• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2008-01-09

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hamtaroboy2006

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:45 pm Reply with quote
LOL It's very true. Sometimes, I think there is too much of that stuff on the internet. Good comic.
murph76

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Best one yet! Keep up the good work Jadress, I'm enjoying it very much.

I can just see Hiroshi using his father's wealth to build the ultimate cleaning maching (mecha perhaps?) to compete against Daisuke's natural ability. Very Happy

-Murph
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:06 pm Reply with quote
murph76 wrote:
Best one yet! Keep up the good work Jadress, I'm enjoying it very much.

I can just see Hiroshi using his father's wealth to build the ultimate cleaning machine (mecha perhaps?) to compete against Daisuke's natural ability. Very Happy

-Murph
LOL. I see what you did there!
murph76

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Viga_of_stars wrote:
LOL. I see what you did there!

Yeah, I know. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop But when I read it, I couldn't help but picture some huge, Project A-ko-style action sequence with Hiroshi wearing some silly get-up.

-Murph
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Whoa, creepy and as a fanfic writer I know how creepy those pairings can be no matter what section I go to on ff.net I will always see those parings... Naruto/Sasuke, Luffy/Zoro or Ranma/Ryoga (which slightly makes sense in the context of the series), but still... it burns! (I'm not a Yoai fan for obvious reasons).

Last edited by Emma Iveli on Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Favourite so far. "Damn it Hiroshi, we're training you to go to the best law school in the world, not sweep floors like a commoner!" It made me lol in real life.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:53 pm Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
but did you have to name it "Midnight Cleaning"!?!

The level of implied gross there is just... awww!!! Mad

I mean, what horrors yaoi fans could achieve with filth and cleaning supplies? The mind boggles...

Take your pick.

X
Notice face on mop.

Last edited by Dargonxtc on Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The Xenos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:53 pm Reply with quote
I swear this is the reason a majority of female fans are into shonen shows. They reaaaally need to seek professional help about it.

Wasn't there a shonen author who broke down in tears at a conference saying particular characters were not gay?

Really, girls, Luffy is not actually stupping Zoro. Naruto does not have the hots for Sasuke and Sasuke does especially not have the hots for his brother. No, none of this is actually in the book. Well, I've conceded to a friend some stuff like Light and L as a maybe. Still, most of this is bullcrap.

It's just smut. SMUT! It's your dirty faptastic story, not the actual story. Enjoy it as smut, but it is NOT literature, canon storytelling, or anything higher than baseless smutty SMUT. Enjoy your smut, but accept it for what it is. SMUT! "Give me smut and nothing but!"

Oh and I'm sure the fem slashers are bad too, but I just don't hear from them as much. Hell, that's more my cup of tea and I don't hear about it as much.
Jadress

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:24 pm Reply with quote
I highly appreciate Dargonxtc for always taking it the extra mile!! Wow. Also, for a second I thought the tattoo on that guy's abs said "turd."

Now now, being into yaoi stuff isn't THAT bad, and I think most of the fans know full well that it's just smut and stuff. I'm not into it myself, but I have some friends that are. I think just as long as you are still able to enjoy a title for reasons OTHER than just trying to make up weird pairings, you're ok. It is getting really pervasive though.. when I go to cons, it seems like 99% of the females there are into yaoi, and the fact that it's THAT popular is strange to me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
Also, for a second I thought the tattoo on that guy's abs said "turd."

I think it says "Saturn." Laughing

I also find it interesting that a very large portion of female fans love yaoi. I'm not a fan, but it doesn't bother me. Especially when it's used here -- hilarious!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Saturn is an old wrestler from the wcw days, and moppy!!!!!!!!
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:36 pm Reply with quote
It was definitely funny in this context, yeah, being a joke and all. Laughing But the sad truth is that this crap actually happens, most typically with what turns out to be a lot of my favorite characters nonetheless. (note that I've never seen it myself, but I hear about it all the time......) It really is quite traumatizing to know that....... Wink

I'm just glad no one's ever done a Goku/Vegita one. At least not that I've heard of anyways.......
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:

Was I really right?! Shocked It just looked like there were two letters missing...
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
I highly appreciate Dargonxtc for always taking it the extra mile!! Wow.
Laughing
BrothersElric wrote:
I'm just glad no one's ever done a Goku/Vegita one. At least not that I've heard of anyways.......

Mild example. Black roses are hot! J/K
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:

Yeah, Perry Saturn and Moppy. Just goes to show you can find anything on the internet. That was actually from his WWE days, post Radicalz.

"You're welcome."

Emerje
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7