• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Mignogna Deposition: Vic Mignogna Admits to Pulling Jamie Marchi's Hair, Denies it Was

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueRex666

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:25 am Reply with quote
tygerchickchibi wrote:

I don't.
It just makes it easier for people to feel more comfortable with not having to accept reality.

I was a fan of Vic. I was still a fan even though I had a conversation with a staff member about their negative experiences. This is the first time I learned of it over 10 years ago.

Eventually, I think this catches up. If he had resolved this situation before and actually cleaned up his act, and if the people working with him took it more seriously then this wouldn't have gotten as far as it did. :/

That isn't why I wish this stayed underwraps. If he did something stupid it should be acknowledge. What I hate and why I wish it stayed quiet is the current pointless internet anime civil.

Crispy45 wrote:

It affects everyone at the end of the day. It affects people who will be accused of misdeeds in the future and their right to due process and not trial by social media, it affects people who come forward and tell their abuse stories and their right to be believed and not accused of lying. It affects news media outlets and companies who brazenly report on unverifiable rumors and fire people over hearsay and holding them accountable. The more fights and cases like this happen, the more it sets a social and possible legal precedence in the future.

Hasn't he admitted to doing stupid stuff? If so, there isn't any hearsay.

Combined your posts-LL
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:14 am Reply with quote
BlueRex666 wrote:
That isn't why I wish this stayed underwraps. If he did something stupid it should be acknowledge. What I hate and why I wish it stayed quiet is the current pointless internet anime civil.

With respect, I don't believe it would've been in any way right for these situations to remain under-wraps because one man's actions affected victimized so many people.
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Something like this, I think the biggest problem is that it was kept under wraps for far too long. People didn't realize that other people shared their experiences, and didn't know they could speak out.
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:20 pm Reply with quote
BlueRex666 wrote:
Rolling Eyes
I really, REALLY wish this whole story was kept underwraps!

Once in the courts, it really gets public.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4