• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Announces 2011-2014 Hunter x Hunter's English Dub Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NearEasternerJ1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:14 am Reply with quote
Fate/Zero has the best English language dub of all time. In fact, the voice acting is some of the best of any show, language or format. It goes without saying. Kill La Kill is one of the best, but Zero is the best. It may have pauses, but that's in the Japanese version as well. All dubs have pauses. It would take a miracle to surpass Zero's dub.
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:22 am Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
Well, "Dragon Ball Z Kai" is in its last arc, and I don't think Funimation has dubbed the Kai version of the Buu Saga yet.

They actually have and many of the voice actors confirmed it in interviews & conventions recently. The reason that FUNi is keeping quiet about it is likely because they're waiting for Toonami to finish up the Cell arc plus as already mentioned, Dragon Ball Super is likely to take Kai's slot after Buu is finished.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:00 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Animeking1108 wrote:
Well, "Dragon Ball Z Kai" is in its last arc, and I don't think Funimation has dubbed the Kai version of the Buu Saga yet.

They actually have and many of the voice actors confirmed it in interviews & conventions recently. The reason that FUNi is keeping quiet about it is likely because they're waiting for Toonami to finish up the Cell arc plus as already mentioned, Dragon Ball Super is likely to take Kai's slot after Buu is finished.

Well... I'm sure "One Piece" will be gone soon if its ratings compared to everything else is an indication.
TheConqueror

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:39 am Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
NJ_ wrote:
Animeking1108 wrote:

Well... I'm sure "One Piece" will be gone soon if its ratings compared to everything else is an indication.

One Piece ratings are good at its timeslot. They are not gonna replace it anytime soon.
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Well looks like it's coming to Toonami in 2 weeks time starting on April 16. Also, no this is not an April Fool's prank!

http://toonamifaithful.com/hunter-x-hunter-debuts-on-toonami-starting-april-16/
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:11 am Reply with quote
Wow, this show was near the top of my wishlist. Didn't think it'd actually happen.

I'm guessing with Hunter X Hunter in the lineup, there won't be many new shows for a while. Much of the block is going to be taken up by the long-runners DBZ Kai, Naruto, One Piece, and now this one (though not quite as long as those other three). No doubt FUNimation's going to push to get My Hero Academia onto Toonami, but the question becomes if there's room for it.
NearEasternerJ1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Valhern wrote:
NearEasternerJ1 wrote:
It doesn't matter what you think about English dubs. It doesn't.

Huh. Eh... Chill, I guess?

First, I said I'm not particularly interested, mostly because English is not my main language and I prefer watching anything in original language, also because I don't buy the DVDs since it's very costly to import them here. But that doesn't mean I can't watch it just to hear what it's like and say what I like and what I don't, for example, the way names are pronounced in the 99' dub.

Second, yeah, no, it doesn't matter. Care to say that to all of the users that posted before this? I'm pretty sure not much people care about what we discuss here anway but we do that because, eh...it's a forum, I suppose.

Don't talk about what you don't know, then. If you're ignorant about English dubs and dub VAs, don't talk about them. Secondly, pronunciation for a series like this would not have been adequate in the Japanese version. There are no "Ls" in Japanese. Leorio cannot be pronounced in a legible manner. By your stance, that's an issue in Japanese. Pronunciation is not really of concern. On a personal level, my name is in both Hebrew and Arabic. Not easy languages to pronounce. Arabic is far more widely spoken than Japanese and Hebrew is sacred to Jews and Christians, which far exceed the ethnic Japanese population. If I don't care about having sacred names being mispronounced due to linguistic errors, I'm sure you shouldn't be caring.

Also, you're from Mexico, which is not English speaking. Why do random English dubs bother you? Don't say they don't, because they do. I might have talked about foreign dubs myself, but I actually care about all dubs and all languages.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6