• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Devil Survivor 2: The Animation (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11
Why did I get a feeling that a lot of death flags will be triggered?

spoiler[One of the blast scenes reminded me of the movie Independence Day this episode btw.] So we're also one the final day and the last Septentrione is here. That's one tough little beast tbh.

spoiler[RIP Fumi and Hinako.] Fumi doesn't seem to care much though hmm..

Nice to see spoiler[Daichi] come through this episode as well with his summoning. Way to go man.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Alcor seems to like humans more than his friends.
The final trial is finally here.
Flashbacks to Hibiki's past were nice.
The latest, final monster really was tough.
It's abilities were really scary and dangerous.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:43 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

So many deaths, well the ones I cared the most about was the most like deaths of Airi and Jungo. Great to see that spoiler[Daichi was able to be such a major part of the end in summoning, Jack Frost, something apparently incredibly strong]. I am kind of reminded of the Yugioh cards that include an incredibly strong monster within the spoiler[jokingly weak] archetypes.

I look forward to see how this ends.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:11 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I look forward to see how this ends.

I get the feeling they are setting us up for a "reset" where a lot of people come back. After all they have that void thingy that has swallowed up most of the world already and I suspect that can be rolled back as well.

Although Yamato has been pretty upfront about what future he is fighting for, it isn't very clear exactly who he expects to survive (other than Hibiki) to do that future with. After all he and Hibiki can hardly reproduce (unless he has some other power up his, er, sleeve) and he has absolutely no interest in protecting anyone else.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:13 pm Reply with quote
@HaruhiToy That option is possible. Another is that he could be granted god-like powers and be able to create people. His true goal is to just create millions of perfect women and have the greatest harem of all time. Hence why he doesn't want many survivors; less people to share with.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:08 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Although Yamato has been pretty upfront about what future he is fighting for, it isn't very clear exactly who he expects to survive (other than Hibiki) to do that future with. After all he and Hibiki can hardly reproduce (unless he has some other power up his, er, sleeve) and he has absolutely no interest in protecting anyone else.

My preferred theory for how it will end. Razz
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:56 am Reply with quote
I kept expecting The Monarch to pop out of that last Septembercon.
Etrien

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11
spoiler[Foomy, nooooooooooooo!!! You got so little screentime, and we didn't even get to see your acquisition of Trumpeter!] Sad

Wasn't really expecting the episode to go that way, gotta say. spoiler[The majority of my end-game party is now gone. Also, it was nice to see Daichi finally get something worthwhile, but... I realize that Black Frost (Ja'aku [邪悪] Frost in Japanese) is one of the strongest monsters gameplay-wise, but his aesthetic and appearance totally made the scene feel ridiculous and anti-climatic to me.]
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:12 am Reply with quote
Etrien wrote:
but his aesthetic and appearance totally made the scene feel ridiculous and anti-climatic to me

This. If this show has something going for it is that the strong "main" demons all look pretty cool. This one was just... eh?
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12
Nice, a spoiler[match between Alcor and Yamato this episode. I kinda wanted to see them duke it out tbh. Anyways, I didn't expect Makoto to become a human shield in that fight. (also, is it just me or does her voice remind me of Kurapika from Hunter x Hunter?)]

spoiler[Nitta, Daichi, and Alcor] this episode ;.; I'm going to miss them.
The final confrontation next time so I guess that will wrap up the series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Etrien

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
is it just me or does her voice remind me of Kurapika from Hunter x Hunter?

Same voice actress delivering lines in the same style, so no, it certainly isn't just you. Wink
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

I noticed that in the ED there is spoiler[only Hibiki and Yamato are present, everyone else has disappeared to represent they are all alone, the only ones left]. It seems obvious now that we will end up with some sort of spoiler[rewind, although I still don't know if the void meant death in the traditional sense, but I wager we will see everyone coming back].

And I got to see spoiler[Makoto killed being a shield for Yamato, sad as she was one of my favourite characters in the series, and her dyeing for him] makes me hate Yamato more.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Apparently smart phone apps can transcend space and time. Who knew.
BleachedLegion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:04 am Reply with quote
I have seen it around but I'm wondering if it is worth watching? I'm just wondering if it is worth the watch. It seems pretty interesting but is there a Devil Survivor 1? Sorry if I'm completely clueless!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:27 am Reply with quote
@ BleachedLegion

There is no "1", the anime was based on a game, which appears was the sequel of another game. Personally I would not say it is that great, but it could be just my own preferences, you might like it if you are a fan of bishounen anime like K, or perhaps even a fan of anime where almost every character is at risk of dyeing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7