• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Sailor Moon Dub Cast Revealed at Anime Expo

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
purpleocean

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Passing on this, because they didn't get Terri Hawkes to return like so many people WANTED:

https://www.facebook.com/terrihawkesreturn
Running Wild

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:46 pm Reply with quote
I think most of the voice cast since the S season was pretty bad. Professor Tomoe was amusing at least though, but lordy, Hotaru sounded like she was trying so hard to sound so weak and timid.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:13 pm Reply with quote
I love this dub cast Very Happy. Cant wait for the release Very Happy
SakuraYakushi :3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Are you kidding!? Henry Dittman (Voice of Kabuto Yakushi from Naruto) should play Mamoru! Also....Stephanie Sheh (Who plays Useless Hinata from Naruto) as Sailor Moon? This is a nightmare!
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Running Wild wrote:
I think most of the voice cast since the S season was pretty bad. Professor Tomoe was amusing at least though, but lordy, Hotaru sounded like she was trying so hard to sound so weak and timid.

Tomoe was great for the "mad scientist in the darkness" look they gave him to begin with.

Also, I'm not dissing the new cast without even hearing a single line from them in their character's voices (though, I would have loved for the original cast to reprise their roles.) but someone mentioned earlier that Takeuchi chose the cast, but like, she's not a voice caster - and I'm not sure what grasp she has on the English language period - so, this doesn't mean they're the best cast, by any measure.

Obviously we'll have to wait and see how well they acclimate to the roles. But it's going to be hard to hear Ichigo voice Artemis (almost as hard as it was to hear Ichigo voice Brock in Pokémon: Origins) And Luna will always be a sassy British Nanny to me, dammit!
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:12 pm Reply with quote
She only approved of them. I'm sure they were chosen by a caster but she had final say.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:29 pm Reply with quote
While I don't know many of these names, I'd be curious to hear some of them in comparison to what I remember from the old dub. I'm surprised that the pre-orders are on. I know we got to get our copy soon for the fall semester. So already added to the list of things to buy. Smile
ForeverPurity

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:43 pm Reply with quote
I think I'm most amused at Todd.

And the whole Rukia and Ichigo thing going there.

Well, when two people have chemistry, it's best to work with it.

Ugh, somehow I'm even more excited for this than I was for crystal.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sakurablossom143

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:47 pm Reply with quote
I... am super excited about this dub cast!!! OMG!! The best news I've gotten on my bday! haahaha... I <3 Stephanie Sheh, Cristina Vee, Todd, JYB, Cherami Leigh, and Michelle Ruff...omg... so amazing!!!! I can NOT wait to have that DVD in my hands!!! =)
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:50 pm Reply with quote
well those been asking for new sailor moon dub indeed well you got what you want & new line-up are

main 5 sailors
sheh - moon
kate - mercury
vee - mars
miller - jupiter
rami - venus

also got ruff & jyb as cats, cindy queen beryl, & new name for tuxedo mask?

ok now wait for dub showing of it to arrive?
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:43 pm Reply with quote
I was going to watch SM subbed, but now I'll just watch the english dub.

Also, Ichihimekia. This gon be good.
Crisha

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:48 pm Reply with quote
I don't follow dub voice actors closely, so I don't have much of an idea how good the cast is. However, the positive reaction in this thread pleases me and makes me more confident in a good dub. I just hope that none of the main female VAs have to pitch their voices high to imitate the Japanese VA (most instances tend to sound awkward to me). I thought that the pitches of the 5 sailor scouts in the original dub really fit well - I'm hoping for something similar.

Last edited by Crisha on Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rainbowrabbit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:03 pm Reply with quote
KENZICHI wrote:
tygerchickchibi wrote:
I'm actually happy about the new cast.

BUT, I'll miss the old one very much. I never thought the old one was terrible at all. And I can still watch it no problem~

Actually, I think Todd Haberkorn as Jadeite is so appropriate, really.

I'm glad I'm not the only one going to miss the old cast. I appreciate them so much and I'm used to their voices! When I rewatch SM I watch the English dub lol.

Count me in too. I loved the original English voice cast as well. Especially Katie Griffin and Susan Roman. If it were up to me, a lot of them would've returned for the new dub. Even Linda Ballantyne. But in a role more suitable to her voice range. Here's how I see it. If it wasn't this, there would've been another issue I'd find with the redub. Like some questionable translation choices (which I won't bring up again because I don't need the drama.) Nothing is perfect. So I keep telling myself that and making the best of the situation because I'm finally getting the more accurate dub I've been wanting for years.

BTW, what's this I'm hearing about Viz introducing the new cast in front of the original voice actors? That must've been awkward.
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:05 pm Reply with quote
So Johnny Yong Bosch is going to be Artemis...

Okay... I will admit I suck at drawing burt I have to draw a webcomic involving Power Rangers, Pokemon Origins and the new Sailor Moon dub with me yelling at the end "Dammit Johnny Yong Bosch! Stop replacing people from my childhood!"

Also on a side note: me on my friend each guessed who was Usagi, I guessed either Stephanie Sheh or Carrie Savage and he said it couldn't be Stephanie (never heard anything Carrie did)... turns out I was right!
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:07 pm Reply with quote
#818689 wrote:
Are you kidding!? Henry Dittman (Voice of Kabuto Yakushi from Naruto) should play Mamoru! Also....Stephanie Sheh (Who plays Useless Hinata from Naruto) as Sailor Moon? This is a nightmare!

Useless? Was spoiler[saving Naruto from Pain] and getting him out of his angst coma after spoiler[Tobi killed Neji] not good enough? And what's wrong with Sheh as a voice actor? If you want somebody to blame, blame the writer of the manga for approving of this cast.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7