• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
YuruYuri (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Its light but alright. I too don't find them particularily "interesting" but the jokes sometimes hit. but

Was anyone else initally surprised that Akari wasn't scared of the scary stories... and equally pleased with the apparent answer as to why she wasn't?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Scormio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Okay, episode 11 was funny (as always), but did anyone watch the preview for the next episode? It has something very...I don't know what to call it, except unexpected.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:17 pm Reply with quote
This final episode probably the most entertaining episode out of the entire series, and that's saying a lot! spoiler[And it's not just because Chitose was snogging almost every girl in the room (except the tsundere couple who seem to took their time getting the futons...hehehe).] Akari's butt monkey status has finally rolled up to its climax which then ended up being a blast! Surprised

Now with the series over and its apparently positive reception from the otaku (I heard the upcoming issue of Yuri Hime, the magazine this was serialized in, was sold out), I'm keeping my eyes open on what some of the anime production companies will do next. Are we're going to see a shift towards "moe-flavored" yuri? I have notice Yuru Yuri seems to act as a vehicle for fan shipping; I wonder this is the "yuri" the otaku wants. Though I would much prefer for them to start accepting in-canon couples.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:16 pm Reply with quote
I think the final episode did a good job. They have been playing with the Akarin thing at the begining, which has been the one thing that proved she was the main character, and she had it stolen in the last episode by a side character who has appeared a couple of times. Their whole Akari dissapearing thing has been a bit hit and miss, but when it has been done well it has been good.

Probably my favorite gag in the series has been jokes about Chinatsu looking inocent, but actually being a bit evil. Episode 11 was good with Chinatsu in the past actually picking on Kyouko, amd Chinatsu unkowingly calling herself a brat. And the last episode was also good that Chinatsu acted like she did not want to cosplay, but still looked evil in that she was sure she would win.

Chitose's nose bleed gag did often get old, but I did enjoy it's use in the last episode where she could sense the situations from a distance. Also looks like Chitose filled the last episode with a load of yuri, the reason was a bit scetchy, but it was obviously just to appease fans who wondered where the yuri was. I also can not help but laugh at Akari's face with the tears, actually makes me feel a little sad. And the Tomato thing was exactly the type of randomness that made Kyouko funny.

My one big complaint is that we never got to see Akari's sister, she was one of the first jokes in the series, and we never saw her. I almost wish for another season just so we can see Akari's sister, but that is a bit of a dirty reason, I think another season would need totaly new gags.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:55 pm Reply with quote
That's it! I'm gonna gag dub this thing. The show was much funnier than I anticipated and stayed surprisingly strong throughout...but...so...much...potential. Every time someone opened their mouth I read both their lines and heard the ideas rolling through my head.

I think I now know how Stephen Foster felt when he was given the directorial duties on Ghost Stories (and everything else given to him...).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rensie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:07 am Reply with quote
Very enjoyable serie, like Kyouko antics. But i'm sad because is ended so fast...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5