• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment Announces License For & Release of El-Hazard: The Wanderer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArthurFrDent

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:54 pm Reply with quote
?
it's an interesting rescue... I've never seen this version, only the OVA's, but it seems kind of unusual, given it's age and off-shoot status. Curious. Cheap too, but was it decent quality to begin with? The OVA's could be uneven, though they are amusing...
Deadwing

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:19 pm Reply with quote
An El-Hazard license rescue? Awesome. Now all Nozomi has to do is pick up the rights for the original OVA and the Alternative World TV series. I really wish I had bought them all when I had the chance, but never really got around to it.
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm still waiting on them to announce a release date for Antique Bakery. Seriously, they announced that license with Junjo Romantica, which is out, so where's my Antique Bakery?

A rescue eh? I thought English audio was weird, they've been doing sub only releases lately.
ArthurFrDent

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Deadwing wrote:
An El-Hazard license rescue? Awesome. Now all Nozomi has to do is pick up the rights for the original OVA and the Alternative World TV series. I really wish I had bought them all when I had the chance, but never really got around to it.

psst. rightstuf has most of the original Geneon releases of the OVA and Alternate World. Cheap too.
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see this license rescued, but I think they should have gone for the OVA, much better imo.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1