• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Fate/Zero Blu-Ray Box Set II

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:22 am Reply with quote
jl07045 wrote:
jr0904 wrote:
Key wrote:
jr0904 wrote:
However what is confusing that the battle between emiya and kotomine in F/Z wasnt how it was described in F/SN for those that saw it.

IIRC (and I'm sure that someone will correct me if I'm not), that battle was never described in detail in F/SN, so Yuji Yamaguchi and his production team had to wing it a bit for the F/SN anime. Besides, the differences are only in the details, rather than the outcomes, so it's a relatively minor revision.

actually it was. sure it wasnt in FULL DETAIL! , but there was some descriptions that kotomine said on some of the final 4 eps on what happened in the final battle with him and shiro's dad which was very different in the F/Z series.

Be as it may, F/Z is a prequel to F/SN the visual novel. In the visual novel Kotomine just said that they met once, fought and Kiritsugu won. Saber however said that she fought Archer in a sea of fire so there's an inconsistency. Other than this and the novel stating that Ilya's mother died after the war, there are no continuity mistakes to my knowledge. A number of revisions though, like Tokiomi's or Kiritsugu's characterization.

well we all know irisviel died in that war, though the question is that did it occur exactely like in the anime spoiler[ where she was first killed off by kotomine , and then again by emiya in that fake world on ep 24 (which i seriously dislike more than what kayira did to rin's mom) ]

unfortunately that would only be known for the US audience if it get released here ( alongs its not the ero version of course )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Doodleboy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:54 pm Reply with quote
It's actually impressive how Fate/Zero got written with those constraints.

"Wait... so Saber is Kiritsugu's servant and the other protagonist and they can only talk to each other three times. Crap..."
"Hey, and don't forget. Kirei, the big bad and ideological rival of your protagonist? He can only meet him once too. Good luck writing!"
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:01 am Reply with quote
Doodleboy wrote:
It's actually impressive how Fate/Zero got written with those constraints.

"Wait... so Saber is Kiritsugu's servant and the other protagonist and they can only talk to each other three times. Crap..."
"Hey, and don't forget. Kirei, the big bad and ideological rival of your protagonist? He can only meet him once too. Good luck writing!"

Ironically, there are several times that Kiritsugu talks to Saber in Fate/Zero without actually using a Command Seal, so I'm not sure what you meant by that exactly.

What do I think of Fate/Zero? Just take a look at my favorite anime dubs for the past/current 7 years:

2008: Gurren Lagann
2009: Gundam 00
2010: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
2011: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
2012: Deadman Wonderland
2013: Fate/Zero
2014 (so far): Space Dandy (though Attack on Titan will probably dethrone it...)
acetatsujin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:20 am Reply with quote
Animation and Art get a B+, lol. And "− High barrier of entry never lessens. The dense details of the source material cannot be fully communicated in adaptation, and the material is so heavy it can be hard to stomach." Obviously, you know nothing about the Fate universe.

Let me say it again as I quote: "You know nothing about the Fate universe".
Key

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:15 am Reply with quote
^
So you just say that she knows nothing about the Fate universe and cannot be bothered to explain why.

Yeah, that's real informative. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:32 pm Reply with quote
B+ in Art and Animation.

Well fair enough. No anime is perfect anyways.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7