• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Free! Swim Team TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:36 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Ok, then I don't see the problem. I guess my concern is whether it would be a series about swimming that just happened to have attractive guys, or a series about attractive guys in fanservicey situations that just happened to have swimming.

TBH, I wouldn't mind either way, but some reactions I read about the pre-screening indicate there's a pretty decent amount of swimming and cool stuff. I really can't wait for this >-<
Oraculo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:52 am Reply with quote
fencer_x wrote:
DukeNukem3DO wrote:
ugh its bad enough this was made but crunchyroll is going to stream this fujoshi bullshit

You sound butthurt

are you butthurt?

Are you maybe angry at the fujoshi community because the shows they like remind you of how butthurt you are?

These are just some questions you should file away in your neckbeard to ruminate upon.

All y'all are making my sides split! Laughing "Neckbeard", hilarious!!! while at the same time revolting. (Why oh why don't they supply a barfing emoticon???)
Okay, now to stay on topic: Yay! Free!!! Shut up and take my money! etc. Anime hyper
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:58 am Reply with quote
DukeNukem3DO wrote:
But it still doesn't change the fact that shows like free is what's wrong with the anime industry today because of these idiotic fujoshi pandering shows coming out lately

It's a good thing we have your open-mindedness on the subject. The world definitely needs more people like you who have broad and varied viewpoints.
Sobe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:18 am Reply with quote
Lol all the hate on this show is just fueling the fire. ;D The anti-fujoshi tears are tasty, NOMNOMNOM. Lol@homophobic otaku men.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Sobe wrote:
Lol all the hate on this show is just fueling the fire. ;D The anti-fujoshi tears are tasty, NOMNOMNOM. Lol@homophobic otaku men.

Ha I agree this is all too hilarious. I don't understand why so many people are wasting their time commenting about a show they hate - that hasn't even aired - when there are so many shows out there... With most having more then enough T&A to make them feel straight Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jsc315

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:31 pm Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:
Sobe wrote:

Ha I agree this is all too hilarious. I don't understand why so many people are wasting their time commenting about a show they hate - that hasn't even aired - when there are so many shows out there... With most having more then enough T&A to make them feel straight Wink

I'm really looking forward to all the crazy and hateful comments. OK, not looking forward to them as more of, It will be entertaining and amusing to read all the idiotic and ridiculous comments on how this show should not have been made, during my lunch break Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CremsonMaster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Sobe wrote:

Well, this comment was clearly filled with ULTIMATE butthurt.

Being anti-fujoshi doesn't necessarily mean that we're homophobic. That statement is idiotic as hell.

As for this series, I guarantee that once it ends, everyone will forget about it, and it'll rarely be mentioned afterwards, like most current "OMG THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST ANIME EVER" anime series.

What really gets me is that 99% of the fanbase seems to be liking this series for it's POSSIBLE, not confirmed, fan-service. Most of them aren't even concerned with it's plot.

I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed, as I highly doubt this series will live up to it's expectations.

It'll by no means be a masterpiece, and will be a commercial flop in Japan, due to most of the fan-base being Westerners who are going to stream it subbed, rather than by it from stores, which is where KyoAni will profit from it.

I doubt this'll get a second season, and I further doubt that this will be successful.

Just throwing in my two cents.

And no, I'm not a homophobe.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
What really gets me is that 99% of the fanbase seems to be liking this series for it's POSSIBLE, not confirmed, fan-service. Most of them aren't even concerned with it's plot.

And this is different from male fans doing the same...how?

Oh wait, it's because Free!'s fanbase consists mostly of those "dum wimminz" you are filled with an irrational hatred for.

Quote:
It'll by no means be a masterpiece, and will be a commercial flop in Japan, due to most of the fan-base being Westerners who are going to stream it subbed, rather than by it from stores, which is where KyoAni will profit from it.

Those are some AMAZING bullshi--I mean, prediction powers you got there. Mind divining tomorrow's lottery numbers? I'll give you 10%, I promise.

Quote:

The more you deny being a homophobe, the more likely you ARE a homophobe.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Fujioshi and moe addicts are the same plague to me. Fans of a lot of cutesy bullcrap.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
CremsonMaster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Quote:

And this is different from male fans doing the same...how?

Oh wait, it's because Free!'s fanbase consists mostly of those "dum wimminz" you are filled with an irrational hatred for.

Quote:

Those are some AMAZING bullshi--I mean, prediction powers you got there. Mind divining tomorrow's lottery numbers? I'll give you 10%, I promise.

Quote:

The more you deny being a homophobe, the more likely you ARE a homophobe.

Well then, here comes my retaliation to your idiocy.

When did I ever say it was different from what male fans are like? I myself, find fan-service annoying and stupid. I dislike all forms of this sort of stuff, whether it be Yaoi, Yuri, or whatever else. It just so happens this is an anime followed mostly by the Yaoi demographic. So it came under the criteria of my dislike. Silly you, assuming things.

As for my "predicting" it's actually pretty spot on, if you look at the statistics. However, it is by no means any different from what the positive predictions are. If you're going to call bullshit on me, at least watch the anime first. You people are acting like it's the second coming of [expletive] Dragon Ball Z without even watching the show yet. It's not even out yet! Your predictions are as off balance as my own. You're doing the exact same thing I'm doing. So you called bullshit on yourself too. Well done.

Finally, I'm not a homophobe, as I have many homosexual friends, who I have stood up for in the past from homophobic people. I accept homosexuals. Denying something does not prove that you ARE that something. That statement, makes you look like even more of an absurd moron.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Finally, I'm not a homophobe, as I have many homosexual friends, who I have stood up for in the past from homophobic people.

Hoooooly shit you actually think the "I HAVE [MINORITY] FRIENDS" is a valid excuse?

Quote:
If you're going to call bullshit on me, at least watch the anime first. You people are acting like it's the second coming of [expletive] Dragon Ball Z without even watching the show yet. It's not even out yet! Your predictions are as off balance as my own. You're doing the exact same thing I'm doing. So you called bullshit on yourself too. Well done.

No one's doing that, except in your bizarre-land mind. What people were doing was freaking out that one of the most respected anime studios of all time was doing a show aimed at girls when girls have had to deal with being shafted with shitty adaptions of otome games for years. That's a pretty good excuse to get hype.
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:25 pm Reply with quote
TheCrimsonClaw wrote:
As for my "predicting" it's actually pretty spot on, if you look at the statistics. However, it is by no means any different from what the positive predictions are. If you're going to call bullshit on me, at least watch the anime first. You people are acting like it's the second coming of [expletive] Dragon Ball Z without even watching the show yet. It's not even out yet! Your predictions are as off balance as my own. You're doing the exact same thing I'm doing. So you called bullshit on yourself too. Well done.

The first episode's been out for almost a week, and I've only seen positive things said about it, even from male viewers. It seems there will be more to it than just fanservice.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Actually, anyone with half a working neuron knows that DBZ is far from the epithome of masterpiece anime. No one is expecting Free to be DBZ, rest assured of that.

Also, the first episode is already out now and it's had mostly positive reactions. The ANN reviewers gave it good scores in the Preview Guide, and even some guys who are most certainly not attracted to the fanservice aspect of it have commented that it's entertaining and that the story has promise

Quote:
As for my "predicting" it's actually pretty spot on, if you look at the statistics

If by that you mean the imaginary statistics of your mind, then yeah, I suppose it's pretty spot on. Otherwise you might want to take a look at the amount of pixiv art for this, with just one episode out, and stop babbling nonsense
CremsonMaster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:12 am Reply with quote
Excuse? No, fact. I'm accepting towards homosexuals.

Go to Tumblr. You'll see what I'm taking about. I don't see the big deal. That's my opinion.

I find it funny that most people are going "but reviews say it's good". Reviews have never meant a thing in the media world.

If we're going to go on that view, then Lady Gaga must be the best artist in the entire music industry. She's really talented.

As for DBZ not being a masterpiece, that's true. However, if it weren't for DBZ, most anime wouldn't even exist, as it single-handedly made the anime industry what it is today, and Akira Toriyama is the most influential manga artist in existence, having been the main influence behind pretty much every well known manga artist, and thus the anime that is adapted from that. It was also responsible for making anime popular in Western Society and without it, I doubt most of you people would know what anime IS.

So yeah, not perfect, but certainly influential, and that's the point I'm making.

So yup. Point made. U MAD?
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:25 am Reply with quote
TheCrimsonClaw wrote:
I find it funny that most people are going "but reviews say it's good". Reviews have never meant a thing in the media world.

Reviews are someone's opinion whether they are positive or negative. Your opinion (review) is negative. Do you believe your opinion... Review means nothing? I guess not so in the grand sceme of things all these positive reviews mean something - surprisingly it means the greater opinion is that of a positive one.

So just because you do not agree with an opinion doesn't make it any less meaningful... Unless the reviewer is a troll or has nothing to back thier statement up with.

On a slight side note I don't see why people who don't like one single gay person or a "gay themed" show makes them a homophobe. I think we have all moved on from the I dislike one black person so I now hate all making me a racist... Lets do the same with homosexuality.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5