• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Licenses Crayon Shin-Chan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kodai

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:52 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Why are people deluding themselves into thinking that FUNi is going to edit this show? Confused

Have you ever seen what they did to Dragonball when it first came out? Pathetic editing attempts in most episodes.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:36 am Reply with quote
Have you seen what they didn't do to most releases since? You're dwelling on one release from years ago.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Kodai wrote:
Have you ever seen what they did to Dragonball when it first came out? Pathetic editing attempts in most episodes.

Awesome! We have a time-traveller from the far-away year of 1997! Someone who never got to see the exemplary work FUNimation would later go on to do with such series as Fullmetal Alchemist, Fruits Basket, Lupin III, Kiddy Grade, Blue Gender, Kodocha, Gunslinger Girl, Yuu Yuu Hakusho, Detective Conan/Case Closed, Samurai 7, their uncut Dragon Ball/Z/GT DVDs and later highly-publicized uncut redo of the first two seasons Saban mangled, and their offer to release 4Kids properties uncut through them to name a few.

Sorry, crying that FUNimation will butcher something just doesn't cut it these days. Seeing that they've not only released the vast majority of their properties uncut, but went back and fixed the ones they did edit, it's pretty safe to say they've long abandoned any editing policies they may have used back in the 90s.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ongaku_no_tenshi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:37 pm Reply with quote
I think Funimation is going to treat the Shin-chan property very well. After all, look at the quality off work they have done with Kodomo no Omocha. I was worried about the U.S. Kadocha releases but, after three really good volumes, I'm confident in their work. I can't wait to own the first volume of Crayon Shin-chan. Yay for Shin-chan's upcoming release.

*sings* "Party Party Join Us Join Us!"
beelzebozo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Bart wishes he could get in trouble like Shin-chan.

Put is somewhere between Simpsons and South Park.

Now maybe that kid doing the elephant dance to Chibi-Usa in Sailor Moon will make sense to people Razz
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:37 pm Reply with quote
I found something interesting today in a textbook I'm using for my Fundamentals of Gaming class. This book is copyrighted 2005 and was printed sometime in the first half of last year as it was used in the fall semester of this class as well.

In one page, there is something on voice actress Hope Levy (best known for her role as Rebecca Chambers in the Resident Evil games according to the book). One particular line caught my attention:

"She is currently re-voicing the Japanese anime series Shin Chan, playing Cosmo."

Is there some other anime called Shin Chan? If not, it seems that Funi has been working on this title for a while.

For anyone who is interested in veryifying this information, the book is Game Development Essentials by Jeannie Novak, published by Thomson Delmar Learning. ISBN # is 1-4018-6271-3. Information found on bottom of page 271.
TheVileOne

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Adult Swim will probably want this series.
Umaiki

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:44 pm Reply with quote
This is good news. . . yet bad news. . .

I remember a few years ago, I used to watch shinchan, in english.

I loved the series, and I was alright with the editing- it was still absolutely hilarious!
I hope that somehow, someway, I could get my hands on a few of those episodes, like the second part to when Mitsey goes for a driving lesson xD!!! that is HILARIOUS!

I supose that I'll just have to wait and see. . .
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:52 am Reply with quote
TheVileOne wrote:
Adult Swim will probably want this series.

Not unless it's cheap like those goddamn Tommunists.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:51 am Reply with quote
Please don't revive old news after 4 months. Thanks.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4