• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Latest DARLING in the FRANKXX Episode Inspires Angry Hashtag

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:55 am Reply with quote
switchgear1131 wrote:
Ichigo was kind of justified in her reasoning and actions up until the point she kept telling Hiro that if he talked to 02 or piloted with her again he would not be the same anymore and she wanted him to stay the same. That is just selfish reasoning right there. If she had said Hiro was going to die that is one thing, but she see seems to think he is just going to change and become a different person and doesn't want to lose the "hiro she loves". To me that seems like a very selfish motivation for her actions and borderline abusive relationship material, wanting to cage up the person you love so that they conform to your image of them when that is not who they are and refusing to allow them to grow or change because it doesn't fit your idea of who they should be.

Nine Iota told her that Zero 2 would transform Hiro into a *monster*, and what she overheard the doctors saying in Hiro's hospital room seemed to confirm just that. Ichigo was willing to grin and bear it as long as Hiro was happy and healthy, and didn't step in until she had good reason to believe Zero 2 was making him sick, and Zero 2 didn't deny it, because she thinks she's making Hiro sick, too, and feels bad about that part of their partnership. Hiro's the only one who doesn't seem to care if he's killed or turned into a monster, as long as his pride is left in tact (thus his obsession with whether Zero 2 "used" him).
The only selfish actions on Ichigo's part was: 1. Not letting Zero 2 speak to Hiro, which she admitted was wrong and changed her mind about (the fact that he conveniently escapes right then his "convenience for plot" writing), and 2. kissing him, and I bet she'll apologize for kissing him, too. Girl has the patience of a saint!
Infel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:18 am Reply with quote
Calico wrote:
How pathetic. A female character does something people don't like and they resort to insulting her appearance and calling her a bitch. Rolling Eyes

I haven't seen any of this on my twitter feed, so I guess I'm following the right people.
Insulting fictional characters... that's what you're on about? No, what's pathetic is sending death threats to the producer and voice actress.
Sentinel_Wraith

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:23 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
What's really sad is that Ichigo didn't do anything wrong. The people bitching have information the characters do not. From their pov 02:

- attacked them
- endangered the mission
- is known to kill her partners
- is in the middle OF killing her partner

Ichigo's decisions haven't exactly been the best, either.

-She used her position of power to expel 0-2 for her personal gain.
-She removed the strongest FranXX from the team and possibly disabled the second strongest by hurting Goro... right before the Grand Crevasse Mission.
-She put herself at risk by attempting to pilot with a rapidly saurifying Hiro, who may inadvertently have the same toxic effect as Zero-Two on Pistils.
-She also is insisting on piloting with him even though it's already established that he is incapable of doing so.
-She physically restrained Hiro while he was chasing 0-2, confessed her love while he was looking away, and then started making out with him without consideration for timing and his own feelings... and she did this right in front of her actual partner.

0-2 was wrong, but Ichigo isn't spotless by any stretch.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:09 am Reply with quote
switchgear1131 wrote:
If she had said Hiro was going to die that is one thing, but she see seems to think he is just going to change and become a different person and doesn't want to lose the "hiro she loves".

Ichigo thinks Hiro will lose his humanity and turn into a monster. (It's not like this isn't a possibility either.) Ichigo's fears are a lot more serious than Hiro becoming "a different person" from the "Hiro she loves."

Ichigo is possessive, but hardly uncaring about those around her. I suspect her feelings about Zero Two are pretty mixed as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4