• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martine23

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:08 am Reply with quote
Name: Erica
Sex: Female
Marital Status: In a deeply complicated yet somewhat fulfilling relationship
Ethnicity: Pale. Probably just white. My Dad says we're Scot-Irish but in all fairness, he drank a lot
Religion: Recovering Baptist. I'm spiritual, not religious....ya know?
Drink/Smoke: Yep. Right now in fact.
Likes: Asian horror, history, politics, sociology, non-fiction books, the film industry, spending money, being awesome, dogs...then other animals
Dislikes: Things that remind me of my background in rural appalachia, morons, psychology, people who don't like my dogs, human rights violation in my daily coffee/chocolate, people who download anime instead of buy it Anime hyper
Favourite anime: Love Hina, Chobits, NGE, Magical Shopping Arcade: Abernobashi, Welcome the the NHK, .hack//Sign
Favourite manga: Ooohh, don't read much manga. I'm not bright enough to figure it out, lol. I collected some of Battle Royale though
favourite movies: Trainspotting, Battle Royale, Dr. Strangelove, A Tale of Two Sisters, Juno, A Clockwork Orange, Go, Pricilia: Queen of the Desert, Ever Since the World Ended, Hotel Rwanda, Children of Men, Blade Runner, 1984, Life of Brian
favourite bands: The Decemberists, Interpol, Modest Mouse, The Killers, Jurassic Five, Matsiyahu, The Shins, Broken Social Scene
favourite books: Really lame non-fiction like What's the Matter with Kansas, Nickel and Dimed, The End of Poverty, Your Inner Fish, Lies your Teacher Told you (see, I told you)

Neat stuff about me:
I'm a Sociology grad student that hopes to specialize in globalization and dependency theory.
I have three dogs, a rabbit, and a cat. Oddly enough, most are named after food.
I have a sadistic desire to have a huge family.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:11 am Reply with quote
Well seeing as how we have plenty of new members it's time for a nice warm welcome. So a big jovial ANN welcome to GrdAdmiral, クリスチャン, Onmyodo, Comartemis, Misty-Mayolina, Zombie Gunman, red pyramid, finalcloud, and Martine23. Hopefully you'll all enjoy your time here as we assimilate your minds into our collective heh. As part of your welcome here you all get your very own mystery welcome bag of goodies. ::hands them each a brown bag:: So you all are the lucky owners of a handful of lint from the lint trap of my dryer, a random string from a guitar, one leg from a rocking chair, and a 5inx5in piece of carpeting from a 1968 Ford Falcon. I hope you enjoy your marvelous gifts and don't forget; When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
GMSenpai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Name: Gene

Sex: Male

Blood Type: A

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: Mostly Portuguese and Canadian French

Religion: Christian

Pets: Two cats.

Drink/Smoke: Never.

Likes: Anime, Gaming, Blogging, Podcasting, Walking, Running, Coding, Typing.

Dislikes: Level 6 Fan-Boy/Girl(s)

Favorite anime: Death Note, GitS: SAC, Fullmetal Alchemist, Evangelion, Bleach

Favorite Manga : Fruits Basket, Rurouni Kenshin

Favorite Books: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy(Entire series), Lord of the Rings(entire series), Stardust, Heir to the Empire Trilogy(Star Wars)

Favorite game: Final Fantasy 6, Portal, Metriod Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, World of Warcraft, Team Fortress 2,

Favorite TV shows/Movies: 24, The Office, Stargate SG-1/Atlantis/Universe, The Daily Show, Evolution, LoTR Trilogy, Star Wars Eps. 4-6

Favorite Drink: Don't Drink. Too bad.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Vitamin Water, Coke, Lemonade

Favorite Foods: Hmm.. I usually say anything with a sauce.

Favorite Sites: Extralife, Commissioned, Illwillpress, Digg

Favorite Sport (to watch): Baseball, Football, Soccer(On an international level ONLY)

Favorite Sport (to play): Baseball, Football, Track

Favorite Music: Anything that isn't rap(some exceptions; Weird Al or MC Chris) or country(No exceptions; Not even Weird Al)

Job: Tech Anaylist/IT

Hobbies: Anime, Writing, Accumulating useless amounts of knowledge.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:54 pm Reply with quote
purpledragon42 wrote:
Arrow Is an incurable night owl

I know how that goes. I'm up for school at 6:30am every morning (yes, I'm getting close to 30 and back in school; and yes most of my classmates are around 10 years younger than me). Sadly all the years I've been a night owl prevent me from sleeping at night. I go to school in the morning, have about a half hour at home between class and work and then I work until 10:30. I can be tired all day but I just can't sleep before 1am no matter what I do or how hard I try. Too many years of staying up til 3 to 6 in the morning have pretty much made going to bed at a normal hour impossible.

I don't mind really, I make up for the lack of sleep on Fridays and Saturdays, it does make getting up in the morning a real pain though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Clodus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:54 am Reply with quote
I heard learning to sleep between classes is a real hard thing to do. At least thats what my relatives who went to college told me. I'll find out for myself next year. Like you guys, I also am nocturnal. My mom makes quite a few jokes about me being a vampire haha. Everyday, I get home from school at 3:20 and in a few hours I sleep til midnight then stay up for school which is 6:30. avg 6-7 hours. well theres a benefit to getting on at night especially if u play any MMORPG's since all the idiots are asleep and the night gang comes out hehe. Not to mention the peace and quiet although its starting to get lonely especially since I'm now the only child left still living with my parents. I use to stay up and play games with my brother which was a blast. I remember the old days, we would skip school together and kick it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
legendfunk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:35 am Reply with quote
This looks like a good way to meet people, but no one replies! What the heck, looks cool

Name: Let's just keep that an enigma.

Ethnicity: Filipino. At least 90%. You know, there's the Spanish, Chinese etc. etc. 3 or 4 generations back.

Religion: Roman Catholic

Drink/Smoke: I'm 15, what the heck no.

Likes: Rock music, baseball, gaming, geography, political and social issues, literature, Japanese and Duh, I wonder. Am I supposed to put anime here? There's a reason I signed up Razz

Dislikes: The times when people claim to be huge anime fans and then say they only know Pokemon, DBZ, Bleach and Naruto. Razz Also Maths.

Favourite anime: Elfen Lied, Elfen Lied II (whenever they announce one hopefully), Elfen Lied III (whenever they announce one), and Elf... oh well. Also, R.O.D the TV, Madlax, Jigoku Shoujo (hell girl), Gits SAC.

Favourite music: Classic rock, especially Led Zeppelin. I could mention them as I mention Elfen above. Generally funky rock as well, I'm a muso

Favourite game: Final Fantasy XII. If there's a world like Ivalice I sure wanna live there sometime!

Favourite Sport (to play): Baseball

Favourite sport (to watch): Australian Rules football. Because it Rules.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Digimon_Sommelier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:16 am Reply with quote
Name: Darrel

Sex: Male?

Ethnicity: Scottish/Jamaican/Guyanese

Orientation: Bi (me a drink)

Religion: Episcopalion

Drink/Smoke: None of the below

Dislikes: People who just live to target, rejection, lack of money, failure

Music: Paramore, Boys Like Girls, Panic! at the Disco, Blink 182, AFI, All-American Rejects, Matchbox Twenty, The Fray, OneRepublic, Fall Out Boy, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Switchfoot, Avril Lavigne, Kelly Osbourne, Simple Plan, My Chemical Romance, The Hives, Sara Bareilles, Erykah Badu, Jill Scott, Good Charlotte, KANYE WEST, JONAS BROTHERS, RIHANNA, KELLY ROWLAND, Ashanti, BRITNEY SPEARS, Justin Timberlake, Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey, Jennifer Lopez, Christina Aguilera, Soulja Boy Tell'Em, 50 Cent, Missy Elliot, Lil Kim, John Legend, Alicia Keys, Mario, Paula DeAnda, KT Tunstall, Taylor Swift, CARRIE UNDERWOOD, Beyonce, Nelly Furtado, CIARA, Gwen Stefani Hilary Duff, Chris Brown, Latoya Luckett, David Archuleta, Jordin Sparks, High School Musicals (yah...), David Hernandez, Stevie Brock, LMNT, Backstreet Boys, N*SYNC, Aaron Carter, Hoku, Hannah Montana, Raven-Symone, Anneliese Van Der Pol and much more; ALL OLD SCOOL ROCK/POP LEGENDS

Favorite Game: All pokemon games (childhood thing)

Favorite Sport: PRO WRESTLING
xoliveyouxx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Name: Izzy Bella
Marital status: single
Religion: don't do religion
Drink/Smoke: sometimes
Favorite music: I listen to pretty much everything...except christian stuff
Favorite sport: soccer!!!!
Favorite games: Dead or Alive Ultimate 2 and DOA 4 and DOA 2(there's swimsuits!!)
Favorite anime: at the moment...who knows??
Favorite manga: many, dont' have a fave
Likes: Friends, hanging out with them and chatting about nothing and everything, reading (manga and regular books) and writing.
Dislikes: preps and emo haters.(not because i'm emo, but because people shouldn't label) and spoilers.
Fun facts about Izzy Bella:
i am a gigantic klutz...surry
i walk into walls and sandpaper doors alot
many people don't know my natural hair color
and i am currently trying to force my editors to look at my stories

THE END!!

LOVE YA!
Anime smile
DamienStryker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Screen Name - Damien Stryker
Real Name - Will Cole
Gender - Male
Status - Single
Age - 21 (22 coming soon...)
Religion - Christian (Spiritual but not religious, if that makes any sense...)
Drink/Smoke - Nope
Favorite Music - Anything with a beat... minus Country. o_o;
Favorite Sport - Basketball
Favorite Game - Gears Of War, NBA 2K8, Samurai Showdown
Favorite Anime: Bartender, but at the moment... Spice and Wolf.
Likes: Running my college Anime Club, Books, Lesson Plans, Fortune Telling, Blogging (on occasion), Socializing when people are around.
Dislikes: American Anime Fans with a Superiority Complex, Shallow-Minded Individuals, People Who Consider Themselves "Normal".
Random Things About Me...
I've sat through Eva 3 times... and still don't see why Shinji's the way that he is.
I'm into Live-Action shows just as much as I'm into Anime.
I'm preparing for my next ACEN at this very moment...
and er... I've cried maybe... 3 times while watching a show.
1) When Kamina died in Gurren Lagaan.
2) Grave Of The Fireflies... That ending really pulls at ya.
3) Sailor Moon... when Nephrite (pardon my spellings...Anime smileWink... left Molly behind when he died by the hands of Zoisite's minions.
TheDrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Name: Cameron

Blood Type: No idea

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: German and French Canadian.

Religion: Christian

Pets: Lizards

Drink/Smoke: No

Likes: Anime, Skateboarding, Guitar, Music (Thrash/Speed/Death Metal), Hanging out with friends.

Dislikes: Cocky skaters

Favorite anime: Rurouni Kenshin, Death Note, MAR, GiTS, Samurai Champloo, many many more.

Favorite Manga : Death Note, MAR, and I'm going to get into Fruits Basket, which I've heard is very good

Favorite Books: Lord of the Rings (entire series)....House on the Gulf, almost everything written by Tom Clancy.

Favorite game: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, Oblivion, lots more.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Family Guy, Scrubs, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, American Dad, The Office, Chappelle Show, South Park, lots more also.

Favorite Drink: Strawberry Daiquiri (yes I know, I'm underage, but I don't drink all the time. I've only had like 3)

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Dr. Pepper, Berry Sparkling Water, Root Beer.

Favorite Foods: Mexican food in general, Ramen Noodles.

Favorite Sites: Myspace, ANN, G4, I can't think of any others.

Favorite Sport (to watch): Basketball (go Phoenix Suns!!)

Favorite Sport (to play): Skateboarding, Football (with friends, not professionally)

Favorite Music: Thrash/Speed/Death Metal, Old Skool Rap (Eazy-E, Snoop Dogg's old stuff, Dr. Dre's old stuff, Da Lench Mob, etc.)

Job: High School student

Hobbies: Anime, Skateboarding, Guitar, Drawing (even I kind of suck, I'm getting better)
Theory1789

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Name: Brian

Sex: (let me check) yep. male.

Marital Status: Single and happy

Ethnicity: Asian

Religion: haven't picked one yet.

Drink/Smoke: moderately/depends what i'm smoking =]

Like: life, video games, anime, driving around, people.

Dislikes: clothed women, people who talk too much

Favorite anime: wow, toughie. probably Beck or FLCL

Favorite Tv Shows: not a fan of the tube

Favorite Food: sushi. fer sher

Favorite Drink: a refreshing seven seven

Favorite Site: facebook probably

Favorite Music: an extremely wide variety
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:19 am Reply with quote
Well now that we have some more fresh faces around these parts I suppose it's time for another round of hearty welcomes. So a big howdy doody and ANN welcome to GMSenpai, legendfunk, Scout_Leader, xoliveyouxx, DamienStryker, TheDrizzle, and Theory1789. Welcome to forums, please take off your shoes and leave your coats in the coat closest to the left. Very Happy Hopefully you'll all find something of interest here in these forums to keep you occupied and entertained. I suggest reading our very own Jadress's web comic Anime News Nina. Funny stuff, and it's free so what could be better? As part of your welcome though you all are lucky enough to receive your very own individual mystery welcome bag of goodies. ::hands them each a brown paper bag:: So my friends you are all the proud recipients of a belt buckle, a handful of pencil shavings, some deep fried crickets, and an empty fire extinguisher (I'm using my my jumbo sized brown bags today). I hope you enjoy your truly.......interesting gifts heh, and while you enjoy them don't forget these words of wisdom passed down through countless generations of my family; A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.
Daiyoukai Ramza

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:50 am Reply with quote
I'd completely forgotten to introduce myself in this thread before now... oh well, better late than never.

Name - Joseph
Sex - Male
Blood Type - O (Not sure whether it's O positive or O negative, though...)
Location - Fort Wayne, IN
Marital Status - Single
Age - 22
Ethnicity - Scottish, Irish, German... probably some others I'm not aware of.
Religion - None.
Pets - Seven, yes SEVEN cats. Five indoor ones, two outdoor ones. The indoor ones are all females... only two spayed, the two outdoor ones are males. Also, two dogs. A labradoodle and a shetland sheepdog. Both are idiots... especially the Sheltie.
Drink/Smoke - I don't drink on my own, but I'll gladly have a few (too many) drinks if I've got a drinking buddy. As for smoking... rarely, if ever.
Likes - Animals, eating (yay fast metabolism!), taking it easy, peace and quiet.
Dislikes - Crowds, job interviews (Good first impressions are not my forte... even when clean shaven, I still look too much like Shaggy from Scooby-Doo)... and that's about it.
Favorite Anime - Elfen Lied, Cowboy Bebop, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai, Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal, Death Note, Spice and Wolf
Favorite Manga - Elfen Lied, Unbalance x Unbalance (well, Manhwa... close enough), Rosario + Vampire, mx0, Angel Densetsu, Spice and Wolf
Favorite Books - White Fang, The Call of the Wild
Favorite Games - Final Fantasy Tactics, Devil May Cry 3, Breath of Fire series, Baldur's Gate II + Throne of Baal, Civilization III & IV, Simcity Series, Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Favorite TV Shows/Movies - Buffy, Angel, Braveheart, 300, Star Wars (Original Trilogy... and Ep III, I guess)
Favorite Drink - Amaretto, rum, & vodka. Separate, and with nothing mixed in.
Non-Alcoholic Drink - Apple juice and chocolate milk, separate, of course... yeah, a bit childish, but I like what I like.
Favorite Foods - Stuffed Bell Peppers, Cheese or Vegetable Pizza, Ham & Swiss Subs, Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Favorite Sites - DeviantART (Homepage), GameFAQS (When I stay away from the message boards, anyway...), Anime News Network, The Daily Grail, Giant in the Playground (for Order of the Stick), Ctrl+Alt+Del, Penny Arcade, F@NB0Y$, Onemanga (First Site I visit upon waking...), BleachExile.
Favorite Sport (to watch) - Hockey, I guess.
Favorite Sport (to play) - Soccer
Favorite Music - Anything but country and (most) rap.
Job - Currently unemployed. Not much of a problem, since my grandparents left me 1/3 of their estate. It ain't much, but it helps out when I'm in a pinch.
Hobbies - Playing video games, reading manga, watching anime... I used to draw and write, but I've not done that for years.

Fun Facts
Arrow It's a dubious honour, but I am the only person in my former high school, that I know of, to pass a class without doing ANY homework whatsoever... that class being psychology.
Arrow I'm incredibly shy in person.
Arrow I look fairly similar to Shaggy from Scooby-Doo
Arrow When I was 18, I tried to join the Marines and was rejected due to psychological reasons. According to the psychologist that interviewed me, I have "dysthymia", a chronic form of depression... never mind the fact that I'm generally a very happy person, even if I don't outwardly show it.
Arrow Incidentally, I'm distrustful of psychologists now.
Arrow I hold grudges very easily.
Arrow I once owned a very nice '95 Buick Riviera...
Arrow ...until I slid out into an intersection and got T-boned by a van.
Arrow I have a liking for Wolves, Dragons, and Vampires.
Arrow I have an (over)active imagination.
Arrow I'm allergic to penicillin.
Arrow I was once attacked by a German Shepherd.
Arrow I've never been out of the US... though I want to visit Japan, Korea, and various European countries someday.
Arrow Give me the slightest chance and I'll ramble on and on and on...
Arrow ...and on and on...
Arrow I have a very very poor sense of time.
Arrow I generally like animals more than other people.
Arrow I'm running out of "fun" facts to type...
Arrow ....
Arrow ....
Arrow I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Wiener.
Arrow Okay, I'm going to stop now.
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:57 am Reply with quote
Nice knowing you Joseph it sounds like you're a fun easy-going person.

I haven't seen the last two recent episodes of Spice and Wolf. I'll watch it tomorrow morning before going to school.

Anyway Welcome. Anime smile
animeaeon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Hello all^^

Lessee now...

Name: Amy

Sex: Female

Marital status: single

Pets: 2 cats, Morgan and Luna

Favorite Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist, Fruits Basket, Ghost in the Shell, Fushigi Yugi

Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Fruits Basket, Ranma1/2, Azumanga Daioh, YuYu Hakusho, Yotsuba

Favorite Books: The Lord of the Rings, anything by Stephen King, The DaVinci Code

Favorite TV Show: Ghost Hunters

Favorite Drink: Mt Dew

Favorite Music: all types really, but mainly alternative rock

Favorite Games: pretty much every Final Fantasy, Grandia I & II, Silent Hill

Favorite Quote: Not all who wander are lost.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 46 of 233