such a crappy place Rolling Eyes

You really hate her so I don't think you can see these positives she has...
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:04 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

You're going to be the best man at my wedding. Laughing

On the topic of Onodera, I find her dull and boring. She's nice and all but, for me, that's kind of all there is to her. I'm not really attracted to these overly kind types I guess. Hachiman in Teen SNAFU (season 1) worded it best -- spoiler[kind girls are kind to everyone so you're nothing special] -- though I guess Raku is the exception in this case.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
But that's true of all the girls. Except Marika. Chitoge and Tsugumi can bench press a car, sure, but physical strength alone doesn't make you strong.

Er....no. Chitoge definitely makes more moves on Raku than Onodera does.

Like for example, can you possibly imagine Onodera putting a sleeping Raku's head on her lap?

No freaking way. She's too much of a wuss for that.

Tsugumi.....well she knows that showing her feelings for Raku are absolutely out of the question, considering the circumstances.

Quote:

Marika is my second fave. I really want to root for her sometimes.

Quote:
She's an accomodating person who puts the needs of others over her own. Raku is much the same way, which is why everyone likes him.

But Raku's not a push-over. He gets angry, he fights back, he has a backbone. When it comes to certain things, he's a "no nonsense" type of guy. You saw how he handled Haru in episode 09? She backed off with her tail between her legs. Anime hyper

Quote:
Giving up her own happiness for the sake of a friend's, and you wouldn't find that admirable? It's not like her backing away would be easy, in fact it would probably be the hardest thing she's ever done. And she'd still do it because that's the kind of person she is. She deserves to be rewarded for it.

Eugh.....she's like this SO much though that it's hard to accept she's a human being.

Quote:
My problem is more that she's a good person yet others talk about it like it's a bad thing

There's nothing wrong with being a good person.........but she's so damn bland and boring. She's a good person but not a good character.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 23 of 24