• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
High School DxD New (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:48 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Monica Rial's portrayal of Susan from season 1 is quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever heard

Absolutely in agreement but it makes it even harder to imagine what she really look likes. I mean, is she kawaii? Sure, she has koi but it may not be enough.

Previous episode was ... watched ... but the dub of the first season was more fun. Oh yeah, previous episode was Issei boosting everyone for some reason. You know, instead of fighting.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:32 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
the villains were acting kinda dumb this episode. Kokobiel spoiler[summons a few Cerberus's] and then everyone just stands around letting things happen.

Well, remember that Kokobiel is doing this for the lulz. If he just killed everyone straight off it would be too boring.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:30 pm Reply with quote
a spoiler[massive power up on the promise of some boob suckage], I love this show so much. Predictably, Kokabiel could have spoiler[wiped the floor with the Gremory peerage]. That spoiler[white dragon] was cool. didn't expect those two little bombshells thrown at us, but it certainly makes things interesting
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:09 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 6

Pretty much the news that you never want to hear, that spoiler[God is dead], that is just bad news. On the upside the spoiler[white dragon] looked pretty cool, and Xenovia spoiler[is now a demon with the place of knight], hot. I think that I was lacking more favourite character and now I likely have one. That spoiler[Azazel guy] seems pretty chill too.

Koneko must really pay a lot for clothes, even her underwear always ends up in shreds.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:55 pm Reply with quote
spoiler["God is dead".]
WHOA

The battle was pretty good although I feel "sorry" for Issei because now spoiler[he can't suck on Rias' you-know-what] Rolling Eyes

But ya, Xenovia is also one of my favorites. She looks cute as hell in a spoiler[school uniform]. Oh and I went hhhhhggggg when she tried to imitate spoiler[Irina's tone of speech]. Next week's the spoiler[beach episode] so goodbye battle, hello fan service.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Next week's the spoiler[beach episode] so goodbye battle, hello fan service.

You say that as if the series isn't normally heavy on fan service. A beach episode might actually involve more covering up than normal.

Frankly, since we're getting that constantly, I'm more interested in seeing where that final post-credits twist goes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:55 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Koneko must really pay a lot for clothes, even her underwear always ends up in shreds.

Akeno's been shown to be able to repair clothing with her magic.

This episode was basically Highschool DxD: Nietzsche Was Right.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:

Akeno's been shown to be able to repair clothing with her magic.

I must have missed or forgotten that, the memory of the fact we almost always see her panties break was much stronger in my memory.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Yeah. Well, Koneko is a brawler, anyways going in close during battles, so it makes sense that she's usually the one taking damage like that.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

I don't understand this. mind explaining?
jl07045

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:45 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:

I don't understand this. mind explaining?

spoiler[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_is_dead]
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:47 pm Reply with quote
thanks
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Yeah. Well, Koneko is a brawler, anyways going in close during battles, so it makes sense that she's usually the one taking damage like that.
Because, in a show like this, it's critical for such things to make sense.
Cenobite451

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:06 am Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:
Because, in a show like this, it's critical for such things to make sense.

But of course. *nods sagely* Laughing

(Honestly though, it's almost always better when things proceed in a reasonably logical, or at least comprehensible fashion - failure on that count pretty much murdered Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai for me. Which is a damn shame, because I actually liked the animation there a little better than High School DxD.)

The spoiler[God Is Dead] thing was pretty interesting, as was spoiler[the new addition to the Gremory peerage]. Now taking bets - will Issei's childhood pal end up spoiler[a rook, or a bishop]?

And how long will it be until Koneko comes around?
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:37 am Reply with quote
Maybe I'm missing something but wasn't spoiler[Xenobia's] decision to join the devil team a little, I don't know, extreme?

spoiler[She] just meet them, knows there are other factions out there and even if spoiler[God is dead {business as usual though}], losing one's humanity and joining the opposing force is very final.

And as far as we know, all the other humans died first before becoming demons so, uh, yeah, I hope there was a lot more behind it than "Guess I'll do this now."

It was a good ending but it was also odd that the other one just wandered off while her partner...

Yeah, I think the series need to go into a bit more detail. The Good side's usual reaction to this sort of thing is "exorcism".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10