• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Revolutionary War

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:02 pm Reply with quote
RapidEyeMovement wrote:
John Casey wrote:
erinfinnegan wrote:

But I almost liked it...! Remember that time I gave Sekirei a Rental? I'll also have you know I watched the entirety of Onigai Twins, and I wasn't even getting paid to do so. You don't know everything about me, Mr. Casey.

Ooooh, but I do... I know your favorite dessert is pecan pie. Your favorite movie is Happy Feet. You own an immaculate white Game Boy Advance first generation. Your social security number can be figured out with the dials on a phone while tapping to the Terminator theme, and you had your first sexual experience in the back of a 1969-vintage Volkswagen hippievan while watching A Clockwork Orange.

Erin, I know so much about you. Anime dazed

... Smile ...Wait, what?

Well, his avatar IS The Observer.....
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:30 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
Well, his avatar IS The Observer.....
What a load of nonsense. Its pecan pie a la mode.
erinfinnegan
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:57 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
Ooooh, but I do... I know your favorite dessert is pecan pie. Your favorite movie is Happy Feet. You own an immaculate white Game Boy Advance first generation. Your social security number can be figured out with the dials on a phone while tapping to the Terminator theme, and you had your first sexual experience in the back of a 1969-vintage Volkswagen hippievan while watching A Clockwork Orange.

I find your Silence of the Lambs reference... amusing.

I've been using my real name on the internet since 1997, and dominate my own google results, so ironically it's super-easy to find out real information about me. For example, if you'd read this, you'd know I've never seen Happy Feet.

Pecan pie... hah! That's not even my favorite kind of pie, let alone dessert.

Sorry this is a bit off-topic.
ss-hikaru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:56 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
erinfinnegan wrote:
ss-hikaru wrote:
From memory, Koihime Musou was the anime where stuff got censored with the ink sprays right? The censoring actually made the anime sorta look cool...

Was it? The DVDs don't offer an option to watch the censored version.

ss-hikaru is thinking of Hyakka Ryōran Samurai Girls.

Ahhh, all these samurai girl anime getting me all mixed up =P

Btw, thanks Northlander for taking the time to write a summary! It's been so long I didn't recognise some of the characters by name only but it still made sense! I feel satisfied now =3
Sailor S

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:27 pm Reply with quote
ss-hikaru wrote:
From memory, Koihime Musou was the anime where stuff got censored with the ink sprays right? The censoring actually made the anime sorta look cool...

While it has been cleared up which one you are thinking of, Koihime Musou did employ its own style of censoring during its TV run. They'd put the characters in SD form during those kinds of scenes, and thus avoid actually showing anything. So, at least it was different from the usual censorcats/bats/penguins/dogs or the sunbeams and moonbeams or boring old steam.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4