• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo Film's Trailer Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arekusei

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:22 pm Reply with quote
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:

Cowboy Bebop, Baccano!, Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C., BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad, Black Lagoon, Yu Yu Hakusho, Fullmetal Alchemist....

Shall I continue?

I'll continue just for the hell of it! Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood,Summer Wars,Death Note, Dragonball Kai,High School of the Dead,Corpse Princess,Birdy the Mighty: Decode and Bleach the list could truly go on for ages..anything with Kent Williams,Michael McConnohie,Mary Elizabeth Mcglynn or Ed Blaylock in it is bound to be excellent also any English dub directed by Mike Mcfarland is always fantastic![/quote]
I just checked some of the dubs listed here... half of them was Anime cry I know that there used to be some good one like slayers and Cowboy Bebob, but the rest if terrible for most part. You cannot seriously tell that Bleach of FMA dubs are good.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one who just sees a white space with no video?
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:27 pm Reply with quote
inuhime wrote:
I LOVED Vic Mignogna's version of Ed Elric. He brought more pain to Ed in his voice over than Romi Park

Are you sure that you even listened to Paku Romi's Ed? Quite frankly, Romi was much more convincing during Ed's dramatic moments then Vic was. He sounded like he was going to burst out laughing during the scene where, in the first FMA series, spoiler[he finds out that Nina had been slaughtered].
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:
Am I the only one who just sees a white space with no video?

Those bastards ran out of ink again, didn't they? Laughing
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
inuhime wrote:
I LOVED Vic Mignogna's version of Ed Elric. He brought more pain to Ed in his voice over than Romi Park

Are you sure that you even listened to Paku Romi's Ed? Quite frankly, Romi was much more convincing during Ed's dramatic moments then Vic was. He sounded like he was going to burst out laughing during the scene where, in the first FMA series, spoiler[he finds out that Nina had been slaughtered].

I personally love both Vic and Romi Park's take on Edward's character both gave excellent performances that will hold up for many years to come without a doubt.
Quark

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:37 pm Reply with quote
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTI5MDY0ODAw.html

There's the Ame Talk Evangelion Geinin video for anyone who is interested. Their interpretation of the theme song is pretty funny.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Arekusei wrote:

Cowboy Bebop, Baccano!, Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C., BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad, Black Lagoon, Yu Yu Hakusho, Fullmetal Alchemist....

Shall I continue?

I'll continue just for the hell of it! Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood,Summer Wars,Death Note, Dragonball Kai,High School of the Dead,Corpse Princess,Birdy the Mighty: Decode and Bleach the list could truly go on for ages..anything with Kent Williams,Michael McConnohie,Mary Elizabeth Mcglynn or Ed Blaylock in it is bound to be excellent also any English dub directed by Mike Mcfarland is always fantastic!

I just checked some of the dubs listed here... half of them was Anime cry I know that there used to be some good one like slayers and Cowboy Bebob, but the rest if terrible for most part. You cannot seriously tell that Bleach of FMA dubs are good.[/quote]

Congratulations, your opinion is now officially worthless. Laughing

And yes the FMA dub is better. If for no other reason than it doesn't make Ed and Al sound like little girls.
Arekusei

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:46 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:

Congratulations, your opinion is now officially worthless. Laughing

And yes the FMA dub is better. If for no other reason than it doesn't make Ed and Al sound like little girls.

Actually most of the time the problem with dubs is that someone who should have young voice does suddenly get adult voice. Its a major wtf in a lot of dubs. And "sound like little girls" is better then speaking with blocked nose voice.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
inuhime wrote:

I personally love both Vic and Romi Park's take on Edward's character both gave excellent performances that will hold up for many years to come without a doubt.

And I personally thought that Romi Park's Ed was better and that Vic's voice did not suit him (and that he didn't really put any emotion into his performance). Made it almost unbearable to hear his voice in the FMA games. I only ever liked Roy's, Hohenheim (Scott McNeil) and Al's (Aaron Dismuke) English voices in the series.

SpacemanHardy wrote:
And yes the FMA dub is better in my opinion.

Fixed that for you.

Last edited by Rukiia on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:48 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:

Romi Paku's Ed actually sounds more like a teen boy than Vic Mignogna's. She has a naturally masculine voice, as you can hear here. His sounds more like an adult doing a (bad) impression of a kid.

The FMA dub is okay, but vastly overrated. A few good performances, but also some really bad ones.

Rukiia wrote:
[Hohenheim (Scott McNeil)

Huh? Scott McNeil totally phoned in his performance.

Wasn't this thread about Evangelion at some point?

(Speaking of bad dubs... though the Rebuild dub has been decent.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:51 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Rukiia wrote:
[Hohenheim (Scott McNeil)

Huh? Scott McNeil totally phoned in his performance.

I am not exactly sure what you mean by "phoned in his performance". O_o

Edit: I never heard that saying before so after looking it up, I gotta say I disagree. I didn't think it was an epic performance but I did enjoy hearing him voice Hohenheim.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:02 pm Reply with quote
I think we just have to end this argument with the time-honored phrase, "Not all English dubs are bad; Not all Japanese dubs are good."

The above phrase is fact, and anyone who disagrees with it is just being delusional.

Anyways, enough of that crap. Back to EVA.
DRWii

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
I'm very excited for what Anno and Gainax have in store for us

Anno and Khara; Gainax isn't involved in the production of these movies.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Good, now how about a seriously quick follow-up date for Singapore, so I'll still be here to watch it? Pretty please? Maybe a simultaneous release so it coincides with AFA 2012?

... Probably not?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Oh Pirate Asuka, how long until you get some nice figures? Sub, dub, whatever, we'll have the movie a for half a year before FUNi can start getting it out, so the dub will just be nice for rewatches.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7