• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GJ Club (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Well, there's not really all that much to talk about. As enjoyable as the show is, there's not much to chew on.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:57 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
I like how the 2 most discussed topics in this thread are the age dilemma and trivia on the opening song.
Okay, if you want a topic? Who do you think makes the best pairing with Kyouya?

My current favourite is Shion. My reasoning is that Kyouya seems to like the whole thing which is what Shion is like, he takes notice of her quirks, showing interest in her games. And despite obviously having a thing for the maids, he looked far more interested with Shion in the butler outfit compared to Megumi.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:08 am Reply with quote
Him and Mao would be so goddamn adorable, though it would never happen. He'd try to bang <strikeout>ALL THE GJ'S</strikeout> Megumi or Shion before he would ever try to even touch Mao.

Him and Kirara would be an Lulz-y joke pairing.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:15 am Reply with quote
he should wait a few years for Geraldine to grow up. however, Kasumi will always be there to cock block him no matter who he picks
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:34 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
I like how the 2 most discussed topics in this thread are the age dilemma and trivia on the opening song.
Okay, if you want a topic? Who do you think makes the best pairing with Kyouya?

My current favourite is Shion. My reasoning is that Kyouya seems to like the whole thing which is what Shion is like, he takes notice of her quirks, showing interest in her games. And despite obviously having a thing for the maids, he looked far more interested with Shion in the butler outfit compared to Megumi.

My favorite is also Shion. She is good looking, tall, smart, funny, has a good fashion sense, has a cute innocent side, and most important of all has no annoying traits. I think I just found the most perfect anime girl lol.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Well, in terms of being deserving of him, after that shit they pulled in episode 3 I'd put the club members on the lower end of the list. That was just cruel. Hilarious, but cruel.

As such I'd rank them thusly:

Mori > Mori > Mori > Jill > Megumi > Kirara > Shion > Mao

Though in general I don't prefer it when the female is the older one in the relationship. So if I had to pick one I'd go for Megumi.

On a random note, Jill is the first foreign character I've seen in an anime who was bad as spoken japanese but good at writing it. Usually it's the other way around.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:02 pm Reply with quote
He's a push over, but I'm positive he could have his way very easily if he could stay in Ore-man mode much longer
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:59 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
He's a push over, but I'm positive he could have his way very easily if he could stay in Ore-man mode much longer
They are saving that for GJ-bu Days.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:02 pm Reply with quote
So he is uncomfortable in being a manly man, but he feels right at home cross dressing?!!! Mori now joins the rest of the girl in being defeated by his hair brushing.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:30 pm Reply with quote
When he's like that you can really see the family resemblance with him and Kasumi.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
On a random note, Jill is the first foreign character I've seen in an anime who was bad as spoken japanese but good at writing it. Usually it's the other way around.
I believe she was only using kana to write, in that way Japanese is much easier writing it than speaking it because you have time to think about what your saying and can correct yourself if you put words in the wrong order.

Oh OP song for this show. For some reason it reminds me of the opening to Hime-chan's Ribbon.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

This episode proves it, he gets tired being ore-man but has lots of fun spoiler[being Kyoroko] pic, he likes being bullied, he is an M. He is also good at hairbrushing, and enjoys his femenity in the mirror.

We get the standard fare; Kyoro forced to spoiler[play doctor] with the girls, Megumi making it way too close for comfort, Tama looking good in a spoiler[nurse outfit]. Mori also lets spoiler[her voice out when Kyoro brushes it, of course the entire club kicked him before that for Mori spinning]. And Kirara freaks them out, well her strength was scary enough but she starts stareing at a corner like a cat seeing a ghost, Kyoro and Mao look about ready to wet themelves. And also scarey, we find out that Tama is actually a spoiler[shrine maiden], finding more about her is interesting, also that she practices makeup on her younger brother.

Burn the sacrafice!
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Since he spoiler[bottles his anger], you think he might flip his shit near the end of the show like Minoru Shiraishi did?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Megumi trying to bite is so HNNNNNNNNNNNNNRG.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

Seeing them each not realizing the traits of his artistry and then getting angry was very funny. Like Shion being spoiler[just as bad as Mao], Megumi spoiler[trying to bite], and Kirara turning into a spoiler[dangerous animal].

I was not surprised that Kasumi made her own club, I am familiar that there is spin-off novels that take place with the middle school club, GJ-bu Chutobu. I found it funny that Geraldine apparently has a different personality, she elbowed Kasumi, knocking the wind out of her all the while with a smile.

Poor Megumi. Mao did not make things better, she did not need to give that information.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5