• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Best Online Stores?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ikari22

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:23 am Reply with quote
Hi evreyone,

I'm kinda new to the anime scene and I'm looking for a safe online store where to buy from. I've bought anime at animenation.com but I feel that their stock is limited. I've looked at anime castle and anime corner store but I dont know if they are trust-worthy, you know I wouldn't want to end up with a $1000 charge to my credit card from a ghost store. Can anyone oute there recommend some good online stores? If you also know of a store that sells good statues I'd be most grateful, I'm interested in buying a Dante (Devil May Cry) statue.
benbboy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:21 am Reply with quote
rightstuf.com
deepdiscountdvd.com
bestbuy.com

they should have what you need
.Sy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Anime Nation is also a good place.
biliano

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Best Buy, TRSI, and AnimeNation are great stores, but there's another up-and-coming store that you should try - YAYanime.

EDIT: At the time of this post, I didn't know that YAYanime went out of business, so please ignore the last part of this post. My apoligies for misleading you. Embarassed

Last edited by biliano on Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:57 pm Reply with quote
You also can't go wrong with AnimeTen. Their prices are decent, and have good solid customer service. Smile

They are also really good if you are into import and character goods, so if you are looking for things like figures and whatnot, I'd suggest checking there.

.Sy wrote:

You do realize he/she mentioned AnimeNation in their post, right?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
.Sy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Godaistudios wrote:

.Sy wrote:

You do realize he/she mentioned AnimeNation in their post, right?
er... Embarassed
ikari22

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:20 am Reply with quote
thanks all!! I guess I can start doing my research with the links you gave me. If anyone stumbles upon any other good site let me know please!!

If any of you have bought stuff at any of those sites do share your experience with the store. You know, did they ship on time,did you get what you ordered, did you get charged anything you didn't order, etc...

thanks again!!!
Joe Arizona

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:47 pm Reply with quote
ikari22 wrote:

If any of you have bought stuff at any of those sites do share your experience with the store. You know, did they ship on time,did you get what you ordered, did you get charged anything you didn't order, etc...

thanks again!!!

I have bought online from Robert's Anime Corner Store and Deep Discount DVD quite a few times and have nothing to complain about either. Robert's has a larger assortment of anime DVD's, as well as all of the accompanying paraphenalia of fandom. Deep Discount DVD has lower prices, and free shipping, even if you only buy one DVD
biliano

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:22 pm Reply with quote
ikari22 wrote:
Can anyone oute there recommend some good online stores? If you also know of a store that sells good statues I'd be most grateful, I'm interested in buying a Dante (Devil May Cry) statue.

I recall that Ms. Answerman made a list of on-line retailers in one of her recent columns. In addition to the ones that we mentioned in this thread, check the end of this Ms. Answerman column for more sites.
silverhorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:16 am Reply with quote
Try this store..it's pretty cool...cheap price, good quality and service. I'm impressed with their shipping service. I get my DVD on the 3rd day from the day where i placed my order.

www. [This URL is a known Bootlegging website].com

They are having a great promotion now!!
.Sy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:25 pm Reply with quote
silverhorn wrote:
Try this store..it's pretty cool...cheap price, good quality and service. I'm impressed with their shipping service. I get my DVD on the 3rd day from the day where i placed my order.

www. [This URL is a known Bootlegging website].com

They are having a great promotion now!!
They definitely have cheap prices and seem to be a newer site. Could anyone check here and click on the Conan movie image and see what region it is? I tried sharpening, but nocando. It's just that the "English Subtitle" part seemed...off.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:52 pm Reply with quote
.Sy wrote:
They definitely have cheap prices and seem to be a newer site. Could anyone check here and click on the Conan movie image and see what region it is? I tried sharpening, but nocando. It's just that the "English Subtitle" part seemed...off.

This site primarily sells bootlegs. Actually, upon further inspection, I think they're all bootlegs. I could be wrong, though, because I don't want to look through every single item. But the Conan movie you linked to is probably one as well.
RoodyPooUS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Since all real R1 dvds are generally created equal, I would go with righstuf and deepdiscountdvd as they tend to have the best prices.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
silverhorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Could anyone help to explain why this site is consider bootlegs site? But look at the items i purchased from them, it's all original.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:47 am Reply with quote
silverhorn wrote:
Could anyone help to explain why this site is consider bootlegs site? But look at the items i purchased from them, it's all original.

Try reading this thread. The first page might be enough to give you some answers. Hope it helps. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2