• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Biglobe Poll: Most Anticipated Winter 2013 Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vinamara

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap! Minami ke Tadaima actually got second place. And here I was thinking that I was the sole soul anticipating it next year.

Guess there is some justice in the world.
kazziyan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Nope. I'm looking forward to Tadaima as well. Been a long wait for the next Minami-ke.

RyanSaotome wrote:
These are the anime I've got on my Plan to Watch list, in order of my interest:

1. Vividred Operation
2. Haganai Next
3. Tamako Market
4. Sasami-San
5. OreShura
6. Love Live
7. AKB0048
8. Mondaiji-tachi
9. Senran Kagura
10. Kotoura-San
11. Mangirl
12. Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

That's almost the same for me. Add in Date a Live and Minami-ke and I'm good.

Winter season usually turns out the next best after Spring. Definitely shows with this great line up.
Saffire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:30 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
You are completely correct. Summer and Winter are usually like this. There can be surprises, but those seasons are pretty thin. I don't know why Summer and Winter are always singled out. Maybe they figure that most people are busy with other things and the only people who have tons of time to watch TV are lonely otaku? -Why? -Maybe it has more to do with production companies and their schedules, with the ones who make all the fanservice and moe shows scheduling during those two seasons, and it just happens that way every year...
Spring/Fall are when most 2-cour shows begin, so Summer/Winter has fewer open slots to start new shows in. Moe/fanservice stuff usually only runs 1 so that's why they seem to pile up in the off-months; the "good" stuff is already running and that's all they can fit in.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:42 pm Reply with quote
kazziyan wrote:
Nope. I'm looking forward to Tadaima as well. Been a long wait for the next Minami-ke.

RyanSaotome wrote:
These are the anime I've got on my Plan to Watch list, in order of my interest:

1. Vividred Operation
2. Haganai Next
3. Tamako Market
4. Sasami-San
5. OreShura
6. Love Live
7. AKB0048
8. Mondaiji-tachi
9. Senran Kagura
10. Kotoura-San
11. Mangirl
12. Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

That's almost the same for me. Add in Date a Live and Minami-ke and I'm good.

Winter season usually turns out the next best after Spring. Definitely shows with this great line up.

I'd have Date a Live at #7, but I'm not completely sold on it being Winter yet. I know there was that leak, but I'm waiting for official confirmation.
Crispy45

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Wow, people weren't kiddin when they said ANN's tastes were different. Dissin' all these upcoming shows and saying Chihayafuru is the only good one o_o; That's the first time I've seen that
burnpsy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:03 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

I'm expecting a more fanservice oriented of Spice and Wolf when it comes out. The PVs already focus a lot on the main girls breasts and they make sure it has lots of bounciness.

I'll be amused if that's ALL the fanservice moments you'll see in the PVs, and the rest of the series was really Spice and Wolf with macroeconomics.

I am familiar with the source material.

Unless the anime studio injects more in, you are correct. Razz
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Crispy45 wrote:
Wow, people weren't kiddin when they said ANN's tastes were different. Dissin' all these upcoming shows and saying Chihayafuru is the only good one o_o; That's the first time I've seen that

Its kinda interesting actually. On /a/ the other day I saw a topic that showed that top 3 discussed anime for all the biggest English Anime sites in 2011... nearly every site had a combination of either Madoka, Steins;Gate, Fate/Zero and Idolm@ster in their top 3, and then ANN comes in and has Usagi Drop as the top anime. And doesn't even have Madoka in the top 3.

Not that its BAD that people have different tastes... just I guess something about ANN draws people with those kinds of tastes.

Last edited by RyanSaotome on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Saffire wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:
You are completely correct. Summer and Winter are usually like this. There can be surprises, but those seasons are pretty thin. I don't know why Summer and Winter are always singled out. Maybe they figure that most people are busy with other things and the only people who have tons of time to watch TV are lonely otaku? -Why? -Maybe it has more to do with production companies and their schedules, with the ones who make all the fanservice and moe shows scheduling during those two seasons, and it just happens that way every year...
Spring/Fall are when most 2-cour shows begin, so Summer/Winter has fewer open slots to start new shows in. Moe/fanservice stuff usually only runs 1 so that's why they seem to pile up in the off-months; the "good" stuff is already running and that's all they can fit in.

Ah! That makes a lot of sense. I was kind of wondering why they don't distribute the shows in a more equitable way throughout the entire year.
Saffire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:19 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Crispy45 wrote:

Its kinda interesting actually. On /a/ the other day I saw a topic that showed that top discussed 3 anime for all the biggest English Anime sites in 2011... nearly every site had a combination of either Madoka, Steins;Gate, Fate/Zero and Idolm@ster in their top 3, and then ANN comes in and has Usagi Drop as the top anime. And doesn't even have Madoka in the top 3.

Not that its BAD that people have different tastes... just I guess something about ANN draws people with those kinds of tastes.
What sort of metrics were they using to determine this? I find it hard to believe that Madoka didn't crack the top 3 here; it comes up all the time. Even just looking at the official discussion threads, Madoka has 52 pages and Usagi Drop has 8.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Saffire wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
Crispy45 wrote:

Its kinda interesting actually. On /a/ the other day I saw a topic that showed that top discussed 3 anime for all the biggest English Anime sites in 2011... nearly every site had a combination of either Madoka, Steins;Gate, Fate/Zero and Idolm@ster in their top 3, and then ANN comes in and has Usagi Drop as the top anime. And doesn't even have Madoka in the top 3.

What sort of metrics were they using to determine this? I find it hard to believe that Madoka didn't crack the top 3 here; it comes up all the time. Even just looking at the official discussion threads, Madoka has 52 pages and Usagi Drop has 8.

I believe they were just using total posts in 2011 itself (the article they linked was like a year old). A lot of people here didn't seem to be watching Madoka when it aired due to it having no legal streaming, so that might have hurt it.
Saffire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:29 pm Reply with quote
It's not impossible, but still seems sketchy. I'd like to see that article if you have any idea where to find it.
PrettyKitty$$$$$

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Well, of that list, I'm most looking forward to Chihayafuru 2. I loved the first season and I'm happy to be able to watch more.

As for the rest, I might check out that Bakumatsu thing, Hakkenden, and maybe give Amnesia a shot, although most of the otome game adaptations I've seen have been kinda terrible.

I'll wait for reviews to come in regarding the sea of moe shows, as they aren't my favorite. I can rule out a couple, such as this season's imouto thing and Vividred, but I'm hoping one of the others turns out to be a surprise gem. Maybe Tamako Market?

I'm also curious about Minami-ke and wish there were a legal way to watch the previous seasons.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Crispy45 wrote:

This comment sounds condescending to ANN users/readers. You make it sound as if not embracing moe or whatever thing the Japanese otaku are into is a bad thing. Personally, aside from a few exceptions (Bakemonogatari, Madoka Magica), Japanese otaku seem to only appreciate hyped shows like Sword Art Online, moe and echhi, shallow shows.

If ANN is a site with users/readers who tend to like anime with more substance, I am 100% on board and happy to come here. I understand that Japanese otaku sustain the anime industry, but I do not have to like the pandering crap they are into.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:49 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Crispy45 wrote:

This comment sounds condescending to ANN users/readers. You make it sound as if not embracing moe or whatever thing the Japanese otaku are into is a bad thing. Personally, aside from a few exceptions (Bakemonogatari, Madoka Magica), Japanese otaku seem to only appreciate hyped shows like Sword Art Online, moe and echhi, shallow shows.

If ANN is a site with users/readers who tend to like anime with more substance, I am on board. I understand that Japanese otaku sustain the anime industry, but I do not have to like the pandering crap they are into.

I don't think he's saying that its only okay to like otaku anime or anything. Just that the kinda shows that ANN generally seems to like the most are the more niche types of shows on other English speaking anime sites you go to. ANN seems to have an older audience that might be more used to the older shows from the 80s and 90s and don't like the direction anime has gone, while other sites have a younger audience who have more recently gotten into anime and like it for what it is now.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Japanese otaku seem to only appreciate hyped shows like Sword Art Online, moe and echhi, shallow shows. If ANN is a site with users/readers who tend to like anime with more substance, I am on board.

Speaking of sounding condescending...

And anime exists beyond the 'otaku' demograph. You forgot the weekly Top 10 and other hugely popular shows. Most of the most popular anime aren't even that popular with otaku. Despite being only about a few years old, Madoka already has more doujins than Naruto and One Piece combined, for example. Hense why Dokidoki! Precure is so low on this list, but I guarantee you it'll be bigger than any of the other shows.

Last edited by TitanXL on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6