• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Girls & Panzer Valentine Carnival Cut Short Due to Crowds

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:10 pm Reply with quote
If this doesn't show how popular Girls un Panzer has gotten, I don't know what will.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Something tells me that the fans were not after the angler-fish logo (which is the one that they have for download at the official site). They wanted the revealing military uniforms group shot.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:18 pm Reply with quote
They're really gonna need to import the actual tanks for a true event sometime in the future.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:38 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
They're really gonna need to import the actual tanks for a true event sometime in the future.

I doubt that the JGSDF Ordnance School will be willing to part with the only surviving Type 3 Chi-Nu and one of the few surviving Type 89 I-Gos for the sake of such an event. They'd have to go to the United Kingdom, France, Russia, Israel, or the United States to see the other vehicles featured in the show.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:15 pm Reply with quote
You'd think that they would assume massive crowds are the norm by now, and then plan accordingly.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:51 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
You'd think that they would assume massive crowds are the norm by now, and then plan accordingly.

If you overestimate you could wind up wasting money. Better they do events in Oarai again than crowded Tokyo. Or maybe do a joint event with the JGSDF.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:44 am Reply with quote
It'd actually make sense if they actually plan on giving these Valentine's cards to their S.O.; otherwise, they'd had been spending the day in the crowd instead of spending the day intimacy with their S.O. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1