• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex USA Adds Madoka Magica, Blue Exorcist on Home Video

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
puppy1843e

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:08 pm Reply with quote
As big a show as Blue Exorcist is and even tho its only getting a sub release I'm still happy that its licensed. I just wish Aniplex would just release it as a complete box set. I just can't justify playing $40 each for 4 singles in tough times when for the money of one single I can go buy the Baka and Test Blu-ray/DVD combo pack from Funi.
Redlinks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:22 pm Reply with quote
As long as they provide 2 dubs (ENG, JPN) then I'll be happy. Here's to hoping we'll eventually get a complete set release for both series.
Mirri

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Sanosuke_Inara wrote:
I think it's pretty funny that, despite the fact that it's a pretty damn popular show and a big license for them, Aniplex has already managed to spell Madoka Magica wrong twice: once on the teaser site(Magina, instead of Magica), and the other on their homepage(Modoka, instead of Madoka).

Keep fightin' the good fight, guyz. Laughing

In the case of Madoka Magina, I think someone had a little bit of a freudian slip while writing the title, hah.

Modoka, dear god, who knows. First thought was someone was a little bit too in to thought of Tsubasa:RC, though.
FaytLein

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:30 am Reply with quote
Well, I thought Bandai would have nabbed Madoka, but since Aniplex is still a fairly new player, I forgot all about them. Oh well, I am super psyched for these two shows, I only hope Aniplex doesn't gouge us on the prices. I just can't wait!
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:31 am Reply with quote
Mirri wrote:
American movies, money at the theatres, home discs gravy. There are exceptions to this, sleeper movies like "Waiting..." that were so popular in disc sales (in that particular case in Australia) even with their bad theatre ticket sales that there's a direct-to-disc sequel.

Ha! Ya saw that movie too?! I didn't see it in the theaters neither! Laughing
(And that's why ya tip your waiters!)

Price is usually less an issue for me. It's just a matter of if it's worth it! Smile
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:15 am Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:
Blue Exorcist hasn't even completed a half-season and is not confirmed to continue past episode 12 yet. So yeah. The jury is still out on BE regardless of your infatuation.

It has been confirmed to be continuing into the summer:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/lineup

Other sources indicate it is set for 25 episodes.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:07 am Reply with quote
Aniplex better release AoEx on BD and not just DVD. I don't think they've released any titles in BD format before though, right?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:24 am Reply with quote
Madoka for sure and probably pass on Blue Exorcist. If Aniplex really wants me to drench my drawers, they'd need to bring out Bakemonogatari (in a version that costs less than $450 thank you very much).
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:18 am Reply with quote
One question: what's this about Blue Exorcist not having a dub? Where does it say "sub only" anywhere? I don't see anything like that!
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:21 am Reply with quote
is this a company that usually dubs their releases? I know Durarara was since it got broadcast, but I don't know about other releases...Ridiculously psyched if they do, yet another no buy for me if they don't...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
grooveygirl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:25 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
One question: what's this about Blue Exorcist not having a dub? Where does it say "sub only" anywhere? I don't see anything like that!

Here's the link where it is stated that Blue Exorcist is a sub only release: http://www.fandompost.com/2011/07/01/aniplex-usa-sets-blue-exorcist-and-puella-magi-madoka-magica-licenses/
Sacto0562

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:26 am Reply with quote
I'm just hoping that Puella Magi Madoka Magica is not only in Blu-ray, but also with DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack for both the original Japanese and (maybe!) English soundtracks. Cool
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:48 am Reply with quote
Sacto0562 wrote:
I'm just hoping that Puella Magi Madoka Magica is not only in Blu-ray, but also with DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack for both the original Japanese and (maybe!) English soundtracks. Cool

More like, they better bundle the specials that the Japanese release did. Those OSTs of Yuki Kajiura are must haves that came with the special edition blu-rays
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:56 am Reply with quote
SongstressCela wrote:
is this a company that usually dubs their releases? I know Durarara was since it got broadcast, but I don't know about other releases...Ridiculously psyched if they do, yet another no buy for me if they don't...

Their isn't really much precedent to go on.
Jozoiscute

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:37 am Reply with quote
Madoka Magica FTW.
I still have yet to see it, so this is good news!!
^0^
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9