• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Z Xbox Game

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T0FFe3m@n

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Good stuff. I might just buy it seeing as I have an XBox... Rolling Eyes
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, figures one of the few anime-related games to come to XBox is from a franchise I'm not particularly fond of.

Bandai, I beg you, port some damned Gundam titles!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
BERSERK EVA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Cool, sounds good to me. The way a DBZ game should be made...I'll most likely get it. I have an xbox, and a old fan of DBZ. I wouldn't mind getting a game like that. So I'll just sit back and watch as it gets more developed.
YuYuUrameshi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:41 pm Reply with quote
I can almost gurantee that this game won't sell well on the Box.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:49 pm Reply with quote
YuYuUrameshi wrote:

Really? Why's that? The way I see it there are so many rabid DBZ fans still out there that this game might actually help sell Xboxs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animefan16

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:19 pm Reply with quote
DBZ may not be as popular as it used to be but it's still quite succesful. More video games are coming out. GT is the highest-rated show at CN on Saturdays. Let's also not forget the upcoming live-action movie which is being made by Fox.

If they were to air the re-dubs of the Saiyan Saga on toonami, it's a possibility that DBZ could become very popular again.

About the game, I don't like DBZ as much as I used to but I'll still get the game. I can get nostalgiac sometimes.
biolizard_alpha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
YuYuUrameshi wrote:

Really? Why's that? The way I see it there are so many rabid DBZ fans still out there that this game might actually help sell Xboxs.

Why? It's also coming out on GCN and PS2. It was announced with pictures a few days ago.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:19 pm Reply with quote
biolizard_alpha wrote:
Why? It's also coming out on GCN and PS2. It was announced with pictures a few days ago.

I see, the article was so focused on the Xbox version that I missed the "other platforms" part of the news article. I guess that's what I get for skimming. Still, I don't see this as being a failure on the Xbox, especially with the blind faith people how in it.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BlazeEagle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:36 am Reply with quote
Sounds neat. Alot of DBZ is power up grunting, so condensing stuff shouldn't hurt anything. I just hope the game turns out fun...

I'm a fan of the DBZ characters more, as the show itself drags on too much for me. Don't get me started on Naruto! Wink
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:02 pm Reply with quote
IMHO, I just don't get why DBZ: Sagas is newsworth, where DBZ Budokai 3 for PS2 (generally ranked 8/10 by most reviewers and being hailed as "the best DBZ game" to date) isn't even mentioned.

In fact, what about the entire DBZ Budokai trilogy? Taken as a whole, Budokai is a great DBZ series that does follow the storyline of DBZ faithfully.

(Sorry if this sounds a little offensive to someone. It's just a small gripe, being a PS2 (and Budokai trilogy) owner and not an XBox owner.)
BERSERK EVA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Because it's a new type of DBZ game. It's a different type of game play, different from all the other ones.
Izlude

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:54 pm Reply with quote
It just better have netplay. Budokai 3 could of benefited from it, although some of its new features and tweaks made it quite an alright fighter on its own, I wish that Dragon Rush system wasnt so overpowered.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:27 pm Reply with quote
BERSERK EVA wrote:
Because it's a new type of DBZ game. It's a different type of game play, different from all the other ones.

That, and this is the first one (to my knowledge) to cross all three next-gen platforms, whereas Budokai's only been on one all three times.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
whereas Budokai's only been on one all three times.

Actually, they ported the first one to the GCN.

Glory Questor wrote:
IMHO, I just don't get why DBZ: Sagas is newsworth, where DBZ Budokai 3 for PS2 (generally ranked 8/10 by most reviewers and being hailed as "the best DBZ game" to date) isn't even mentioned.

What are you talking about? Budokai has had its fair share of news entries, a quick search is all it takes to know that.

On the topic of Budokai 3 music
Budokai 3 fan event
Budokai 3 screen shots
Budokai 3 first announced

Hell, that's four right there just for B3, I found 7 other news reports on the other Budokai games.

Emerje
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Nagisa wrote:
whereas Budokai's only been on one all three times.

Actually, they ported the first one to the GCN.

In fact, they should be releasing Budokai 2 on the GCN fairly soon, or it might be out already, but I know it's at least confirmed. From what I can tell, it seems that as soon as the PS2 gets a new Budokai, the GCN gets a port of the last one that came out. A little disappointing for Gamecube owners, since Budokai 3 is really the only one I would recommend buying.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2