• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best (And Worst) Anime of Winter 2020

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChoGGi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:03 pm Reply with quote
DeTroyes wrote:
The only other anime-about-making-anime that I can think of are Animation Runner Kuromi (2001) and Otaku-no Video (early 1990s).

The last episode of Golden Boy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Elves

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Omg. Theron Martin, you have no idea how giddy-happy I was to see your Best of... pick actually be Interspecies Reviewers! Very Happy I hadn't realized how much I was hoping against hope that the show would actually make the list on the good side of things. Anime exclamation

As I said over on the forum posts tied to the show's episodes reviews, "It is really smartly written for such lewd content," and that's what I love about it...and maybe Crim too...just a little. lol
saihamaru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:53 am Reply with quote
best : interspecies reviewers
we usually get fantasy anime full of conflict between the various races living in there
so this anime is really a breath of fresh air for fantasy world lover like me
they all live peacefully with each other, even the demon race, which is a very rare occurrence in fantasy work
and i've been thinking about how would they make love with each other since forever, but i had a hard time discussing it in social media since people would just shut me up for being weird
this anime is a nice surprise that went into that zone and be successful. now i can talk about it easier
really, i can't thank this anime enough... now if we can have a 2nd season that would be great

runner up : Bang Dream! S3
nothing much to say about this one
been a fan since the 1st season and this season did not disappoint me
i almost always find myself smiling after watching every episode, that's how much i enjoy it
PS : eizouken came close, but i still enjoy bandori more, so yeah

worst : BOFURI
as an avid MMORPG player, this shows just killed a lot of my brain cells
even the jokes that my other MMORPG player friends find funny can't make my face loosened up from this frown
dropped halfway through 2nd episode and won't touch it anymore
Kicksville

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad Somali got some recognition here. A total surprise, and a beautiful show.
ThrowMeOut

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:18 pm Reply with quote
My biggest problem with Eizouken, and why I dropped it, despite it being an arguably high caliber show was, it seemed to keep getting lost in its own head. I'm sitting there enjoying the plot and suddenly we spend five minutes designing and testing a space ship. And it looks great! But after several minutes of it gleefully spinning its wheels and proclaiming "wow isn't this just the coolest most radicalest thing you can do with animation?" and I'm sitting there checking my watch waiting for the plot to kick back in. We only got 12 episodes here ladies let's hustle a bit more?

The show I had the most fun with was Interspecies Reviewers. I'm hoping now that someone's broken open the floodgates anime can stop tip-toeing around sex so much. Like I understand with the teen oriented stuff holding back, but we have so many adult-led anime that treat sex like some weird foreign concept. You don't need to show it, but it would be nice to see more twenty-somethings in anime not treat the devil's tango like some weird thing they've barely heard of.
yuzumei

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Somali was a nice show but my biggest issue with it was Somali herself. I would have prefer a Somali with a bit of PTSD , shy and reserved. With the help of Golem, their friends and adventures she learns to be a kid again, to open up, to be happy and to be part of a family.
And, of course at the end Golem realize that he became her father.

The Somali the show gave us just talks tooo much. She is always happy, jumpy playing around and i found her a bit annoying and boring.
El Hermano

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:05 pm Reply with quote
ThrowMeOut wrote:
The show I had the most fun with was Interspecies Reviewers. I'm hoping now that someone's broken open the floodgates anime can stop tip-toeing around sex so much. Like I understand with the teen oriented stuff holding back, but we have so many adult-led anime that treat sex like some weird foreign concept. You don't need to show it, but it would be nice to see more twenty-somethings in anime not treat the devil's tango like some weird thing they've barely heard of.

If nothing else, I'm hoping Reviewers' smashing success paves the way for Redo of Healer to not be as toned down as it most likely will be.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4