• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Zero no Tsukaima Author Noboru Yamaguchi Passes Away

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:19 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Funerals exist not to honour the deceased but to comfort the living, and I find that incredibly offensive. I'm not the only one who believes that; it is a widely-held view and a matter of much debate.

Quite possibly the most insane thing I've ever seen posted at ANN. Anyway, I've reported this poster for being a soul-less sociopath.

The part about reporting Zac did at least provide me with a rueful chuckle, though.
blindworm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:19 pm Reply with quote
i heard that he had a lot of notes of the last 2 volumes, and that one of them was already partially written (huge chance however that this is only a rumor from fans looking for some hope). if that's true though, then may be, JUST MAY BE, they can get someone who can finish this series

it wouldn't be the same, but that won't mean it'll be bad. and if kaze no stigma taught me anything, it's that i'll take a crappy ending that at least gives closure, over it simply stopping.
mcdebugger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:55 am Reply with quote
Ahh. I made a decision at 6th April to rewatch all the seasons of Zero no Tsukaima I watched before (3 seasons) and to start and end watching Zero no Tsukaima F. And I started the final season at 11-13 of April... And I read these news at the same time.. Finished watching ZnT F today morning and totally depressed. Rest in peace, Yamaguchi! In Memoriam. You made really good and memorable story. I will miss you. Have no words to describe my emotions and gratitude for your work. R.I.P.
Panitosan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:12 am Reply with quote
[EDIT: Please read the rules. This is an English language forum. -TK]
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:18 am Reply with quote
I have never read the novels but I have enjoyed all of the seasons of Zero no Tsukaima. RIP Yamaguchi-san.
blindworm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:22 am Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
I have never read the novels but I have enjoyed all of the seasons of Zero no Tsukaima. RIP Yamaguchi-san.

i wouldn't read the novels now, it would only disappoint since the story wouldn't go anywhere in the end

that's why i hope another author picks this up and uses work notes from yamaguchi (hoping there are some) to finish the last 2 volumes
ranashadow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:25 pm Reply with quote
I remeber watching ZnT back in 2009, was one of the first animes I watched. Then watched the rest of the seasons followed by the light novel. Defintaly one of the best animes I watched.

Its truly saddening that the creator has passed away, he had so much to give too. I hope AniPlex or Funimation dub the rest of the seasons so that us english fans can one day buy them and show our gratitude and appercation to his work.

RIP Yamaguchi. You will live on in the world you created.
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:17 pm Reply with quote
I know it's a bit of a necro, but I still have to express condolences. God DAMN this is sad news, and I only found out about it because of random comments in an image sharing site too. This is easily the saddest anime-related news I've heard in a long time, or ever since I don't remember any equally as bad. Any death is sad, but to see an author die before his work can be finished just doubles the tragedy. ZnT is such a great series too.

RIP

And I know this sounds a tad selfish. But the only thing in my mind right now is hoping that he atleast left a whole bunch of notes for the rest of his story so a talented author may atleast pick up his work and finish the series off with the remaining notes. There is nothing in the world sadder than an unfinished series.

Atleast the anime is finished, but it's so inferior to the LN.
Renton7

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:13 am Reply with quote
This is painful..

I'd only just started watching the anime for the first time, a few weeks after his passing. Now that I'm in love with the characters and story it bites to know that it may never get finished.

Hopefully he has shared his plans with his friends and editor, since he knew he didn't have much time, and they will be able to piece together an ending. Can someone with good enough Japanese write to his publishers at Media Factory and ask them about it?

Then again, he probably just got summoned into Louise's world and will be back with even more stories to tell... <3

sayonara
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Renton7

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:29 am Reply with quote
Gon*Gon wrote:
There is nothing in the world sadder than an unfinished series.

Oh gawd, this is what gets me as well.

Soon after this news about Noboru-sensei I learned that the author of Kaze no Stigma had passed on as well without finishing his story.

Even though I haven't seen Kaze no Stigma, it was heart-wrenching to realize that yet another person never got to finish telling his story... and these stories may forever remain unfinished because the only people who knew how they would end, may never come back. Sad

There needs to be club for this sort of scenario, where the fans hunt down a late author's notes and interview their acquaintances to put together the author's intentions for his series as best as they can, just like Tolkien's successors did with the Silmarillion and such.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
blindworm

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:21 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Renton7"]
Gon*Gon wrote:

There needs to be club for this sort of scenario, where the fans hunt down a late author's notes and interview their acquaintances to put together the author's intentions for his series as best as they can, just like Tolkien's successors did with the Silmarillion and such.

only problem with that is that they'll see the series in a different way. and since fans will likely be amateur writers at best, they would likely try way to hard to be similar, or capture his style, without fully understanding how it worked. also, they might simply suck at professional writing. should it be completed by someone else: "YES". but i would rather have an author who's experienced, with a lot of series backing him to finish it. not some nameless people who may not be as good as they think they are
BabooJ1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:25 pm Reply with quote
This is a very sad day to hear of his passing and it even made my cry.

RIP Yamaguchi -sama

I have watched and throughly enjoyed ZnT and wished it could have continued on.

I had only just started watching the series and when I got to the end of Series 4 I just wanted more of ZnT but sadly this will never likely happen.

I have just started to read the LN's (translated to English) and think they are wonderful and fell in love with his characters in the Anime and LN's.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:31 pm Reply with quote
BabooJ1, please observe our policy on necroposting. Thanks.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6