• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Import Publication Sub Suggestions & Recommendations?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Often on forums I see people asking for recommendations on sources for publication subscription. As a U.S. based vendor we thought of offering subscriptions to various publications. You can see what we are currently offering here. Dengeki Hime and Comic Tenma are available at AnimeAku.

I am curious to what other publications fans would be interested in that we are currently not offering. Anything we are missing?

Subscriptions that are currently offered do not require a deposit, unlike our other pre-orders. since the loss by cancelations is not as great as with other items. Points are still earned per issue so you can build up a discount. Default shipping is via Media Mail unless instructed otherwise.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated. Anime smile
.Sy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:01 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering if you had any plans to sell individual issues of the magazines offered for subscription? I think it would also be helpful if you could give an age rating for each magazine, sometimes it might be helpful. Anyway, it looks like a really large and diverse selection compared to what we have domestically. Smile
Abel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:20 pm Reply with quote
.Sy wrote:
I was wondering if you had any plans to sell individual issues of the magazines offered for subscription?

For some we will. Some of the more popular monthly and bi-weekly releases we will have a few available via individual sale, as we already do with Animedia, Animage and Newtype.

Quote:
I think it would also be helpful if you could give an age rating for each magazine, sometimes it might be helpful.

Age rating would require us to be an authority on each series and each story in each specifc issue. Since these publications are all in Japanese, it is presumed that fans already know what they are getting into. Shonen publications are released with a younger audience in mind. Young publications will appeal to young seinen audiences. I understand where you are getting at. Take Comic Gum and Ikkitousen. Ikki is borderline adult material at times.

Any adult publications will only be offered on AnimeAku.

Quote:
Anyway, it looks like a really large and diverse selection compared to what we have domestically. Smile

Thanks. Anime smile
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:00 am Reply with quote
I'd definitally like to see some subscriptions to monthly manga mags (weekly would get a bit difficult). In particular, I'd definitally sing up for Afternoon or Monthly Ikki. It would probobly be more feasible to go with Afternoon, as that has more things that are popular in the US right now.
Cloe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:41 am Reply with quote
Abel wrote:
I am curious to what other publications fans would be interested in that we are currently not offering. Anything we are missing?

The subscription I would have been most interested in is Garo, but I think that publication is out-of-print now. Is there any chance of getting back-issues or something like that? Unlikely, I know. Still, wishful thinking never hurts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Abel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:
Abel wrote:

The subscription I would have been most interested in is Garo, but I think that publication is out-of-print now. Is there any chance of getting back-issues or something like that? Unlikely, I know. Still, wishful thinking never hurts.

Sadly we are not able to obtain back issues. Back issues are difficult as any unsold publications are recycled the moment their street date terminates. The only way to get older issues would be through second hand shops like Mandarake. -_-
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1